Swoop ?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Swoop ?

Post by rigpiggy »

I applied via emailed CV, no response(just a "we got it"
is good")should i follow up with the online application ?
---------- ADS -----------

simplicity
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Swoop ?

Post by simplicity »

You're not going to get any love here. Go get a job at an airline that isn't degrading our industry.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

From what I've been told, if you applied to Swoop and it's been 3 days and they haven't called you, something went wrong with your application.

simplicity
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by simplicity »

co-joe wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:31 pm From what I've been told, if you applied to Swoop and it's been 3 days and they haven't called you, something went wrong with your application.
:lol:

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

simplicity wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:49 pm You're not going to get any love here. Go get a job at an airline that isn't degrading our industry.
Yes go work at AC and be the lowest paid 777 FO on the planet!

simplicity
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by simplicity »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:11 pm
simplicity wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:49 pm You're not going to get any love here. Go get a job at an airline that isn't degrading our industry.
Sorry how much do 737 Captains make at Swoop again?

Everyone is always so quick to blame AC for their pay. I blame the Westjet, Swoops and Air Transats of Canada.

Hard to bargain raises when your only competition pays poverty wages.

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

It is called supply and demand.

Obviously someone is willing to work for what they pay so the problem lies with pilots not companies.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

And just lower the requirements

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

simplicity wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:35 pm

Everyone is always so quick to blame AC for their pay. I blame the Westjet, Swoops and Air Transats of Canada.

More than enough blame to go around. As long as the regs allow a 250hr pilot in the right seat, there will never be a supply shortage which means wages will never substantially increase. Look at what the 1500hr rule did to wages down south. It is incredible!

simplicity
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by simplicity »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:58 pm

More than enough blame to go around. As long as the regs allow a 250hr pilot in the right seat, there will never be a supply shortage which means wages will never substantially increase. Look at what the 1500hr rule did to wages down south. It is incredible!
That's the big one. I'm surprised no one in the USA has made noise about Canadians flying American passengers from US airports with no atpl or 500 hours etc.

If Jazz ALPA wanted to do something about it all they would need to do is go to their ALPA counter parts in the USA and try to have those airlines lobby the US government. I'm amazed this hasn't happened yet.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

I would have thought after SFO that the FAA would have started a push to line up our duty regs and experience rules with theirs. I guess until the planes actually collide nothing will be done.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

You're right. Nearly killing people isn't enough. They have to actually be dead before lawmakers care. It's a broken system.

Nearly kill 1000 and some relatively minor changes. Actually kill 346 and you ground a whole fleet type for 9 months and counting plus aircraft certification procedures change.

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

What does a captain at Sky Regional make? Why isn’t there a scope clause to get rid of their ERJs? Don’t make this a Westjet/Swoop problem when it’s systemic within the industry.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Your comparing a regional E175 to a 737-800?

It's about half the size.

Minimums
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Minimums »

goingnowherefast wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:51 pm Your comparing a regional E175 to a 737-800?

It's about half the size.
Are they that much different to fly? Nope. Numbers are different, controls and handling awful similar. Its an airplane, not the space shuttle.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

By that logic A380 pilots should make the same as a CRJ100. Hell, the guy doing minow trapping in a supercub, $2500/month plus room and board. They're all airplanes, not rocket ships.

The bigger the plane, the bigger the paycheck. Similar sized planes doing similar work should pay the same. Swoop 737 doing domestic and trans border flying should pay the same as WJ 737 doing domestic and trans border flying that should pay the same as AC A320 doing domestic and trans border flying. You get the point.

Minimums
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Minimums »

goingnowherefast wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:44 pm By that logic A380 pilots should make the same as a CRJ100. Hell, the guy doing minow trapping in a supercub, $2500/month plus room and board. They're all airplanes, not rocket ships.

The bigger the plane, the bigger the paycheck. Similar sized planes doing similar work should pay the same. Swoop 737 doing domestic and trans border flying should pay the same as WJ 737 doing domestic and trans border flying that should pay the same as AC A320 doing domestic and trans border flying. You get the point.
By your logic then, the guy flying a citation or a learjet should be paid pennies compared to the might 757 pilot....except...it doesn’t work that way.

We are a capitalist system, and pay = experience. Unfortunately, unions still have some stronghold on airlines, who think just because you’ve been around a while, have everything done for you, you DESERVE to be paid big bucks.

Nope.

Get paid what your worth.

WJ/Swoop know this. Guy meets a matrix of relative experience, but doesn’t have to do much more than obediently follow some SOP’s and show up on time. Same said guy wouldn’t know how to operate his own fuel panel if he had to, relies on someone else. Couldn't file his own flightplan, relies on someone else. Heck, couldn’t do a weight and balance manually without relying on someone else, BUT PAY ME MORE MONEY CAUSE I FLY BIG PLANE.

Nope.

Take your 80k job, smile, and be happy you even have one. Want more money? Go earn it.

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

Minimums wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:29 pm
goingnowherefast wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:44 pm By that logic A380 pilots should make the same as a CRJ100. Hell, the guy doing minow trapping in a supercub, $2500/month plus room and board. They're all airplanes, not rocket ships.

By your logic then, the guy flying a citation or a learjet should be paid pennies compared to the might 757 pilot....except...it doesn’t work that way.

We are a capitalist system, and pay = experience. Unfortunately, unions still have some stronghold on airlines, who think just because you’ve been around a while, have everything done for you, you DESERVE to be paid big bucks.

Nope.

Get paid what your worth.

WJ/Swoop know this. Guy meets a matrix of relative experience, but doesn’t have to do much more than obediently follow some SOP’s and show up on time. Same said guy wouldn’t know how to operate his own fuel panel if he had to, relies on someone else. Couldn't file his own flightplan, relies on someone else. Heck, couldn’t do a weight and balance manually without relying on someone else, BUT PAY ME MORE MONEY CAUSE I FLY BIG PLANE.

Nope.

Take your 80k job, smile, and be happy you even have one. Want more money? Go earn it.
I feel stupider after having read that.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Minimums
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Minimums »

Says the all mighty crj pilots, as the gaze down upon the lowly challenger peasants..

Return to “Employment Forum”