wanted: freelance AME

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

WET140
Rank 0
Rank 0

wanted: freelance AME

Post by WET140 »

I'm looking for an AME to do owner assisted annual inspections at my hangar. CDH6 between London and Hamilton. Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: wanted: freelance AME

Post by Bede »

May I ask why?
If it's to save money, it will cost you more. AME doesn't have part in his truck? he has to drive to get it and bill you or wait for the shipment. Want to save money by helping out? You're just wasting his time because he needs to check over your work.

I've assisted an AME in doing an annual on my plane, but not because it would save me money- because I learn a lot.

If you want to save money, take it to a shop that charges a lot per hour, but has a ton of experience and parts for the plane. It will be done in fewer hours.

edmanster
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by edmanster »

U will get exactly what u paid for .. AME expects to be home for supper & will not attempt anything that will take time or require anything like riveting or looking under the floor (need to remove seat for that) or gear swings. Remove cowls, scrape out the lead from the spark plugs, oil filter, oil change.. oops gotta go - supper's ready! Don't worry about the rusty cables or cracked fuel line .. be good until next year .. see ya !

Tantrum1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Tantrum1 »

edmanster wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:34 am U will get exactly what u paid for .. AME expects to be home for supper & will not attempt anything that will take time or require anything like riveting or looking under the floor (need to remove seat for that) or gear swings. Remove cowls, scrape out the lead from the spark plugs, oil filter, oil change.. oops gotta go - supper's ready! Don't worry about the rusty cables or cracked fuel line .. be good until next year .. see ya !
Really?? What AME's are you talking about?? LOL.. I am an AME and I do owner assisted Annuals. Yes I'm home for supper, but I give every aircraft the same scrutiny as I give the corporate jets I maintain at my full time gig. The owner assisted Annuals take longer to complete yes cause I do make sure I'm home for supper with the family, but it gets a proper inspection. Does the owner save a few bucks, sure, alot?? No. As Bede mentioned. Most owners that I do owner assisted, learn alot about there aircraft during this time and if done right can actually assist the AME's with potential problems in the future. Also what most my owners come to realize is just how much is involved in an annual for when they get the bill.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

WET140 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:23 am I'm looking for an AME to do owner assisted annual inspections at my hangar. CDH6 between London and Hamilton. Thanks
“Owner assisted”…. Did you find anyone?

WET140
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by WET140 »

yes, thank you.

Return to “Maintenance”