Sirius XM - Canadian Metars & Tafs

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

AdrianG
Rank 0
Rank 0

Sirius XM - Canadian Metars & Tafs

Post by AdrianG »

Hi All,

I am looking to install a GDL 69A SXM onto my GTN750. I have read in one of the previous posts (2018) that the Canadian Sirius XM subscription does not provide Canadian Metars or Tafs. I only know of one person who has the same configuration but has a US subscription to get Mets and Tafs. He did however mention he inherited it when he bought the plane some 8 years ago.
Anyone with experience with this would be greatly appreciated.
(I did call Sirius XM Canada, but it appears that none of their staff were able to answer the question and eventually left me hanging :shock: :shock: )

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Sirius XM - Canadian Metars & Tafs

Post by digits_ »

Not sure about the serius xm, but for what it's worth, if you receive the US ADSB towers, you'll get metar/taf information for canadian airports as well.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
broken_slinky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broken_slinky »

I have the G1000 platform with the GDL69. I had to subscribe to SiriusXM Pilot Preferred or Pilot Pro to get Sirius weather. It gives me US and Canadian METARs, TAFs and bunch of other features. The limiting factor is the software in the G1000 and what it is coded to interpret and display. Then you add the SiriusXM radio on top of that.
https://www.siriusxm.ca/aviation/packages/

AdrianG
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AdrianG »

Thank you for the info.

Return to “General Comments”