Post A Reply not working in Chrome

Having difficulties with AvCanada Forums, the internet etc.. ask your questions here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

broken_slinky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post A Reply not working in Chrome

Post by broken_slinky »

In Chrome, when I click "Post Reply" in any post, I get the POST A REPLY window but below the bold, italic, underline, quote buttons I get a grey area. I don't see the usual white box that you can type your response/message in. Then below that I see the Save draft, Preview and Submit buttons.
Looking at the bottom of the forums, I have permission to post new, reply, edit, delete and post attachments to those forums.
Works no problem in Edge but not Chrome. Googled phpBB Post a Reply issues with Chrome and not coming up with a lot of useful solutions.
---------- ADS -----------

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Post A Reply not working in Chrome

Post by imjustlurking »

Turn off adblock and try again.

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

I have adblocking on and it works fine.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

AirFrame wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:45 am I have adblocking on and it works fine.
I ate a peanut butter sandwich and did not have an allergic reaction.

My point being, just because you are not experiencing an issue with a setup does not mean that the setup cannot create issues.

broken_slinky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broken_slinky »

I turned off uBlock and tried to post. Closed all the Chrome tabs and jumped back onto AvCanada and tried to post again. Closed Chrome and tried again. Restarted Windows and tried again. No joy. Can still post through Edge with or without ad blockers. Maybe I need to reset Chrome to defaults and start fresh?

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

broken_slinky wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:05 am I turned off uBlock and tried to post. Closed all the Chrome tabs and jumped back onto AvCanada and tried to post again. Closed Chrome and tried again. Restarted Windows and tried again. No joy. Can still post through Edge with or without ad blockers. Maybe I need to reset Chrome to defaults and start fresh?
It's a sign from the computer gods... you are a Microsoft :bear: now

broken_slinky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broken_slinky »

imjustlurking wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:00 am It's a sign from the computer gods... you are a Microsoft :bear: now
And hopefully the 5G laced vaccine kicks in soon. I'd really like to get better cell reception. 2 bars is complete horse manure.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

broken_slinky wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:57 am
imjustlurking wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:00 am It's a sign from the computer gods... you are a Microsoft :bear: now
And hopefully the 5G laced vaccine kicks in soon. I'd really like to get better cell reception. 2 bars is complete horse manure.
My internet has been pretty spotty since I got the second dose...

Return to “Internet and Computer Help”