Medical Clearance questions

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

jiwuen
Rank 0
Rank 0

Medical Clearance questions

Post by jiwuen »

Hello. I am in clearances and have a couple questions.

I know we need a class 1 medical clearance to be hired. It is my understanding that once you are a FSO, the Department will work with you if you lose that class 1 clearance. Is this accurate, or does losing your class 1 mean you have to leave the service because you are no longer truly WWA? I don't have any issues that make me think I would lose the WWA, but this is something I have been wondering about.

After you get your initial med clearance, if you have changes (like a new medication, surgery, or are diagnosed with a condition), do you need to inform med and be re-adjudicated?
cinema hd applinked
---------- ADS -----------

bernardminor
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Medical Clearance questions

Post by bernardminor »

As I know, if you hold a security clearance and experience a change in your medical condition that could potentially impact your ability to hold a clearance, it is generally expected that you inform the appropriate authorities. This allows them to evaluate the situation and determine if any adjustments or accommodations can be made to accommodate your medical condition while still maintaining the necessary level of security.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “ATS Question Forum”