Swoow in-person interview

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

mj_flyboy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Swoow in-person interview

Post by mj_flyboy »

Hey guys,
Could someone please give me an idea of how the in-person interview at swoop is conducted ? Is it behavioural, scenario based questions or do they have a technical exam as well?
---------- ADS -----------

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Swoow in-person interview

Post by flyinhigh »

WHY in the pink F*&K would you want to put yourself through swoop????

Go fly a navajo up north, you'll have a better schedule, make more money, and maybe get treated the same.

CaptainHaddock
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by CaptainHaddock »

Maybe a pulse check, and you need to provide your own white shirt I believe, maybe mention you have more then one in the interview (you can get a loan and buy more if they hire you)

Billions of Bilious Blue Blistering Barnacles!
plausiblyannonymous
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by plausiblyannonymous »

mj_flyboy wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:58 pm Hey guys,
Could someone please give me an idea of how the in-person interview at swoop is conducted ? Is it behavioural, scenario based questions or do they have a technical exam as well?
I'm sorry that there are some gumpy apples who would rather insult you than answer your question.

I assume that the interview for Swoop is similar as for WestJet and Encore. Mostly HR questions and behavioural scenario based questions. They can teach you to fly the airplane the way they want it flown, but they cannot teach you how to think or be a pleasant person to work with.

CaptainHaddock
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by CaptainHaddock »

I’m a ‘gumpy apple’, it’s obviously easier to get hired at Swoop then WJ or Encore-because it’s a crap operator. So maybe the same interview process, but with lower expectations. A great gaping back door into ‘the Westjet group’. So fill your boots and bring your white shirt.

Billions of Bilious Blue Blistering Barnacles!
hurtin'albertan
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hurtin'albertan »

Just walk in and tell them you're willing to do 20 hour duty days and brag about it on yammer while calling out your winger who doesn't want to extend their day to obscene levels a problem child. You'll get hired on the spot. :toimonster:

.80@410
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by .80@410 »

hurtin'albertan wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:07 am Just walk in and tell them you're willing to do 20 hour duty days and brag about it on yammer while calling out your winger who doesn't want to extend their day to obscene levels a problem child. You'll get hired on the spot. :toimonster:
Ya that screen shot went viral pretty quick. Shows the levels of **** u would have to deal with over there. A captain sucking up to his FAs and throwing his winger under the bus for not doing a 20 hour day. Great CRM skipper! Explains why he is where he is.

Just callin it like it is.
Iphoneuser
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Iphoneuser »

Edited

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

Heres a sample question. You shoot the RNAV into yhm Reach mins with no contact: you either
A - conduct a missed approach.
B - select VS and dip till you see the runway.

This of course is a joke (the interview question part) but answer B was told to me as an example of what goes on there. Of course I can't say for sure it actually happened, then again who would admit to doing a 20 hour duty day (in writing) and chastise an FO following the CARS. Funny times we live in.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
losercruiser
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by losercruiser »

Call it Swoow in your interview too. Automatic hire.

Also get a headshot in a uniform and staple it to your CV. Even better if you have 4 stripes on your shoulders (note, you don't need to have ever been a Captain, but they like to see the go getter attitude dress for the job you want right?)

Return to “WestJet”