I love job requirements like these...

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

planett
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: I love job requirements like these...

Post by planett »

They're just minima, as long as you meet the minimum standard in each category, you don't need meet them within those proportions. Business jet jobs have required odd minima for many years. I don't think they're looking for ex-military fighter types but they don't want to exclude them either. Realistically, the job will go to someone with at least double or triple the time in some or all categories with a type rating to boot, and flew some VIPs before. Good jobs in business aviation are not yet subject to the pilot shortage.
---------- ADS -----------

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

OneYonge wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:46 pm poor guy sounds jealous of younger folks making better decisions and getting better jobs costing them less than he did at lower hours tbh.
Oh dear, if only you knew. Jealousy isn't a factor whatsoever and you don't have a clue of my age. Both are assumptions on your part and at the end of the day we are all in this together.

I will admit that the current times are great for the next generation of aviators. (Minus what seems to be shaping up as a downturn in the financial markets.)

Why would you take offence to knowing or being reminded that some of your brethren whom came before you had to bust their arses off for what guys and gals with 500TT now take for granted? It is what it is I suppose.

All the best to you and your future endeavors.

Fly safe,
TPC

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

I am definitely the old guard, but I will say this: when you spend tens of thousands to learn to fly, wrack your brain around all the rules, be incredibly sharp on the job or else, you do tend to think somebody must owe you something. It is hard getting to the bigs during most times, even if you get a job - you either live in a city trying to live on scraps, or you get eaten by bugs (neither of these is an exaggeration, as we know). You need resiliency, and some of these kids will have a hard time with it, I think. But they will learn. I wish people would have it easy. Life can be hard.

OneYonge
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by OneYonge »

TeePeeCreeper wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:56 pm
OneYonge wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:46 pm poor guy sounds jealous of younger folks making better decisions and getting better jobs costing them less than he did at lower hours tbh.
Oh dear, if only you knew. Jealousy isn't a factor whatsoever and you don't have a clue of my age. Both are assumptions on your part and at the end of the day we are all in this together.

I will admit that the current times are great for the next generation of aviators. (Minus what seems to be shaping up as a downturn in the financial markets.)

Why would you take offence to knowing or being reminded that some of your brethren whom came before you had to bust their arses off for what guys and gals with 500TT now take for granted? It is what it is I suppose.

All the best to you and your future endeavors.

Fly safe,
TPC
Who’s taking offense? It is worth noting that someone out there like you exists, but so you know, noone truly cares what you think my friend. We don’t care how much you think you’ve busted your ass. That’s on you. You are welcome to assume folks you don’t know are “entitled”...it’s very telling and we clearly see you have a jealous crab mentality. Who cares if it took you 2000hrs to get somewhere somebody else took only 500hrs to do? You should be happy for them, but you sound resentful and unsupportive of it. Im so sorry this is happening to you.

OneYonge
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by OneYonge »

ayseven wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:30 am I am definitely the old guard, but I will say this: when you spend tens of thousands to learn to fly, wrack your brain around all the rules, be incredibly sharp on the job or else, you do tend to think somebody must owe you something. It is hard getting to the bigs during most times, even if you get a job - you either live in a city trying to live on scraps, or you get eaten by bugs (neither of these is an exaggeration, as we know). You need resiliency, and some of these kids will have a hard time with it, I think. But they will learn. I wish people would have it easy. Life can be hard.
Well those people who just can’t cut it, get culled out pretty quickly don’t they. Kids have no idea, but you are right, they learn quick. If something is not for them, there are other ways to make money. Who cares? Good for them. Noone here is demanding anything. Folks are just getting info and making better decisions. Times change, and Old man feelings don’t need to get hurt that the next generation is no longer impressed by how “tough” the older generations are.

Schooner69A
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Schooner69A »

Many a job has been written with one individual in mind. Company rules may state that any position has to be opened for competition, but that doesn't stop the job qualifications to be so detailed that they could only fit one group or a group of persons...

It's like the left arm of Sammy Davis Jr: 'taint right and 'taint fair; but that's the way it is...

shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by shimmydampner »

OneYonge wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:15 am Well those people who just can’t cut it, get culled out pretty quickly don’t they. Kids have no idea, but you are right, they learn quick. If something is not for them, there are other ways to make money. Who cares? Good for them. Noone here is demanding anything. Folks are just getting info and making better decisions. Times change, and Old man feelings don’t need to get hurt that the next generation is no longer impressed by how “tough” the older generations are.
LOL. Tough talk. And now three days later the majors are putting the brakes on ground schools and hiring. Times change indeed, and young kids' feelings might get hurt that no one is impressed by their resumes. Better hope you have a real secure seat if this lasts for any length of time kiddo.

TSAM
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TSAM »

Last edited by TSAM on Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OneYonge
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by OneYonge »

shimmydampner wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:01 pm
OneYonge wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:15 am Well those people who just can’t cut it, get culled out pretty quickly don’t they. Kids have no idea, but you are right, they learn quick. If something is not for them, there are other ways to make money. Who cares? Good for them. Noone here is demanding anything. Folks are just getting info and making better decisions. Times change, and Old man feelings don’t need to get hurt that the next generation is no longer impressed by how “tough” the older generations are.
LOL. Tough talk. And now three days later the majors are putting the brakes on ground schools and hiring. Times change indeed, and young kids' feelings might get hurt that no one is impressed by their resumes. Better hope you have a real secure seat if this lasts for any length of time kiddo.

noone has ever been impressed by inexperience. it's a given.

what's not so obvious is old-timers who would actively create barriers just because they resent how young folks act.

there's already enough barriers to go around for everyone, and now we got a crazy bug so how about we all just be in the same team.

Return to “Employment Forum”