Appologies

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Appologies

Post by Fanblade »

Johnny767 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:50 am
ALPA will be a done deal after the merger, the CIRB will mandate a representation vote. So that wind is taken out of the sails of the P4C. As mentioned above, no way in hell we could get there any sooner.
Do you want to join ALPA C? Or restart the deal to join ALPA I?

A representation vote will likely end up with us in ALPA C. Not ideal. In fact ACPA might win that choice.

We need control of how this happens. A merger with ALPA is far superior than simply a representation vote dumping ACPA.

This is bigger than simple representation. ACPA has assets, liabilities and cash.
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by Fanblade on Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

planebored wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:22 pm

Also, ALPA will not pursue any relationship with ACPA as long as the deal with TS is not finalized or dead. Their duty of representation is towards the TS group and any talks with ACPA would be inappropriate.
Not true.
Not true. The very first thing that happens is a representation vote. Well before seniority issues get to an arbitrator we will ALL be represented by either ACPA or ALPA.

Edit: Did you mean ALPA wouldn’t pursue ACPA between now and the closing date of the deal? Like in this instance between now and Jan 2021? That’s probably accurate.

The only thing the remains outside that umbrella is the merger committees. They remain ACPA on AC’s side and ALPA on Transat side until integration is complete.

Johnny767
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Johnny767 »

TFTMB heavy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:20 pm
Johnny767 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:50 am The last election a group ran for office with the agenda to stop the progression toward ALPA. They just weren’t up front about it to the membership.

In fact ACPA has had this happen multiple times now. People with a common agenda get elected and pursue said agenda.

This time, for a change, we have a group with an agenda, and they are completely up front about it.

Completely forthright. Will they sway the balance on the MEC, if enough get elected, toward ALPA? I hope so.

But they are just 3 people. It’s not like ACPA will be suddenly upended.
ALPA will be a done deal after the merger, the CIRB will mandate a representation vote. So that wind is taken out of the sails of the P4C. As mentioned above, no way in hell we could get there any sooner.
A representation vote is not guaranteed, the CIRB can force TS to join ACPA given the big size difference in the groups. Even the ACPA CA can be imposed by the board.

Also, ALPA will not pursue any relationship with ACPA as long as the deal with TS is not finalized or dead. Their duty of representation is towards the TS group and any talks with ACPA would be inappropriate.
[/quote]

I can't remember the process, been 20 years, but there will definitely be a representation vote. It may require the ALPA (Transat Pilots) to force it through the CIRB? Together we can push for ALPA ( I ) and Group A!!!

TFTMB heavy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TFTMB heavy »

Fanblade wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:09 pm
planebored wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:22 pm

Not true.
Not true. The very first thing that happens is a representation vote. Well before seniority issues get to an arbitrator we will ALL be represented by either ACPA or ALPA.

Edit: Did you mean ALPA wouldn’t pursue ACPA between now and the closing date of the deal? Like in this instance between now and Jan 2021? That’s probably accurate.

The only thing the remains outside that umbrella is the merger committees. They remain ACPA on AC’s side and ALPA on Transat side until integration is complete.
I mean exactly what you put in your edit. And yes the merger committees remain represented by thei original unions even years down the road.

TFTMB heavy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TFTMB heavy »

Johnny767 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:40 pm
TFTMB heavy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:20 pm
Johnny767 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:50 am The last election a group ran for office with the agenda to stop the progression toward ALPA. They just weren’t up front about it to the membership.

In fact ACPA has had this happen multiple times now. People with a common agenda get elected and pursue said agenda.

This time, for a change, we have a group with an agenda, and they are completely up front about it.

Completely forthright. Will they sway the balance on the MEC, if enough get elected, toward ALPA? I hope so.

But they are just 3 people. It’s not like ACPA will be suddenly upended.
A representation vote is not guaranteed, the CIRB can force TS to join ACPA given the big size difference in the groups. Even the ACPA CA can be imposed by the board.

I can't remember the process, been 20 years, but there will definitely be a representation vote. It may require the ALPA (Transat Pilots) to force it through the CIRB? Together we can push for ALPA ( I ) and Group A!!!
[/quote]

The board has the authority to not hold a vote in regards to representation.

planebored
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by planebored »

The board wants us. So yeah, not really going to be a problem. But keep peddling the anti ALPA narrative and misinformation.

Maybe go talk to someone who was part of the ALPA initiative and get the facts.

TFTMB heavy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TFTMB heavy »

planebored wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:32 pm The board wants us. So yeah, not really going to be a problem. But keep peddling the anti ALPA narrative and misinformation.

Are you directing that at me?

Johnny767
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Johnny767 »

planebored wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:32 pm The board wants us. So yeah, not really going to be a problem. But keep peddling the anti ALPA narrative and misinformation.

Good lord, everyone in this conversation is pro-ALPA, try to keep up! I have spent plenty of time in Herndon and was likely an ALPA member before you could spell "Airplane."

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Johnny767 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:58 pm

Good lord, everyone in this conversation is pro-ALPA, try to keep up! I have spent plenty of time in Herndon and was likely an ALPA member before you could spell "Airplane."
:roll:

planebored
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by planebored »

Johnny767 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:58 pm

I love how everyone assumes posters here are all in their 20's.

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

yep

..and live in your parent's basement.

planebored
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by planebored »

Brb getting some avacado toast

98 Corolla
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 98 Corolla »

'97 Tercel wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:55 pm yep

..and live in your parent's basement.
Ridiculous. I live in someone else's basement.

gtappl
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtappl »

How will the AT merger affect future hiring? I imagine the whole industry won't need new people for years with AC having such a big surplus?

200Above
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 200Above »

gtappl wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:21 pm How will the AT merger affect future hiring? I imagine the whole industry won't need new people for years with AC having such a big surplus?
Hiring. Now that’s a word I haven’t heard in awhile.

milhouse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by milhouse »

gtappl wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:21 pm How will the AT merger affect future hiring? I imagine the whole industry won't need new people for years with AC having such a big surplus?
I mean Lufthansa literally told student pilots to cease training and pursue other careers.

gtappl
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtappl »

milhouse wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:09 pm
I mean Lufthansa literally told student pilots to cease training and pursue other careers.
Europe is a different boat

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

gtappl wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:29 am
milhouse wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:09 pm
Europe is a different boat
How so?

Like a better boat?

Canada is probably the worst in the world for overreach.

People can't even go A to B within in the country without a hassle from the cowards in their little castles.

Not to mention no sector support.

TFTMB heavy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TFTMB heavy »

Did the elections happen yet for ACPA?

Loon-A-Tic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Loon-A-Tic »

It sure would help form an opinion if someone would post the confounded letter :?

Return to “Air Canada”