Is an airline career worth pursing?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Is an airline career worth pursing?

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

lowoleo22 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:39 am I left a good career in my 30s because I didn't feel the spark anymore and had always thought of flying. I finally had enough money to pull the trigger and am flying now but had to make many sacrifices to get here. Once the paycheques got significantly smaller and I wasn't sure if I could afford my mortgage we had to rent out a room just to make it work financially. The first job that came along meant many months away from home with a less than enthusiastic (but supportive) partner who's had to shoulder all the home responsibilities while I'm away. Even at a regional and with a flow to mainline I know it will be 6-8 years before I start making the same kind of money I was making before. These are the types of sacrifices you have to be willing to make. For me it was worth it, but I was miserable where I was at. If you're relatively content then maybe flying for fun is a less sacrificial path for you, but that will be your decision to make. Let us know what you decide!
Very true
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “General Comments”