Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

ALPApolicy
Rank 6
Rank 6

AAL Pilot w/ Let’s Go Brandon Sticker

Post by ALPApolicy »

link

I think you have to be very careful with what you have on your flight bag. A little under three years ago I was commuting home and I took my laptop out of my flight bag and wasn't careful enough to hide the laptop lid which had two Trump 2020 bumper stickers on them. A in the aisle
seat across from me saw it and WENT OFF! She was from the US and said everything you would think a middle aged woman would say about Trump AND that she was never flying with my company again (I was in uniform) because you know, according to "progressive" logic, if ONE employee
of a company has a different political opinion than you do, you obviously can't be a customer of that company.

I emailed my boss right away. I still have my job but it taught me a valuable lesson that middle aged women are dangerous. (Bullshit! I learned nothing. Within a year I got engaged to a middle aged woman. She later had me charged with assault, AND we got married in her apartment because she was under house arrest as a result of a criminal code conviction for a Fraud charge. Now I know for sure: middle aged women are dangerous!)

link
---------- ADS -----------

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: AAL Pilot w/ Let’s Go Brandon Sticker

Post by flyingcanuck »

Your crazy life aside I don't get why people mix their jobs and politics. It's like the "thin blue line" rhetoric with the police to the south, just stupid.

Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cessna 180 »

flyingcanuck wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:28 am Your crazy life aside I don't get why people mix their jobs and politics. It's like the "thin blue line" rhetoric with the police to the south, just stupid.
Lots of cops wear some sort of thin blue line flag here too.
1364.fit_800,600.jpg
1364.fit_800,600.jpg (141.94 KiB) Viewed 5311 times
https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/montreal-po ... -1.5400203

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

The goal for a uniform is to make you recognizable as an employee from a certain company or a certain public service. You are 'the cop' or 'the pilot'. Its primary function is to make you recognizable and to take away your individuality. Nobody cares about your personal ideas, you represent the values of your employer. Putting political slogans on your uniform or uniform items (company luggage) should not even be considered, unless provided by your employer.

If it was his own personal luggage, which seems unlikely, then I guess you could defend it a little bit. But really, why do you feel the need to shove your political views in everyone's face.

Last edited by digits_ on Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
ALPApolicy
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ALPApolicy »

digits_ wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:48 amIf it was his own personal luggage, which seems unlikely, then I guess you could defend it a little bit. But really, why do you feel the need to shove your political views in everyone's face.
I agree. I also feel the same about religious insignia at work. Or sexual orientation. Why do others need to know where you like to put your p_nis? I'm not gay, but perhaps I enjoy placing my p_nis in a woman's a_us. I just don't advertise it (if I liked that sort of thing, that is).

Our company has a mental health campaign ongoing in which everyone is encouraged to be their "authentic self". I am an authentic Trump supporter. How should I be more authentically Trump supporting?

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

ALPApolicy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:50 pm
digits_ wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:48 amIf it was his own personal luggage, which seems unlikely, then I guess you could defend it a little bit. But really, why do you feel the need to shove your political views in everyone's face.
I agree. I also feel the same about religious insignia at work. Or sexual orientation. Why do others need to know where you like to put your p_nis? I'm not gay, but perhaps I enjoy placing my p_nis in a woman's a_us. I just don't advertise it (if I liked that sort of thing, that is).

Our company has a mental health campaign ongoing in which everyone is encouraged to be their "authentic self". I am an authentic Trump supporter. How should I be more authentically Trump supporting?
How can you be an "authentic Trump supporter" in one thread and claim to care about discrimination based on race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, and economic status in another?

It's like saying that you are an avid Greta supporter while owning a Hummer.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

imjustlurking wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:47 am

How can you be an "authentic Trump supporter" in one thread and claim to care about discrimination based on race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, and economic status in another?

What did Trump say to make you think he’s anti gay? There’s lots of Biden vids on the internet from years past where he had some not very nice things to say about blacks but nobody talks about that.

Let’s Go Brandon
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

Inverted2 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:18 pm
imjustlurking wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:47 am

What did Trump say to make you think he’s anti gay? There’s lots of Biden vids on the internet from years past where he had some not very nice things to say about blacks but nobody talks about that.
https://www.lmgtfy.app/?q=trump+anti+gay

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

'97 Tercel wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:52 pm Image
Our racist prime minister is irrelevant to the conversation.

I don't see airline pilots in Canada with stickers on their bags that say "Good bye Trudy!"

Mach1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Mach1 »

imjustlurking wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:40 pm I don't see airline pilots in Canada with stickers on their bags that say "Good bye Trudy!"

I'm going to knock this up a notch with my spice weasle. Bam!
YYJ_Jeff
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by YYJ_Jeff »

Our company has a mental health campaign ongoing in which everyone is encouraged to be their "authentic self". I am an authentic Trump supporter. How should I be more authentically Trump-supporting?
I think you miss the point with your example regarding sexual orientation. Anyone wearing, for example, an LGBTQ+ flag pin, etc is not advertising how they prefer to have sex. I know lots of straight allies, pilots, FA's, MX, etc that wear LGBTQ+ insignias because they support equality in their workplace. People that wear these types of items or have stickers on their flight bags, etc are not advertising anything other than equality for everyone.

Food for thought.

Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Localizer »

YYJ_Jeff wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:21 pm [quote=ALPApolicy post_id=<a href="tel:1178157">1178157</a> time=<a href="tel:1641847849">1641847849</a> user_id=72870]
[quote=digits_ post_id=<a href="tel:1178140">1178140</a> time=<a href="tel:1641840515">1641840515</a> user_id=34065]If it was his own personal luggage, which seems unlikely, then I guess you could defend it a little bit. But really, why do you feel the need to shove your political views in everyone's face.

Our company has a mental health campaign ongoing in which everyone is encouraged to be their "authentic self". I am an authentic Trump supporter. How should I be more authentically Trump-supporting?
[/quote]

I think you miss the point with your example regarding sexual orientation. Anyone wearing, for example, an LGBTQ+ flag pin, etc is not advertising how they prefer to have sex. I know lots of straight allies, pilots, FA's, MX, etc that wear LGBTQ+ insignias because they support equality in their workplace. People that wear these types of items or have stickers on their flight bags, etc are not advertising anything other than equality for everyone.

Food for thought.
[/quote]

That’s the problem right there .. you see the pin as equality for all, others see it differently. In terms of the original issue, the Trump sticker, why does the women have any right to tell someone off for their political beliefs? She could have just sat quietly to herself and ignored it. Maybe we should just mind our own business, recognize that we are allowed to have our own opinions, and that we have no right to chastise other people for there’s. For some reason people have become empowered to shit on other people that don’t think the way they do, it’s totally unreasonable.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Localizer wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:40 am In terms of the original issue, the Trump sticker, why does the women have any right to tell someone off for their political beliefs? She could have just sat quietly to herself and ignored it. Maybe we should just mind our own business, recognize that we are allowed to have our own opinions, and that we have no right to chastise other people for there’s.
If you want people to mind their own business, then follow the same advice and don't put stickers or labels on your clothing or stuff.

If I put a sticker on my bag with 'Cats rule!', I shouldn't be surprised if people ask me what my favorite cat is, or that they walk up to me and show me pictures of their cat. Maybe some dog person would be upset and ask me why I prefer cats over dogs.

If you feel the need to spread your love for Trump or Hillary, then don't be surprised people will engage with you about that. Don't flaunt your opinion or political views if you don't want to be held accountable for them.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I got a Let’s Go Brandon T-shirt. People who know what it means love it. And no I would never put any political stuff on my work items. There’s a time and place for everything. Work put LGBT paraphernalia in our mailboxes a few years ago and I promptly threw it in the garbage.

Let’s Go Brandon
Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Localizer »

digits_ wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:43 pm
Localizer wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:40 am In terms of the original issue, the Trump sticker, why does the women have any right to tell someone off for their political beliefs? She could have just sat quietly to herself and ignored it. Maybe we should just mind our own business, recognize that we are allowed to have our own opinions, and that we have no right to chastise other people for there’s.
If you want people to mind their own business, then follow the same advice and don't put stickers or labels on your clothing or stuff.

If I put a sticker on my bag with 'Cats rule!', I shouldn't be surprised if people ask me what my favorite cat is, or that they walk up to me and show me pictures of their cat. Maybe some dog person would be upset and ask me why I prefer cats over dogs.

If you feel the need to spread your love for Trump or Hillary, then don't be surprised people will engage with you about that. Don't flaunt your opinion or political views if you don't want to be held accountable for them.
Isn’t there a difference between being asked about your favourite cat, versus a public berating? Would you berate someone for wearing a pride pin? Doubt it .. would you berate someone wearing a BLM shirt? Doubt it .. so why would you do it for anything else? As I said before, (which you left out when you quoted me digits) why does anyone feel they have a right to publicly berate anyone, just because they don’t agree?

We are losing our way as a society .. if we can still call it that.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Localizer wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:04 pm
digits_ wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:43 pm

Isn’t there a difference between being asked about your favourite cat, versus a public berating? Would you berate someone for wearing a pride pin? Doubt it .. would you berate someone wearing a BLM shirt? Doubt it .. so why would you do it for anything else? As I said before, (which you left out when you quoted me digits) why does anyone feel they have a right to publicly berate anyone, just because they don’t agree?

We are losing our way as a society .. if we can still call it that.
I agree with the berating part, not with the 'mind your own business part', which is why I quoted that part.

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

I’m trying to figure out what I can put on my flight bag that isn’t offensive but tells everyone to leave me the @#$! alone.

Nobody wants to know your dumb beliefs.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

I like this one

BTW I have been antisocial distancing for years.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”