Well it turns out that I just washed my license. The whole shooting match is destroyed and turned into a lovely pulp in the washing machine. What the hell do I do now and does anyone know about who to contact at Transport and Industry Canada to get it reissued quickly. PS I'm in NWO.
Thanks.
(let the jokes and berating begin )
Just call your local transport canada office and have them fax you a temporary copy, then mail you a new one. I think it costs $40. Of course if you have time you could just apply for the new booklet for free.
As for the radio station licence, you call industry canada and they will replace it for free.
As for the new booklets, I very much doubt they would survive a washing machine. Mine ended up on a 24 hour sailboat race with me in the rain and while I still consider it good enough, it did take some damage from the rain. Those who actually care about permission from the government would probably want to replace the licence after any water contact.
I lost my license and medical certificate several years ago. It cost me over $100 to get new ones printed from Transport. If I were you I'd apply for the new license booklet and just fly with copies (assuming you or your employer has copies) until you get the booklet sent to you. That way it would be free. If you are in NWO and send it to the office in Thunder Bay, you'd probably get it back in about 4 weeks.
Call the general aviation office in Winnipeg. Have your visa number, and a fax number. Sadly, it'll be 120 for both. It, uhhh... happend to a friend of mine Radio licence? Dunno
Cat Driver wrote:Has anyone ever been charged for not having their license on them?
Is the fine less then the $120?
I knew of one fellow, the fine was $100 bucks and a seven day suspension. I think with a maximum penalty of $1000 per occurance, though it seemed that the penalty was the discretion of the enforcement inspector.
had an old instructor (charter pilot at the time) get ramped without his lic. didn't even have photo id. he forgot them both in his car but only got a letter from TC over it.
I laughed when I read the topic this morning and thought, "What idiot washes their licence?" Well I go to leave the house and my wallet is nowhere to be found. Well I finally found it in my pants pocket in the laundry hamper. Thank god the GF hadn't done the laundry yet.
If for some reason you feel like replacing the Radio Licence just get a hold of Industry Canada, best way is to go to a flight school and get their authorized person to fill out the form for a replacement, same form as a new one. They just need to check the "Replacement" box instead of "New". I'm not sure if there are any fees involved.
Lurch
---------- ADS -----------
Take my love
Take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care
I'm still free
You cannot take the sky from me
I will admit, I was really impressed last time I needed my Radio Licence renewed, they had it replaced and shipped to my door in lightning fast time. Even sent me an email confirming when they mailed it.
Not long ago I was in the Canadian Embassy in Madrid and spent some time reading their guest book. Apparently Canadian passports don't survive the washing machine either. Now that would be even more embarrassing & expensive!
I washed mine once, but got lucky. It was mostly legible and the new one was due within a few days when Transport was reissuing everyone to a 10 year. It goes in my pocket when I fly the J3 since there is no where for the flight bag.
---------- ADS -----------
"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
Someone's account got hacked and was posting in random old threads, each post is followed by multiple posts wondering why the old post was resurrected, which in turn continues to resurrect the old post.