ARE WE LOSING THE RIGHT TO PROTEST?

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
godsrcrazy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: ARE WE LOSING THE RIGHT TO PROTEST?

Post by godsrcrazy »

You only have the right to protest and block supply chains if you aboriginal. I think the proof is in the pudding 1 year ago.
---------- ADS -----------

broken_slinky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broken_slinky »

pelmet wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:44 am Actually, as time goes by, I am more and more hoping for arrests to clear them out.
I'm all for peaceful protests but I'm starting to fall into that camp. When you hear stories of the protestors demanding food from places like the Shepherds of Good Hope food/homeless shelter then throwing out a bunch of racial slurs directed at the security guard who's just trying to defuse the situation, it's time to start making arrests and towing vehicles.
Wonder how much of that "freedom convoy" gofundme money will be donated to the shelter?
Conveniently Trudeau has been hiding away from Ottawa for the last week with possible COVID exposure and just announced today he tested positive.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

broken_slinky wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:35 am
pelmet wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:44 am Actually, as time goes by, I am more and more hoping for arrests to clear them out.
I'm all for peaceful protests but I'm starting to fall into that camp. When you hear stories of the protestors demanding food from places like the Shepherds of Good Hope food/homeless shelter then throwing out a bunch of racial slurs directed at the security guard who's just trying to defuse the situation, it's time to start making arrests and towing vehicles.
Probably media exaggeration. My problem is with blocking streets and highways.

broken_slinky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broken_slinky »

pelmet wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:06 am
From the Shepherd's own facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/sghottawa/phot ... 241670564/
Think they're just making it up?

broken_slinky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broken_slinky »

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

There are tens of thousands of people there and in those people there are those who are not there for the stated cause/goals but are there to agitate and cause disruption and create negative press to undermine the larger goals.

They pick places/moments and are aided by far left politicians from local level career bureaucrats like Councillor Catherine "Words are Violence" McKenney, right up to PM Justin "Racists and Misogynists" Trudeau, barking through their compliant media to highlight these isolated occurrences.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

broken_slinky wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:23 am
pelmet wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:06 am

From the Shepherd's own facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/sghottawa/phot ... 241670564/
Think they're just making it up?
Once again, my main issue is the blocking of streets and highways. Go home and back to work.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Guess this question has been asked and answered today.

What IS a legal protest now anyway, as the PM on one hand has spoken his intention to arrest everyone in Ottawa (implied), on the other “this will not prevent the protected right to protest”.

Where?

My own backyard, if it doesn’t bother my neighbors?

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

Section 2(c) guarantees the right to peaceful assembly; it does not protect riots and gatherings that seriously disturb the peace: R. v. Lecompte, [2000] J.Q. No. 2452 (Que. C.A.). It has been stated that the right to freedom of assembly, along with freedom of expression, does not include the right to physically impede or blockade lawful activities: Guelph (City) v. Soltys, [2009] O.J. No. 3369 (Ont. Sup. Ct. Jus), at paragraph 26.

https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/csj-sjc/r ... art2c.html

88gtst
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 88gtst »

Wonder how much of that "freedom convoy" gofundme money will be donated to the shelter?
Conveniently Trudeau has been hiding away from Ottawa for the last week with possible COVID exposure and just announced today he tested positive.
Sounds like you've been watching too much CBC.

88gtst
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 88gtst »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:45 pm Guess this question has been asked and answered today.

What IS a legal protest now anyway, as the PM on one hand has spoken his intention to arrest everyone in Ottawa (implied), on the other “this will not prevent the protected right to protest”.

Where?

Yeah so next time Extinction Rebellion blocks Cambie or the Lions Gate, should we call it an insurrection?

Or is that kind of blockade ok because it's a subject our tyrant PM supports?

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

88gtst wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:54 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:45 pm Guess this question has been asked and answered today.

Where?

Yeah so next time Extinction Rebellion blocks Cambie or the Lions Gate, should we call it an insurrection?

Or is that kind of blockade ok because it's a subject our tyrant PM supports?

Hmm… seems like mass arrests within the first day for every one of them.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timelin ... on_actions

Doesn’t really help your case that these truckers are somehow being unreasonably repressed.

Typical conservative whining. Love to dish it out but can’t take what is in comparison a two-week homecoming party and ticker tape parade in Ottawa.

And I suppose that is Trudeau’s fault. He should have been heavier handed to start. Now they are Sen Brazeau in the final round.. realizing that they are going to lose to someone who they thought was going to be a pushover.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Anyone else seeing the similarity between the leader of the First Order (top) and our Prime Minister (below)?
Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 11.23.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 11.23.26 PM.png (758.97 KiB) Viewed 1436 times
Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 11.22.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 11.22.36 PM.png (1.9 MiB) Viewed 1436 times
Just me then. OK. Carry on.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
godsrcrazy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by godsrcrazy »

Let me start out by stating I am not an antivaxxer. I am fully vaccinated including booster and will be in line to get my fourth shot when available. I did this by believing I was protecting my grandkids and others that could not vaccinate. Now the only person I am doing this for is myself. We were all told vaccinate to stop the spread of Covid as I and over 65% of Canadians have done. I think it has been proven vaccination does not stop anyone from getting Covid our passing it on as the government assured us it would do. It only stops you from getting extremely sick.

Now to get back on topic. I believe we have not just lost our right to protest we have now lost our “Voice”. People have been speaking out for months about let’s get back to life. The Trudeau government has refused to listen. They continue to set goal posts and as well as rues then move them when we get to the goal line. They give us false information like saying in January their projections are showing within 2 weeks Canada will have 200,000 plus cases per day. That never happened. This is nothing but a scare tactic. How many times have we heard about their projections and they never got close to as bad as they said it would be.

Unfortunately, in every protest there will be bad apples. Most of the people out raising havoc have nothing to do with the Trucking industry. They aren’t even there to fight to relax restrictions. They are there for one thing and that is to raise havoc. I don’t agree with everything the Truckers have done. However, I do not hold anything against them. They have stood up for what they and probably over 50% of Canadians agree with. Thank God they have the backbone to stand up.

I believe this whole pandemic has taught the Government’s that we they speak their citizens will listen. If they do not, then we will punish them. Trudeau invoking the emergency measures act is proof. I believe we are going backwards. In other words, we have lost our Voice and freedom. Enough said.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

godsrcrazy wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:54 am Let me start out by stating I am not an antivaxxer. I am fully vaccinated including booster and will be in line to get my fourth shot when available. I did this by believing I was protecting my grandkids and others that could not vaccinate. Now the only person I am doing this for is myself. We were all told vaccinate to stop the spread of Covid as I and over 65% of Canadians have done. I think it has been proven vaccination does not stop anyone from getting Covid our passing it on as the government assured us it would do. It only stops you from getting extremely sick.

Now to get back on topic. I believe we have not just lost our right to protest we have now lost our “Voice”. People have been speaking out for months about let’s get back to life. The Trudeau government has refused to listen. They continue to set goal posts and as well as rues then move them when we get to the goal line. They give us false information like saying in January their projections are showing within 2 weeks Canada will have 200,000 plus cases per day. That never happened. This is nothing but a scare tactic. How many times have we heard about their projections and they never got close to as bad as they said it would be.

Unfortunately, in every protest there will be bad apples. Most of the people out raising havoc have nothing to do with the Trucking industry. They aren’t even there to fight to relax restrictions. They are there for one thing and that is to raise havoc. I don’t agree with everything the Truckers have done. However, I do not hold anything against them. They have stood up for what they and probably over 50% of Canadians agree with. Thank God they have the backbone to stand up.

I believe this whole pandemic has taught the Government’s that we they speak their citizens will listen. If they do not, then we will punish them. Trudeau invoking the emergency measures act is proof. I believe we are going backwards. In other words, we have lost our Voice and freedom. Enough said.
Well said. Agree on all counts/

And when ANYONE has questioned the Government's inconsistent plans and communication, instead of engaging, the government has smeared them all with the same dirty brush. That is my issue, and I think a ton of Canadians have had quite enough of JT's immature mud slinging.

The Government's communication has been piss poor throughout this whole thing. Then when people say they are confused and questioning, they say sit down, STFU and do what we tell you. THAT sparked this whole thing, which then gives a home for the crazies to latch on.

Trudeau needs to own his failures. He thinks he's too good to have to explain himself to the deplorable's beneath him. Piss poor leadership!

broken_slinky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broken_slinky »

88gtst wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:53 pm
So again, you think the Shepherds of Good Hope are just making this stuff up?
From the Shepherd's own facebook page:
Shepherd.jpg
Shepherd.jpg (455.2 KiB) Viewed 1335 times

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

That’s complete BS. When I was in Ottawa the protesters had more food than the soup kitchens. BBQs everywhere. Pizzas, coffee etc etc. Lots of the homeless were given food by the protesters. That place is just towing the narrative for Trudeausescu.

Let’s Go Brandon
88gtst
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 88gtst »

broken_slinky wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:13 am
88gtst wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:53 pm

So again, you think the Shepherds of Good Hope are just making this stuff up?
From the Shepherd's own facebook page:
Shepherd.jpg
Honestly? Maybe. After all the outcry, they did make out quite handsomely with donations.

Or, maybe if they aren't.. who's to say it wasn't some assholes who wanted to make the convoy look bad? The Nazi flag idiot was seen staying at Chateau Laurier. Clearly a hotel average blue collar truck drivers would stay at (not).

The media has latched on to 2-3 minor issues, some of which aren't even proven to be convoy protestors. The confederate flag guy was in a full face covering, just to make sure no one could see who he is. Convenient, isn't it?

If they were people part of the convoy they should be vilified for their actions. But quite literally hundreds of thousands of people have come out in support of this protest, either in Ottawa or on hundreds of overpasses along the way. Including myself, a vaccinated pilot against mandates. To quote Pierre Poliviere, "Just because Trudeau wears black face, doesn't mean all Liberals are racists"...

Use some critical thinking skills, and stop buying into all the media rhetoric and gaslighting.

Return to “Covid”