Hours of Averaging (AME’s)

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Hours of Averaging (AME’s)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Who here works for an employer that sets their guys up on this schedule?
---------- ADS -----------

Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Hours of Averaging (AME’s)

Post by -42 »

Heard of one up North years ago. Guys got totally screwed as I believe when you work anything over forty OT should apply. But I also recall the half owner/female born again didn’t want to pay the guys to read manuals which I vividly remember. That outfit collected on an insurance claim and lived happily ever after except in their personal life which was totally karma cursed.Never believe when the employer does something like that it is not to their advantage. Whenever I do work overtime which is like getting hit by lightning rare it’s time and a half, then double time after twelve and on on weekends instant double time....paid out that pay period I questions asked. Now I never have to work OT as I set myself up very well over the years however that’s how it should be. Aviation again as it’s federally regulated can lick my sack.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

-42 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:14 am Heard of one up North years ago. Guys got totally screwed as I believe when you work anything over forty OT should apply. But I also recall the half owner/female born again didn’t want to pay the guys to read manuals which I vividly remember. That outfit collected on an insurance claim and lived happily ever after except in their personal life which was totally karma cursed.Never believe when the employer does something like that it is not to their advantage. Whenever I do work overtime which is like getting hit by lightning rare it’s time and a half, then double time after twelve and on on weekends instant double time....paid out that pay period I questions asked. Now I never have to work OT as I set myself up very well over the years however that’s how it should be. Aviation again as it’s federally regulated can lick my sack.
Hours of averaging basically allows the employer to work employees as hard as they want but right before they have to pay out overtime they make employees take time off for “time in lieu” which isn’t 1.5 hours off per hour overtime worked it’s hour for hour which is GARBAGE!

chowda
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by chowda »

Although I dont believe its the same as what youre talking about, I know that a large Kelowna area employer was(probably still is) witholding overtime pay for 6 weeks afterwards. The idea appeared to be that almost all would take time off and cash out the OT within that timeframe, and a lot did.
Those that refused to do OT were in most cases harassed or shamed by their respective crewchiefs/crew coworkers, but it depended on the crew.

That sort of brainwashed mentality was quite common there.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

chowda wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:00 pm Although I dont believe its the same as what youre talking about, I know that a large Kelowna area employer was(probably still is) witholding overtime pay for 6 weeks afterwards. The idea appeared to be that almost all would take time off and cash out the OT within that timeframe, and a lot did.
Those that refused to do OT were in most cases harassed or shamed by their respective crewchiefs/crew coworkers, but it depended on the crew.

Same deal with the employers that pull this crap in the rotary world. Thank god most are now defunct

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

chowda wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:00 pm Although I dont believe its the same as what youre talking about, I know that a large Kelowna area employer was(probably still is) witholding overtime pay for 6 weeks afterwards. The idea appeared to be that almost all would take time off and cash out the OT within that timeframe, and a lot did.

PS haven’t seen IAN in a while! 😂

Last edited by Bug_Stomper_01 on Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
chowda
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by chowda »

Maybe he found a more aerosexual friendly space to lay down his vibe.

That guy is the classic mouthfoamer. I remember he posted once about "why he bothers", "days like to today make wonder why Im still in aviation" etc, because he got fukked over by his employer again.

Within a few days he was back to preaching how awesome it all is. I've met several with exactly that condition and they truly are mental.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

chowda wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:24 pm Maybe he found a more aerosexual friendly space to lay down his vibe.

That guy is the classic mouthfoamer. I remember he posted once about "why he bothers", "days like to today make wonder why Im still in aviation" etc, because he got fukked over by his employer again.

Within a few days he was back to preaching how awesome it all is. I've met several with exactly that condition and they truly are mental.
He’s still lurking around vertical lol, yes I agree it’s insane how some defend this crap

Return to “Maintenance”