Any updates on training?

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

f.kosmajac
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Any updates on training?

Post by f.kosmajac »

Any updates on YEG training? Been sitting in the eligible pool since the start of COVID :( I think my application falls off at the end of the year, really hoping I get a call.
---------- ADS -----------

braincandy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by braincandy »

f.kosmajac wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:43 am Any updates on YEG training? Been sitting in the eligible pool since the start of COVID :( I think my application falls off at the end of the year, really hoping I get a call.
I don't think they'll be extending fall training offers for another couple of months yet. They are still doing the last assessments over the next few weeks and then it seems like a bit of a wait after that.

Edison.G.Lee
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Edison.G.Lee »

me too. I'm waiting for further news on YVR

guanin2999
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by guanin2999 »

Good number of updates sent out this morning for YWG region.

braincandy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by braincandy »

f.kosmajac wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:43 am Any updates on YEG training? Been sitting in the eligible pool since the start of COVID :( I think my application falls off at the end of the year, really hoping I get a call.
Any word yet on an offer?

f.kosmajac
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by f.kosmajac »

braincandy wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:46 pm
Any word yet on an offer?
Nothing here yet :( Maybe I did not make this cut or they have not sent out invites for the next training session, not sure.

kaye.boe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kaye.boe »

Got the pass e-mail for FEAST yesterday! Also received my interview invite yesterday morning and completed last night after spending some time studying throughout the day.

Anyone else feel like they completely rambled on explaining their answers for the on-demand interview? I don't feel confident at all after that :o
Here's hoping though.

PAR.CYAW
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PAR.CYAW »

Did FEAST at YQM last Thursday, got the pass email on Monday. No interview invite with it though. Anyone else in YQM at a similar stage?

BBAK
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by BBAK »

Anyone starting training this fall/ winter ? I just got offered IFR for this winter and I’m starting to get in my head about training. Anyone know success rates? Just getting nervous .. anyone else ??

Ramara
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Ramara »

BBAK wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:32 pm Anyone starting training this fall/ winter ? I just got offered IFR for this winter and I’m starting to get in my head about training. Anyone know success rates? Just getting nervous .. anyone else ??
I got the offer today as well, congratulations! I don’t know success rates but it’s definitely a vote of confidence from Nav to make us offers in the first place, so even though it’s an overwhelming thought, I’m sure you we’re selected because they believe you can handle it :D

talktomegoose
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by talktomegoose »

Ya...I totally rambled in my online interview...It was weird talking to a computer without any feedback. I'm getting nervous - i did it on May 30th but haven't heard back. Anyone else have to wait longer than 4 weeks for their invite to boot camp? My workday still says "interview" but at the top says they're reviewing it. (I did my FEAST at YYZ)

Last edited by talktomegoose on Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
talktomegoose
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by talktomegoose »

BBAK wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:32 pm Anyone starting training this fall/ winter ? I just got offered IFR for this winter and I’m starting to get in my head about training. Anyone know success rates? Just getting nervous .. anyone else ??
is that at YYZ?

guanin2999
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by guanin2999 »

Which region are you in?

PAR.CYAW
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PAR.CYAW »

Congrats! Is that course still starting in 2023? HR told us at FEAST that success rate for Moncton ACC was 60%, seems high but i have no idea.

airraptor2023
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by airraptor2023 »

PAR.CYAW wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:38 am
Congrats! Is that course still starting in 2023? HR told us at FEAST that success rate for Moncton ACC was 60%, seems high but i have no idea.
I'm in the Moncton pool as well. Did my interview a few weeks ago. Any word on your end?

atcguy98
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by atcguy98 »

Ramara wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:46 pm
I got the offer today as well, congratulations! I don’t know success rates but it’s definitely a vote of confidence from Nav to make us offers in the first place, so even though it’s an overwhelming thought, I’m sure you we’re selected because they believe you can handle it :D
Both BBAK and Ramara, do you mind sharing which FIR you're in?

kaye.boe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kaye.boe »

Random question. How many students are there usually per course?

stabilizedapproach
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by stabilizedapproach »

kaye.boe wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:19 pm Random question. How many students are there usually per course?
As little as 2, as many as 8

Ramara
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Ramara »

atcguy98 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:43 pm
Ramara wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:46 pm
Both BBAK and Ramara, do you mind sharing which FIR you're in?
I can’t speak for BBAK but I am in the Toronto FIR.

vultajolma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by vultajolma »

Ramara wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:04 pm I can’t speak for BBAK but I am in the Toronto FIR.
See you at training, assuming your starting IFR this Oct!

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”