The closing date is September 23, 2020. If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please refer to the following website links: (note: those candidates whom already applied need not re-apply)
GoS Career Centre: https://govskpsc.taleo.net/careersectio ... oblist.ftl
Assistant Operations Manager/Safety Officer - EXE0001859
Employment Type: Permanent Full-time
: SK--LaRonge and Area-La Ronge
****PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A NON FLYING POSITION*****
Re-Advertised, those candidate whom already applied need not re-apply
The Saskatchewan Public Safety Agency (SPSA), Operational Response, Air Operations – Operations General, is seeking an Assistant Operations Manager/Safety Officer. As Assistant Operations Manager/Safety Officer, which includes Assisting Operations Manager for the Saskatchewan Air Tanker fleet, Air Operations, this position reports to the Director of Air Operations.
This position will primarily lead and direct the SPSA, Air Operations Safety Management System, and at times will be required to assist the Operations Manager/Director with the management of the SPSA, Air Operations flying and Maintenance operations.
Aviation Operations is a commercial air service consisting of 6 amphibious air tankers, 4 land based air tankers, 105 staff, 3 hangars, 6 Tanker Bases, over 20 vehicles and ground support equipment, which is generally over $25 million in asset value, over 12 million direct expenditures and 20 million in-direct.
Although Aviation Operations operates primarily provincially, it also performs work nationally under the Mutual Aid Resources Sharing (MARS) Agreement and Internationally as needed.
Primary responsibilities attached to the delivery of the aforementioned include:
Responsible for the Safety Management System (SMS) and as delegated by the Director, Flight and Maintenance Operations of SPSA, Air Operations they will report directly to the Director of Air Operations.
This position will ensure that the Safety Management System meets all the requirements of Canadian Aviation Regulations Part 6 as well as the Canada Labour Code and Saskatchewan Occupational Health (OH &S) and Safety Acts and Regulations.
• This position is responsible for the managing and updating of the Safety Management System, OH&S Program and Risk Management Program.
• Coordination and as required delivery of all training and accreditation for Air Operations.
• The position requires the ability to cope with changing circumstances and situations with little supervision and will act independently of other managers within the organization.
• As delegated by the Director assist in managing Saskatchewan Public Safety Agency(SPSA), Air Operations fleet of 17 aircraft, of which 10 are identified in the “Heavy Aircraft Category being over 12,500 lbs.”, including the maintenance of the aircraft, under an Approved Maintenance Organization and flight operations, under an Air Operators Certificate, as Commercial Aircraft under the Canadian Aviation regulation 702 category.
• As delegated by the Director/Operations Manager, the staffing, training, supervision, evaluations, work schedules, probationary reports, discipline and recommended termination associated with having a staff consisting of 35 Flight Crew (with Chief Pilot), and 40 Maintenance Staff (with Chief Aircraft Maintenance Engineer).
• In conjunction with budget managers assist the Director to develop, administer and monitor budget, for day to day operations, Safety Management, special projects, equipment capital, Stores (with $16 M of inventory), Repair and Overhaul Shop, and associated with the fleet and associated support equipment (fork lift, man lifts, transportation vehicles, ground power units, generators, pressure washer, other duties assigned by the Director.
• In conjunction with the Director, Chief Pilot and Maintenance Manager, provide strategic air services planning to ensure the appropriate aircraft and flight operations are provided to meet SPSA needs, whether that’s in-province, in-country or out of country.
• In conjunction with the Chief Pilot and Maintenance Manager implement and monitor quality control and risk management for both the maintenance and flight sides of the organization.
• Working with the management team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
To qualify, you must:
• Hold or have held the appropriate license and ratings for which a pilot-in-command is required to hold for one of the aircraft operated by the air operator or have acquired not less than 2 years related flight operations experience with an air operator of a commercial air service or equivalent military experience.
• Have demonstrated to the air operator knowledge with respect to the content of the operations manual, Air Operator Certificate and Operations Specifications and the provisions of the regulations and standards necessary to carry out the duties and responsibilities to ensure safety.
In addition to this, strong management and leadership skills attained through formal education and/or numerous years of experience; knowledge of Aviation Safety Management systems; a diverse mechanical awareness to understand the maintenance requirement of the aircraft and duties performed as an Approved Maintenance Organization (AMO); an understanding of aerial fire suppression techniques; good communication skills; and in-depth knowledge and extensive experience of the aviation industry and civil aviation in general are required.
As Assistant Operations Manager/ Safety Officer, in the absence of the Director this position is a provincial expert in this field, and although you would have professional staff for the specific flight and maintenance areas, this position is always accountable for all activities that take place on behalf of The Saskatchewan Public Safety Agency, Aviation Operations.
We are committed to workplace diversity.
Number of Openings
: Sep 23, 2020, 11:59:00 PM