New normal for those still left

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

2nine9two
Rank 0
Rank 0

New normal for those still left

Post by 2nine9two »

Just curious as to what things actually look and feel like day to day for those pilots who are still active?

How many days per month and legs per day is your new normal?

Also interested in hearing from commuters about how much more difficult all around reduced frequency has made it for you to get to work?

-A curious inactive Jazz pilot
---------- ADS -----------

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: New normal for those still left

Post by KenoraPilot »

It really depends on type and base.

YVR Q is flying quite a bit, lots of single days, but the multi days are coming back.
DH8 YYC is very slow as is the RJ, but every month is a little different. Loads seem to be coming back to 50-90% depending on route.
Whenever I am dead heading I see 1-10 CONS on most of the major routes (YYZ, YYC, YVR) but doesn't look like flights are sold out so not sure if people are having trouble commuting.

truedude
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by truedude »

I would agree with the above. It seems to be largely determined on what aircraft you fly, and where you are based.

In YVR on the Q, there is a steady positive trend, month over month. Some days have 6 legs in them. New (old) destinations coming on monthly, sometimes mid month. I know in YVR, the airport is opening the "Westjet" wing next month too.

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

"Green Shoots" ....finally!

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”