Relocation Questions

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Schnitzel
Rank 0
Rank 0

Relocation Questions

Post by Schnitzel »

Hey all,

I've been seriously considering a career as an ATC and have been researching and reading up on it. I figure I can currently do assessment and training at my location if I manage to get in. I am willing to relocate and all, but location is important as I have a family and want to eventually have a stable life staying in the same place. From what I read I need to be willing to go anywhere to start.

1. After 2+ years at a location, I can bid and eventually go somewhere I want to be, correct? I understand a desirable location might take some time to get, but essentially I get to start choosing.

2. Are relocation fees fully covered at that point even if its your preferred destination? My understanding is that they are, but I've found somewhat conflicting/unclear info on the subject.

3. Most importantly, once I get where I want to be, am I sure to be able to stay there? Of course closures, pandemics (hopefully never again in our lifetimes) or other crazy circumstances can mess with anyone's job, but OTHER THAN those kind of crazy circumstances, can I count on living a stable life at my location once I get the one I want?

I just want to make sure its the right move for my family before I get knee deep in assessments and hopefully training. Any further info on relocation is appreciated.

Cheers!
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”