Save Canadian Aviation March in Ottawa Oct 20th

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Save Canadian Aviation March in Ottawa Oct 20th

Post by Heliian »

You mean "save the Canadian airline industry".

A lot of other sectors are still functioning and adjusting.
---------- ADS -----------

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

sstaurus wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:14 am It also doesn’t help that this forum has become 95% ads and nearly unusable. Perhaps it’s time for someone to create a new avcanada.
Yup, I think that's a pretty good idea man. But anyhow, not to derail the thread.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Move avcanada to Reddit.

172_Captain
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 172_Captain »

DanWEC wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:03 pm
sstaurus wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:14 am It also doesn’t help that this forum has become 95% ads and nearly unusable. Perhaps it’s time for someone to create a new avcanada.
Yup, I think that's a pretty good idea man. But anyhow, not to derail the thread.
Yes but it’s so successful. Just look at those traffic stats from 2010-2011! :rolleyes:

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Just another perspective.
25,000 a week in Toronto alone.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.5758609

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Gilles Hudicourt »

The march is on. Those that can please join us. The more the better.

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

If there was going to be help it would have happened by now. The federal government is eerily turning a blind eye to this situation for a reason. Wake up!

CPT.HarshColdReality
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CPT.HarshColdReality »

RRJetPilot wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:05 am I support you Gilles. Keep fighting the good fight. If I was not on the west coast I would be there. And to the last post, there is so much wrong with what the troll wrote, no point acknowledging it. Good luck!
whats a short flight that probably cost you pennies to support a great cause?

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

172_Captain wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:45 am Sorry but no.

What exactly do you want the government to do? Travel is down due to a global pandemic, this will continue this way for the foreseeable future. No amount of spending or stimulus is going to encourage people to get on a plane. That money would be better spent IMO supporting the people then corporations that privatize gains while socializing the losses.

Why should my tax dollars go towards funding for an airlines that has a CA paying people 75%-100% wages for sitting at home? You really want to save the airlines? Fall on your sword and give up your salary expense and save them the money.

Also, wouldn't advise a march in a COVID hotspot either. Not really the right look if you want to be taken seriously, again IMO. The perception of the airlines industry is that airlines are evil, and the pilots are already overpaid considering the autopilot does everything. Organizing a gathering while the second wave picks up steam isn't really the best approach.
Agree 💯

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

Heliian wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:40 am You mean "save the Canadian airline industry".

Agree 💯, airlines have had it good for a very long time. GA,
Rotary, corporate, management, and MRO’s know well the feast and famine since the beginning, think of the changes in the last 10 years in the aforementioned! Survival of the fittest, there is a Darwinism to the entire industry, maybe these aircraft certified for 75 seating capacity now pushing close to 150 need to figure out a better way to make profit.

twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by twa22 »

Hey, to all those that are commenting airlines deserve it, let them fail (or mimicking sentiments along those lines), do you work in the industry? Are you a pilot, flight attendant, ame, or in any other position, that your livelihood depends directly on the well being of airlines?

If you are... well then I have no idea why you'd even make such comments

If you're not, shut up and move along and stop trolling. I don't like a lot of the shit that airlines or aviation companies pull on their clients (paying pax), or their employees... there is a lot of shady shit without a doubt, but the reality is, it's the same crap everywhere else, doesn't matter what industry you work in.

I'd like to have a future in this industry, but those who don't can bugger off, it doesn't affect you so it's not your place to comment

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

Some People come out here to dish out their anonymous frustrations at the World. I come here to pass a message. Not frustrations.

The march is on. Those that want to join, 11:30 at LeBreton flats, Oct 20th. Bring your mask. Respect Social Distancing. Comply with police instructions. Follow the instructions of the organizers of the march. If possible bring a sign that asks the Government to Save Canadian Aviation.

Conspiracy people, anti maskers etc. stay clear.

Longtimer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Longtimer »

can not find any public notice of this march. Has it been published anywhere other than this forum?

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

A press release is going out tomorrow.

CBC radio in French mentioned it on Oct 14th

https://news.paxeditions.com/news/buzz/ ... ged-attend

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

Sadly, the march will likely be as effective as the one made by proponents of firearms reform that happened recently - well, it was briefly mentioned by the media that a few "nut cases" marched in Ottawa demanding machine guns for all...

This government could not care less about the opinions of groups that make up a relatively small portion of the electorate, petitions are ignored, letters/emails unanswered, parliament prorogued, etc.

Having said that, it is better to march and make your voices heard than to do nothing at all. Good luck.

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

I can’t be there.

But hope all of you the best.

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post
Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

Heliian wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:40 am You mean "save the Canadian airline industry".

💯

Rename the thread and the March if you don’t want a response. This time is the busiest I’ve ever been.

smooth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by smooth »

twa22 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:25 am Hey, to all those that are commenting airlines deserve it, let them fail (or mimicking sentiments along those lines), do you work in the industry? Are you a pilot, flight attendant, ame, or in any other position, that your livelihood depends directly on the well being of airlines?

If you're not, shut up and move along and stop trolling. I don't like a lot of the shit that airlines or aviation companies pull on their clients (paying pax), or their employees... there is a lot of shady shit without a doubt, but the reality is, it's the same crap everywhere else, doesn't matter what industry you work in.

I'd like to have a future in this industry, but those who don't can bugger off, it doesn't affect you so it's not your place to comment
100% with you! So many keyboard warriors on this forum. All they do is talk but no actions. People in aviation step out of their home and march while you losers here use your keyboard to write useless shits

smooth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by smooth »

Gilles Hudicourt wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:35 pm A press release is going out tomorrow.

CBC radio in French mentioned it on Oct 14th

https://news.paxeditions.com/news/buzz/ ... ged-attend
Thank you Gilles for organizing this event!

172_Captain
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 172_Captain »

smooth wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:52 am
twa22 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:25 am Hey, to all those that are commenting airlines deserve it, let them fail (or mimicking sentiments along those lines), do you work in the industry? Are you a pilot, flight attendant, ame, or in any other position, that your livelihood depends directly on the well being of airlines?

100% with you! So many keyboard warriors on this forum. All they do is talk but no actions. People in aviation step out of their home and march while you losers here use your keyboard to write useless shits
So those that have an opposing view point from yours are losers and keyboard warriors? And you want people to hear you and consider what you have to say valid?

And for the record, I am in aviation. Just admittedly not in a sector that is affected by this turndown. Many of my friends are however, and yet I still do not support this cause.

Return to “General Comments”