FSS FIC Pay Rates

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

FSS FIC Pay Rates

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

Hi, I was just curious about something in regards to the FSS CBA and how FSS are paid vs controllers. I know that ATC's are paid ATC-0 and upwards based on the tower classification, and if I understand it correctly, I believe all IFR are ATC-7.

For FSS, I'm under the assumption that they operate in the same fashion (the location and complexity determines the pay level), but I'm most curious about the FIC's specifically: are they all paid the same level in the same way that all IFR are paid the same level? I see that the CBA has pay-scales for FSS-A, FSS-B as well as FSS-1, FSS-2, etc. What is the pay classification level for the FIC's?

Thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: FSS FIC Pay Rates

Post by Braun »

IFR controllers are ATC-6 as well as the 4 major control towers.

ATC-7 is for supervisors.

atcguy98
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by atcguy98 »

Just curious, is this public information or insider info? I know NavCanada lists the pay range on their website for FSS and ATC but not to this detail with the various levels.

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

I’m pretty sure the CATCA collective agreement is fairly easy to find online. If it’s outdated you’ll get a good idea. Our latest contract is from 2019-2023. 3% per year.

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

atcguy98 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:54 am Just curious, is this public information or insider info? I know NavCanada lists the pay range on their website for FSS and ATC but not to this detail with the various levels.
Any collective agreement (at least those working within a federal jurisdiction) can be found on the Government of Canada Labour website at http://negotech.labour.gc.ca/cgi-bin/Re ... ture=en-CA

All of the NavCanada CBA's are on there, even for maintenance personnel and the NavCanada flight-check pilots and AIM department. The current CBA for both ATC and FSS isn't up on the NEGOTECH website yet, but as Braun said, you can read the previous one and just add the 3% to the payscale.

You are correct however in that the CBA does not show what each classification each unit has.
Braun wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:15 am IFR controllers are ATC-6 as well as the 4 major control towers.

Thanks for the response Braun, but I'm interested in the FIC specific pay scales. I have the ATSAC CBA but I just don't know what the FIC pay-level is. If someone from the ATSAC side could chime in or PM me, it would be appreciated.

kashep
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kashep »

1, 2, 3 is years of service, you move up one step on the anniversary of your checkout.

I believe the FICs are considered D level sites, supervisors would be E level.

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

DHC-1 Jockey wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:41 am
atcguy98 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:54 am Just curious, is this public information or insider info? I know NavCanada lists the pay range on their website for FSS and ATC but not to this detail with the various levels.
Any collective agreement (at least those working within a federal jurisdiction) can be found on the Government of Canada Labour website at http://negotech.labour.gc.ca/cgi-bin/Re ... ture=en-CA

All of the NavCanada CBA's are on there, even for maintenance personnel and the NavCanada flight-check pilots and AIM department. The current CBA for both ATC and FSS isn't up on the NEGOTECH website yet, but as Braun said, you can read the previous one and just add the 3% to the payscale.

You are correct however in that the CBA does not show what each classification each unit has.
Braun wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:15 am IFR controllers are ATC-6 as well as the 4 major control towers.

Thanks for the response Braun, but I'm interested in the FIC specific pay scales. I have the ATSAC CBA but I just don't know what the FIC pay-level is. If someone from the ATSAC side could chime in or PM me, it would be appreciated.
Yeah, no worries, I got that. Was just clarifying to the ACC/IFR part. I have no idea what the FSS/FIC pay rates are. Sorry.

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

kashep wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:55 am 1, 2, 3 is years of service, you move up one step on the anniversary of your checkout.

I believe the FICs are considered D level sites, supervisors would be E level.
Thanks for the info, Kashep.

thenoflyzone
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thenoflyzone »

I noticed there is an FSS-ATS-G and H scales of pay as well. Who is that for?

Return to “ATS Question Forum”