RAIC

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

AviationMama
Rank 0
Rank 0

RAIC

Post by AviationMama »

Good evening!

My son (22 years) just got a job with a Canadian airline. He’s so excited as aviation is a major interest of his.

My question is: Will getting a RAIC be an issue if his old one was revoked at 14-15 years of age?

Context: He was a member of the Airport Ambassador program at our home airport as a youth. This program had never had a teen a part of it as it was made for seniors. Many didn’t like that he was requested past security by some airlines to assist wheelchair passengers. Etc. (He also has Asperger’s) so mixed messages from airport staff and the head of the program didn’t help.

He just got offered a job as a customer services agent at another airport. Will him getting a RAIC be an issue? I’d hate for him to lose this job because of people back home. Thank you.
---------- ADS -----------

thenoflyzone
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: RAIC

Post by thenoflyzone »

I think your son will be fine.

His RAIC wasn't revoked because he did something he wasn't supposed to. That specific airport authority back then revoked his access. A RAIC is airport specific (Unless it's a Canada RAIC), and as long as he passes his background check by TC, the new airport authority (which has final say) should grant him access.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “ATS Question Forum”