Skywest resuming new hire training

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Skywest resuming new hire training

Post by RegionalPilot »

Good news down south of the border, Skywest is resuming initial hire training for those that were affected by the march shutdown. Everyone that was hired and got a ground school date back then will be given in the next weeks a new training schedule. Everyone will be awarded the CRJ.

I’m so happy for that particular group since they quit their previous job after getting a letter of offer, and soon after got grounded or the airline cancel their employment before they even started.

This gives me hope that our airlines might be doing the same (keep dreaming buddy)... I gave my notice back in february and was planning to take 3 weeks off between my previous 703 job and Jazz and got an email 1 week prior the start of ground school that my employment was not required anymore (even had an employee number). Got f*cked on both side since my 703 employer couldn’t take me back since they hired a new guy to replace me.

Hard to be at home not knowing if they will even consider me back in a few years when the show is back on the road. I guess we’ll keep trucking until we can be flying.
---------- ADS -----------

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Skywest resuming new hire training

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Insert Negative PCR test plus 14 Day Quarantine.

Sigh.

Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cessna 180 »

Not gonna happen here. Not in the Trudeau agenda.

McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by McKinley »

RegionalPilot wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:29 pm Good news down south of the border, Skywest is resuming initial hire training for those that were affected by the march shutdown. Everyone that was hired and got a ground school date back then will be given in the next weeks a new training schedule. Everyone will be awarded the CRJ.

I’m so happy for that particular group since they quit their previous job after getting a letter of offer, and soon after got grounded or the airline cancel their employment before they even started.

This gives me hope that our airlines might be doing the same (keep dreaming buddy)... I gave my notice back in february and was planning to take 3 weeks off between my previous 703 job and Jazz and got an email 1 week prior the start of ground school that my employment was not required anymore (even had an employee number). Got f*cked on both side since my 703 employer couldn’t take me back since they hired a new guy to replace me.

Hard to be at home not knowing if they will even consider me back in a few years when the show is back on the road. I guess we’ll keep trucking until we can be flying.

It’s encouraging news for sure! Thanks for sharing.

Here’s some more: https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.bloombe ... rders-open

The US/ Australia have had factors in their favor that that our airlines do not. With this being said, our airlines also has some of the strongest balance sheets out there. ( AC)
I don’t know what’s going to happen.. I don’t have a Crystal ball and so many things are out of our control. I feel quite in the dark and feel overwhelmed by the complexity of this situation. I’m ( trying to )treat this scenario like a flight.. planning for the worst to the best of my ability and being prepared for the best to the best of my ability.

Best of luck to you... and to our colleagues. I hope we can all return to the skies..

( All of this, is of course my uneducated opinion)

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RegionalPilot »

Another one!

PSA (USA) just announced they are resuming hiring and ground schools, and are given priority to people who were in their pool before the sh!t hit the fan.

mike0121
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mike0121 »

I think the USA is going to rebound long before Canada does. They seem to be almost business as usual.

piperdriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by piperdriver »

mike0121 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:12 pm I think the USA is going to rebound long before Canada does. They seem to be almost business as usual.
Their citizens don’t watch CBC news.

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

mike0121 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:12 pm I think the USA is going to rebound long before Canada does. They seem to be almost business as usual.
Business as usual, closing in on half a million dead people? Nice business plan you have there.

MrAviator19
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrAviator19 »

I think most of the world will rebound faster than Canada. For example, it's business as usual in India already. While the total case numbers remain the second highest in the world, the number of hospitalizations have reduced drastically and the recovery rate jumped to over 95%. The latter two figures have been hammered into people's minds by the media there while places like Canada still cry about what a shit storm we're headed towards. Under 15,000 average cases daily in a country of a billion people - where are the "experts" who said it will be the worst affected country at the start of the pandemic? Numbers don't lie. It's all about perspective at the end of the day. Sadly, we have none in this country given the piece of turd that's in charge. Who says you can't run the economy alongside the pandemic? The Indians are proving otherwise.

MrA

Stinky
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Stinky »

Frontier is opening their application window.

Spirit poolies told to expect late summer/early fall groundschool.

homesick
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by homesick »

piperdriver wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:34 am
Their citizens don’t watch CBC news.
Amen to that. It’s all doom and gloom every evening. Over the course of the pandemic I’ve seen absolutely nothing positive (no pun intended) out of that news channel. I’m starting to tune them out now. I’m sure others have a long time ago.
According them and their experts the only solution is to shut everything down and curl up under the covers till they say so.

Somewhere between the US ops normal and we’re all gonna die CBC lies the sweet spot of safety vs. Get the hell on with life.

Sorry for the threadcreep.

Screw you hippies!!!!
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I don’t watch the major news channels anymore. Usually just the 6pm local news. It’s too much now: 24/7 Covid. Fear drives up their ratings and if people get told something, whether true or not they will eventually believe it.

Let’s Go Brandon
EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

Sorry to post the equivalent to a "hot poker up your ass".. but ..thanks to Trudeau, trying to make a deal with the Chinese (from Dec-April), all the while the rest of the world were securing orders of approved vaccines thus putting us as a Country at the BACK OF THE LINE IN ORDERING VACCINES! Now we are running out of vaccine, just when we should be ramping up inoculations! Trudeau had one job, and he failed..AGAIN, and now people will die from his failure and you will continue to be out of a flying job! At this rate, it will be 2034 before everyone in Canada is vaccinated! :smt011
[url][/https://financialpost.com/diane-francis ... h-in-china]

Keep the dirty side down.
RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RegionalPilot »

And now Spirit, with 24 pilots per month starting in march.

Thanks Justin...

sjatana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by sjatana »

Hang in there folks. We'll be out of the deep end.

Return to “General Comments”