EAA AirVenture Oskosh July 20 - 26 2020

Interested in aerobatics or information on an airshow place your topics here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

EAA AirVenture Oskosh July 20 - 26 2020

Post by Beefitarian »

https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa-a ... re-tickets

It's the only place I have ever looked at a formation of P-51 mustangs flying by and thought. Huh, there they go again. Then stopped watching and went back to walking.

You should probably go. I doubt I'll do it this round. I'll alert people if I do.
---------- ADS -----------

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: EAA AirVenture Oskosh July 20 - 26 2020

Post by Beefitarian »

I think Sun N Fun was cancelled.

I suppose this is pending since there are a few people in attendance from everywhere in the world.

5x5
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 5x5 »

It seems that Sun n Fun is still tentatively scheduled for May 5 - 10. Possibly optimistic but that's one of the worst things right now - the uncertainty of everything.

As for Oshkosh - I'll be doing everything I possibly can to go again. It's an absolute highlight of every year I've managed to be there.

Being stupid around airplanes is a capital offence and nature is a hanging judge!

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”
Mark Twain
Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Oops, I should research better. I thought it was done.

Yeah AirVenture is fun but a bit of a trek from here. Maybe if my offspring move out I'll go again.

I have let my EAA membership lapse. Not sure I'll renew for a while.

5x5
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 5x5 »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Being stupid around airplanes is a capital offence and nature is a hanging judge!

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”
Mark Twain
J31
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by J31 »

5x5 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:47 am It seems that Sun n Fun is still tentatively scheduled for May 5 - 10. Possibly optimistic but that's one of the worst things right now - the uncertainty of everything.

As for Oshkosh - I'll be doing everything I possibly can to go again. It's an absolute highlight of every year I've managed to be there.
SUN 'n Fun 2020 now cancelled:

https://flysnf.org/

This year, we will serve those same communities by assisting in the defeat of the COVID-19 pandemic. We recognize and acknowledge that this threat has changed the world we live in, and that it is our responsibility to join the fight to bring it to as swift an end as humanly possible.

We stand with our local, state, and national leaders in supporting public health practices that will bring this outbreak to a halt as quickly as possible. Even now, most of our staff are working from home in compliance with social distancing directives, with those that must come in adhering to strict isolation and sanitation policies.

Unfortunately supporting these initiatives will mean that the 2020 SUN ‘n FUN Aerospace Expo will be unable to proceed as originally planned. Regardless of the financial impact, for the safety of all, we will move our 46th event to join with the 47th in April of 2021.

Return to “Aerobatics & Airshows”