Best guess when hiring will happen

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Best guess when hiring will happen

Post by RegionalPilot »

itaserb wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:13 pm Once they start hiring again, will they consider guys with ATPL but with little Multi time? Flying mostly single turbines. Pre-COVID they had 100 hours multi requirement not sure how strictly they followed it.
They considered back then time in a PC12 as the “equivalent” of multi time (like a king air).

You also need to consider the sim eval will be done in a high performance multi turbine sim, and you will have to perform an engine failure followed by an approach on one engine. If it’s something you haven’t done in a while, it might show a bit, especially since you will be competing against a lot of folks with experience.
---------- ADS -----------

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Outlaw58 »

Re: Best guess when hiring will happen?

NOW!
https://aviationcareers.ca/careersectio ... 2FNew_York

JoeyBarton
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by JoeyBarton »

rudder wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:42 pm
RegionalPilot wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:30 am
As I was saying earlier, I spend quite some time researching on Google Flights what I call barometer routes and I tried to compare with 2019 and also short term availability in January and February.

YYZ - PHL - 5 flights daily in June
YYC - YUL - 5 flights daily in June
YVR - LAX - 6 flights daily in June
YYZ - YHZ - 10 flights daily in Jun
YYZ - YVR - Close to 20 flights daily in June

All those numbers are about double of what we have currently in January and February. I know the current schedule is a winter schedule, my point is there is A LOT of flying in the upcoming summer months.
There are a lot of flights that have been ‘planned’ by marketing and subsequently cancelled by commercial. Not saying that will repeat itself summer 2022 but this year has not thus far panned out even remotely how the CDN airlines thought it would.

Hopefully NFLD will take down their steel curtain. And optimistically the summer domestic schedule may reflect capacity volume approaching a non-COVID environment. Transborder will still be diminished vs summer 2019 and even against the original 2022 recovery plan. International will remain a challenge, and impediments to unfettered movement will remain unless we elect a new Federal government. Testing and quarantine are not stimulants to travel. And if course, many jurisdictions will maintain even tighter entry restrictions than Canada.

We should be happy that most surplus pilots will be back on payroll. Expectations about hiring need to be tempered.
Well it seems now that expectations about hiring should not be tempered!

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

JoeyBarton wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:01 am
Jazz is starting a process. Open the application window. Sort applications. Rank applicants. Schedule interviews. Medicals. Create a pool of fully vetted potential new-hire candidates.

It still adds up to hiring likely commencing no sooner than September. Good news. But opening the application portal will not translate in to April hiring.

JoeyBarton
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by JoeyBarton »

rudder wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:15 am
Jazz is starting a process. Open the application window. Sort applications. Rank applicants. Schedule interviews. Medicals. Create a pool of fully vetted potential new-hire candidates.

It still adds up to hiring likely commencing no sooner than September. Good news. But opening the application portal will not translate in to April hiring.
For sure but still better than anticipated...

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

JoeyBarton wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:28 am
rudder wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:15 am

For sure but still better than anticipated...
Single most significant barometer of Jazz hiring volume will be AC hiring volume.

That is the million dollar question.

Karlo Wagstaffe
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Karlo Wagstaffe »

Hello,

Great to hear that Jazz is starting to Hire again!

I’ve applied to the Jazz Pilot Pathways Program (2020 graduate) and have not heard anything back yet, not sure if anyone else knows if this means they will be processing applications for the Pathways program now too? Would hope so!

Sincerely,
Karlo Wagstaffe

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”