EMPLOYER: Harbour Air Aerospace Services Ltd.
POSITION: Aircraft Maintenance Technician (NOC: 7315)
WORK HOURS: Modified work week, 10.5 hour shifts, 4 days on 3 days off = 40 hours/week
PRIMARY LOCATION: 5400 Airport Road South, Richmond, BC, Canada
TERM: Full-Time Regular (Permanent)
WAGE: Hourly rate: $37.00. Shift differential premiums apply where applicable. Reviewed annually and may be reviewed throughout the year.
VACATION: 4% of gross salary/year
BENEFITS: Competitive wage, training and opportunities for growth, extended medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, flight perks (such examples as but not limited to buddy passes and global inter-airline partnerships), revenue share, RRSP matching program, reward and recognition program participation, holiday gifts/bonuses where applicable, employee referral program, discounts at local restaurants and travel partner organizations, personal use of automotive garage, uniform, boot, and tool allowance, staff events and much more! Wage and benefits are reviewed annually and may be reviewed throughout the year with the potential for enhanced benefit amounts, new benefit types, and wage increases.
• Troubleshoot aircraft structural, mechanical or hydraulic systems to identify problems and adjust and repair systems according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals and established procedures
• Repair and overhaul aircraft structural, mechanical or hydraulic systems
• Install or modify aircraft engines and mechanical, hydraulic, flight control, fuel and pneumatic systems
• Dismantle airframes, aircraft engines or other aircraft systems for repair, overhaul and cleaning, and reassemble
• Perform and document routine maintenance
• Inspect structural and mechanical systems of aircraft and ensure that these systems meet Transport Canada and company standards of performance and safety
• Inspect work of aircraft mechanics performing maintenance, repair and overhaul, or modification of aircraft and aircraft mechanical systems to ensure adherence to standards and procedures
• Assist in training and coaching of Apprentice Aircraft Maintenance Technicians.
• AME (M1) license; or A&P, IA, EASA (B1 and/or B2), LAME, SACAA, or the equivalent license/certification and be eligible to obtain the AME (M1) license from Transport Canada upon arrival in Canada.
• Trade school certificate
• 5 years aircraft maintenance experience with DeHavilland DHC 2, DHC3(T), DHC 6, PC-12, Cessna 208 or similar aircraft type.
• Excellent communication skills with good command of English both written and spoken, required.
• Due to nature of industry, the ability to work flexible schedules including: evenings (currently latest finish time is 0030), weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments in a fast paced and safety sensitive environment.
• Ability and desire to work in a team-based environment.
• Committed to the four values of our company – Safety, Innovation, Customer Service, and Team Spirit.
• Ability to carry out physically demanding tasks at both water and land bases in all weather conditions.
• Piston and Turbine engine experience (R985 and PT6), ability to carry out sheet metal repairs.
ABOUT HARBOUR AIR AEROSPACE SERVICES LTD.
Our Approved Maintenance Organization (AMO) was created almost 30 years ago and most recently went by the name Aeroflite International Services Ltd. It is recognized around the world as one of the leading authorities of the DeHavilland product. Department wide, our people have been working on and around aircraft for close to a millennium. We are extraordinarily proud of our Person Responsible for Maintenance (PRM/DOM) who was honored in Wings magazine as one of the ‘Top 20 under 40’.
ABOUT HARBOUR AIR GROUP
Launched in 1982, Harbour Air is North America’s largest seaplane airline. It flies more than 450,000 passengers annually, including commuters and tourists throughout coastal British Columbia.
Our people are the backbone of our organization and we are committed to creating a culture that inspires one another to achieve extraordinary success. We have regularly been honoured as the recipient of numerous awards including Canada’s Best Managed Companies, BC’s Top 55 Employers, and Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
APPLY NOW: Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “19-53 AMT” or by mail 186-5400 Airport Road South, Richmond, BC, Canada, V7B 1B5