Private Jets & COVID rules

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Private Jets & COVID rules

Post by PitchLink »

Heliian wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:05 am
RRJetPilot wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:52 am Hey CBC reporter, you literally live off of handouts and government bailouts to survive. Your wage is paid by OUR MONEY. Your viewership is decreasing and so is your ad revenue. This year you need another 800 Million ON TOP of what you normally get. Now I dont want to get personal but as an organization that wouldn't exist without MY TAX DOLLARS, how about you support other struggling industries instead of attacking them at EVERY opportunity.
Covid has been the biggest devastation in the aviation industry in the history of Canada, 100x worst than 911. How about you use your unlimited funds to support fellow Canadians instead of look for more stories to hurt our industry. These are mothers, brothers, neighbors, and friends, that are all unemployed losing their HIGHLY specialized skills waiting for the government to make a plan to restart travel.

Respectfully, I wouldn't sleep at night If was you. Hope you see the light and start supporting Canadians in the darkest hour. Karma is real.
What in high heaven are you babbling about? Find a job yourself and stop living off taxpayers and expecting "the government" to help you, so hypocritical.

Oh ya, blame the government for not "restarting travel". Where you going smart guy? Is the rest of the world open for business and it's just us not traveling?

"highly specialized skills"? the reality is no, it's not and requires very little education. Not to mention that automation is taking our jobs away too. Time to retrain or stop complaining.

It is highly specialized to fix and or fly this junk, doesn’t make it a long training initial process for said skills to start out, but to get proficient at either you need years of training and additional education for sure. Said skills aren’t easily transferable therefore highly specialized.
---------- ADS -----------

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

Quote from the article, it even admits they have no idea who or even how many on board. But let’s make the public think the worse.

“A CBC News analysis of data from Feb. 22 to April 26 provided by flight tracking company FlightAware reveals 884 private flights from international destinations to a random sampling of nine airports that don't have quarantine hotels, including in Hamilton, Ottawa, London, Ont., Kelowna, B.C., St. John's and Edmonton.

The aircraft captured in the data include luxury and executive private jets, recreational aircraft and helicopters. That data does not contain any information about passengers, including the number of people on board.”

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Well if federal and provincial governments were concerned about international travel there would be ramped up security at all border crossed aircraft period.
Nobody should be crossing borders right now except for work and emergency reasons.
As for “business travel” I’m certain that definition as Always is being very loosely defined. Some larger management companies regularly bend rules and regs in the best of times to save the owners a few bucks to over ingratiate. With COVID19 in the picture those old habits die hard with a narrowing profit margin for the foreseeable future, and some pretty uncertain long term prospects of business travel in a now forever changed world stage.

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

MrWings wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:38 am If Katien trashed the racist right wing Epoch Times then she is a hero.

I'll talk with her.
Well, we know who the CHICOMs are paying to monitor this site.

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

Looks like Defund CBC is trending again on twitter.
This time because they wasted our money on a frivolous lawsuit against the Conservatives during the last election.

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

RRJetPilot wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:20 pmThey then proceed to quote a random loser in Scotland...
Good to see reading comprehension ranks highly for you. The "random loser" was Canadian, studying in Scotland, and is home in Canada now and quarantining.

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

rookiepilot wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:43 pm
montado wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:51 pm So true, but some desperate attention seeking soul can now brag to his mom he was quoted in an "interview" :lol:
Last interview I had they declined to use the footage "Air Rage" just before 9/11. Note to self when some idjit with a camera come up to you, be rude right off and tell them to "Fornicate away from you" versus being polite, saves them time right off.....

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

AirFrame wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:00 am
RRJetPilot wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:20 pmThey then proceed to quote a random loser in Scotland...
Good to see reading comprehension ranks highly for you. The "random loser" was Canadian, studying in Scotland, and is home in Canada now and quarantining.
It was such garbage i skimmed through it. And it really doesn't change any of the articles points or premise. I usually avoid CBC articles like the plague as I dont want to give them any clicks or ad revenue. Pure trash and the journalist should feel ashamed of her work.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

viewtopic.php?f=105&t=145779

Parallel thread on this forum about the same subject.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Maybe instead of corporate flying being put on trial, the Media should be put on trial.

They are hounding this poor family in my neck of the woods so much, the police have to ask them to stop.

Maybe this reporter would like to comment?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.6031920

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

Stuff like this is a great reason to block yourself on 3rd party sites. My boss had me do it so his ex-wife couldn't track him. Whats your reason?

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

rookiepilot wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:44 pm Maybe instead of corporate flying being put on trial, the Media should be put on trial.

They are hounding this poor family in my neck of the woods so much, the police have to ask them to stop.

It is pretty hypocritical to the lay person not involved in the flying biz. I know for a fact that lots of this cross border flying is not work related. It should be all or none but life isn’t fair and the two tier rules do exist always have always will

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

PitchLink wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:52 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:44 pm Maybe instead of corporate flying being put on trial, the Media should be put on trial.

It is pretty hypocritical to the lay person not involved in the flying biz. I know for a fact that lots of this cross border flying is not work related. It should be all or none but life isn’t fair and the two tier rules do exist always have always will
Same, it’s a pretty big joke, I know a few guys at some corporate companies got covid during this. So stupid, but vaccines are rolling ahead slowly so yay!

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Here's the thing. The Media like the CBC.......

IF they did their Job .... properly....there are LOTS of valid issues to write about.

How about the continuing sellout to the mega corporate retailers, at the expense of small business? Why not shame some of these guys for any multitude of things, like fighting their Covid related closures, shopping government's for the biggest tax incentives, and firing anyone who advocates for union representation?

Governments have become absolute whores to big business, and have abandoned small business.

Write about that!

Back to the leafs game...

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Loading... »

ChandlerPotts wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:12 pm Unfortunately, it is possible to reintroduce restrictive measures for air transport in many countries.
These rules were stupid from day one. They are just realizing it now, so to save face they say they are taking a "conservative approach to opening up, and following the science." They're not going to lock down again

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

rigpiggy wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:56 pm Hey Guys: First rule of "Flight Club" Don't talk about "Flight Club" Remember you are paid for your discretion!!! When was the last time a news story came out the way you wanted it portrayed.
Ridiculous

Return to “General Comments”