Mandatory PCR Test and 3 Day Hotel Quarantine

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Mandatory PCR Test and 3 Day Hotel Quarantine

Post by Rockie »

whipline wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:17 pm How old are you Rockie?
Old enough. Most people here would consider me old.
whipline wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:17 pm Clearly from your posts your terrified of Covid.
Bullshit. People who act to prevent the spread are trying to keep other people from getting it. People who are concerned about getting it themselves don't go anywhere, but very few people are "terrified". I go places and I'm careful so nobody else will get it from me if I end up being infected. It's the way it works and you've only been told that 1 million times by 1 million people. You must be a very slow learner to still not get that.
whipline wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:17 pm Is it my responsibility to keep you safe?
Yes it is. Just as it's my responsibility to keep you safe. Again...1 million times.
whipline wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:17 pm I don’t care.
Clearly.
---------- ADS -----------

Longtimer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Longtimer »

And if you are caught with presenting fake test results.....
Transport Canada fines two individuals for presenting falsified COVID-19 test results

News release
February 18, 2021 Ottawa Transport Canada

The Government of Canada continues to implement a multi-layered framework of measures to protect Canadians from COVID-19, and help prevent air travel from being a source for the spread of the virus. Pre-departure testing of air travellers is a key component of the Government of Canada’s efforts to protect the health and safety of Canadians.

Following a comprehensive investigation, Transport Canada has issued fines to two individual passengers for $10,000 and $7,000 respectively, for presenting a false or misleading COVID-19 test and for making a false declaration about their health status. In both cases, the individuals knowingly boarded a flight to Canada from Mexico on January 23, 2021, after having tested positive for COVID-19 only a few days before their flight.

Under Interim Order Respecting Certain Requirements for Civil Aviation Due to COVID-19, travellers must obtain a negative result on a COVID-19 molecular test within 72 hours of boarding any flight inbound to Canada or a proof of a positive test result within at least 14 days and no more than 90 days prior to arrival, and present the results to the air crew prior to boarding their flight. Passengers are also prohibited from knowingly providing false or misleading COVID-19 test documentation. Any passenger failing to comply with the Interim Order could be subject to fines of up to $5,000 per violation.

Since the outbreak of COVID-19, the Government of Canada, public health authorities, and the Canadian aviation industry – including operators, airports and labour groups – have worked collaboratively to implement measures to reduce the spread of the virus and protect the travelling public.

The Government of Canada continues to strongly advise against non-essential travel outside of Canada. Transport Canada will continue to investigate incidents reported to the department and will not hesitate to take enforcement action where it is warranted.
Quick facts
Air carriers who have reason to believe that a passenger has provided a document that is likely to be false or misleading must report the incident to Transport Canada.

During the entry screening process of travellers arriving by air in Canada, the test documentation is further assessed by Canada Border Services Agency and Public Health Agency of Canada officers. Should it be determined that the document is likely false or misleading, the matter is referred to Transport Canada for investigation under the Aeronautics Act.

Associated links
COVID-19 measures, updates, and guidance issued by Transport Canada
Contacts
Media Relations
Transport Canada, Ottawa
media@tc.gc.ca
613-993-0055

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Canada now ranks 42nd globally for covid vaccination 😂. Looks like we have a little while longer for hotel quarantine.

Israel is claiming a 92 percent drop in symptomatic cases with the vaccine roll out. They are now preparing for the return to normal. Those who don't have vaccine will have a limited ability to access certain leisure activities.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Rockie wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:09 pm
Just as it's my responsibility to keep you safe.
No way. You are responsible for you. And there's an easy solution-Stay home if you think you're vulnerable. Canadians have a 0.056% chance of dying from COVID. Millions are losing their entire livelihoods for what amounts to a few outliers. If the outliers stay at home, we can live as normal. Why do you insist on hurting the lives of millions of people?

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

FOD wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:29 am Canada is going around begging anyone that will take pitty to donate some vaccine. India, Canada‘s savior. How‘s that Canadian arrogance working out for you. Gropey McBlackface and his Kabal will be re-elected by the half-wits that remain in Canada. Good luck with that. It’s working out great so far. Canada‘s arrogance is astounding. Best park it. A little humility goes a long way, especially when you‘re traveling the world begging for help.
FOD
6 million doses by the end of March, so the plan seems to be working out pretty well.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

CpnCrunch wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:12 am 6 million doses by the end of March, so the plan seems to be working out pretty well.
Injected, then what next? Back to normal? Not so fast. The language they use is conditional, vague, and indefinite. They are saying right here that they have no idea what the injection will do or what effect it will have. They only know that masks, distancing, and travel restrictions are here to stay.

For those of you that maintain some kind of hope, here it is straight from the horse itself:
For how long we need to continue those those interventions? Time is going to tell. Once we get broad vaccination coverage in the community, when we know more about what the vaccine can actually do to prevent infection, and we can slowly start taking our foot off the pedal of these other interventions and make sure that the transmission, again, doesn't start to escalate again.
The writing on the wall says that this means years.
So, we really need to continue these precautions while we're still learning about what the vaccines can do. Can they protect against getting infected and transmitting to someone else?
That's probably something you want to know before shooting your body full of genetic experimental fluid, I digress.

There you have it. The experts don't know (or won't say) the fundamental properties of the injection. They are only sure that you must restrict your own behaviour, and that you must do it for a long, indefinite period.

I think by now it's safe to assume that the travel restrictions will be harsh and lengthy. A return to the skies is not happening for many.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease ... 9xEALw_wcB

piperdriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by piperdriver »

From an article I read, too lazy to post the link:

“U.S. President Joe Biden said Tuesday the U.S. will aim to vaccinate every adult in the nation by the end of May, two months earlier than previously expected.”

No matter your political view, you have to admit the US rollout of the Covid vaccine has been absolutely amazing. Not a small endeavour to vaccinate 330 million people. So well done.

Also I thought I might mention:
The state of Texas ended restrictions on masks, capacity limits, social distancing etc. today as well.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

piperdriver wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:08 pm From an article I read, too lazy to post the link:

“U.S. President Joe Biden said Tuesday the U.S. will aim to vaccinate every adult in the nation by the end of May, two months earlier than previously expected.”

No matter your political view, you have to admit the US rollout of the Covid vaccine has been absolutely amazing. Not a small endeavour to vaccinate 330 million people. So well done.

Also I thought I might mention:
The state of Texas ended restrictions on masks, capacity limits, social distancing etc. today as well.
The south has been comparatively busier even during the tighter restrictions. Texas has been humming along pretty well airline-wise. Good flight loads. This good news should increase HOU, IAH, and DFW hub flying.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Mississippi has gone back to normal as well. No restrictions. Good to hear. According to a relative Florida is largely back at normal too.

Let’s Go Brandon
2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

https://vimeo.com/490351508

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure .
It would be interesting to know if ivermectin affects your aviation medical ?

https://covid19criticalcare.com/

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

2R wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:57 am https://vimeo.com/490351508

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure .
It would be interesting to know if ivermectin affects your aviation medical ?

https://covid19criticalcare.com/
Here’s one against ivermectin

https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/as ... review.pdf

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

The most interesting debates are always when both sides are right . Even better entertainment than when both sides are wrong .
Just remains to see which group of Doctors is more right . They both have enough weasels words included to avoid looking like total ninnies .
Filtering out the weasel words and look at the hard numbers presented in the discussions before Congress and some of the IVM protocols do offer some merit and would suggest the protocols merit a second look at the data provided to Congress .

https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_2CY ... eDPZOpzKyQ
Webinar : Mar 3 7 pm might be interesting to see .

Last edited by 2R on Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Raincoast
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Raincoast »

piperdriver wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:08 pm From an article I read, too lazy to post the link:

I have a friend who works at a medical clinic within about a 15 minute drive of the border. I'm seriously thinking about a drive down there at the end of May to get my vaccine shot, as I simply can't be bothered any longer with the Federal/Provincial clownshow up here..

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Inverted2 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:47 am Mississippi has gone back to normal as well. No restrictions. Good to hear. According to a relative Florida is largely back at normal too.
A lot of our FL flying was capacity/oversold in the last couple of months. Even had a few jumpseaters (which I never refuse BTW). It's nice flying a normal approach speed near MLDW.

garfield
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by garfield »

No mandatory masks and everything open in FL since october. They have more deaths per capita than here but not so much.

flymore
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flymore »

Last edited by flymore on Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
avcanada
Rank Admin
Rank Admin

Post by avcanada »

flymore wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:54 pm covid facts every canadian should know (but most don't) - mar 01 2021.pdf.
flymore that is actually a very interesting read thank you for sharing.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

flymore wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:54 pm covid facts every canadian should know (but most don't) - mar 01 2021.pdf.
Is anything new in here than hasn’t been discussed already?

I think most people know these facts but for some reason their heads are to big to call an end to the pandemic. What pandemic? Idiots living in feardemic?

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Just checking in on this thread and seeing how the strict measures are going.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ford-warns-o ... -1.5367736

Awesome.

I think Ford is beginning to go for that Boris Johnson look. Something about bad hair and the bait-and-switch politics. Kinda like movie characters. Hmm.

Return to “Covid”