MIFR renewal suggestions for Calgary

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

4hrstovegas
Rank 4
Rank 4

MIFR renewal suggestions for Calgary

Post by 4hrstovegas »

Hey all,

It's time to renew the old MIFR. I'm looking for advice about the best place to do my re-ride in Calgary. I need a bit of refreshing in both the IFR and multi areas (Seminole preferred), but don't need to rewrite the INRAT. I'd like to do it in a short period of time, as I will have to come in from out of town. Any advice, experience, suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers...

Vegas
---------- ADS -----------

Success flourishes only in perseverance -- ceaseless, restless perseverance. -The Red Baron
AirPocket
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AirPocket »

Calgary Flight Training Centre has an aztec. They're based out of the international, so this might be helpful.

4hrstovegas
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 4hrstovegas »

Thanks AP,

I'll check them out. Just after posting this question, I noticed the topic before pertains to the same subject area. Here's another question, though. Know of any flight schools who have an in-house DFTE with whom I could train prior to the ride? Always helps to get to know the DFTE's style beforehand if possible.

-V

Success flourishes only in perseverance -- ceaseless, restless perseverance. -The Red Baron
D5GRVTY
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by D5GRVTY »

I'll put in a plug for my own school, Springbank Air Training College.

One of the best prices for twins in the YYC area

For the most part we use Doug Gillanders, one of the friendliest DFTE's and a very experienced pilot. A flight test with him is a relaxed learning experience.

aero220
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by aero220 »

There is already a similar post to answer this question. Look at the "calgary Schools?" post. There is alot of information in it and a bit of debate already to give you an understanding of what many people are saying about the schools that offer Multi training in the calgary area.

4hrstovegas
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 4hrstovegas »

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm heading to Springbank Air Training College next week. Will let you know how it went. After a first visit, everything there is what I'm looking for. Happy landings!

Return to “Flight Training”