Parallel Aviation

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

ave8or14
Rank 1
Rank 1

Parallel Aviation

Post by ave8or14 »

Has anyone had any experience with these guys? Are they any good? I looked on thier website and it looks like alot of interesting trianing. Any opinions ? Im interested in the Victoria location. Also does anyone know if they do Multi IFR ?

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Jude
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Jude »

I'm not sure, but i know pp who train there that they said they feel that all they want is your money..and don't really care about the traning...i mean u still get ur liscece.and all...anyways ..i'm sure its not that bad....but i think there is better...u can do IFR with Pro in Victoria and Victoria Flying club...

cessnafloatflyer
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cessnafloatflyer »

Check out the flying club and Ocean Air for floats http://www.flyvfc.com http://www.oceanair.ca

Northern Skies
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Northern Skies »

I did the second half of my commercial at parallel and loved it. Got some solid float and mountain experience that was well worth it. Campbell river is a good spot to fly out of..... lots of beautiful places near by.

I don't know why some people on here say bad things about them. My experience was good times all around.

Cheers!

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

I have had a couple bad experiences with them. Mostly related to the owner not being honest with instructors and then unhappy instructors not caring. This was a long time ago so take it for what it's worth.

Northern Skies
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Northern Skies »

^oh, ok. It was a pretty happy family when I was there. And a far cry from some of the giant puppy mills around the country. If you had a bad time, i'm sorry to hear that.

zero
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by zero »

No complaints here either. I did all my training with them which included 50hrs on floats within my CPL, float and wheeled aircraft were all well maintained and the instructors were top notch. Owners were always accomodating and helpful as I was working full time while doing my CPL. I am indebted to them for giving me a start in the industry, especially during the tough period shortly after 9/11, and helping me get started flying floats commercially which is almost impossible these days as many can attest. Not too many schools these days will take the time or make the effort to help someone out like they do. I still keep in touch and know that things have only got better but don't believe they have MIFR training yet but it may be on the horizon...give them a call and find out.

PM me if you want more info.

Airtids
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Airtids »

Juan Air, commercial, multi IFR (IMC!), and a shot at a job when finished. Easy choice.

Aviation- the hardest way possible to make an easy living!
"You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it into peace!" Michael Franti- Spearhead
"Trust everyone, but cut the cards". My Grandma.
privateer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by privateer »

I've had to retrain alot of the cadets that came back from campbell river over the summer. They told me some pretty stupid things. Like they can't land at a field with less than 4000ft rwy??? Just like u said, get the licence done quick and dirty!

c_172pilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by c_172pilot »

Hey, I did my training through the cadets and yes it was "quick and dirty" when you have 5 weeks to go from zero to hero it has got to be that way. I spent 5 weeks doing my 50 hour seaplane course with tom and never felt rushed or that he was after just my money. As far as having to retrain the cadets after, yes if you go from flying 48 hours in 5 weeks to no flying for a month or two your skills will be a little lacking. Keep in mind as a new class 4 "ye who live in glass houses ought not throw stones."

c_172pilot
Aviation is proof, that given the will,
we have the capacity to achieve the impossible."
Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

" I spent 5 weeks doing my 50 hour seaplane course with tom and never felt rushed or that he was after just my money. "

Maybe he was happy just to be building his own float time? :roll:

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
V1 Rotate
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by V1 Rotate »

Recently licenced pilots are not getting their full licences from TC pending investigation of the DFTE that they use. The flight tests were really short.

"I have control!"
privateer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by privateer »

Hey c_172pilot

Maybe they ought to make it 8 weeks. When I did the cadets thing it was 7 weeks!

Return to “Flight Training”