.. Forum

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Snowgoose
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

.. Forum

Post by Snowgoose »

Did we lose it? The A See pie lot forum, it's apparently a verboten word
---------- ADS -----------

It's better to break ground and head into the wind than to break wind and head into the ground.
Ghostrider2
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: .. Forum

Post by Ghostrider2 »

What happened this time?

Snafu-99
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Snafu-99 »

So it's not just me.....

alkaseltzer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alkaseltzer »

It’s not run by an AC pilot.

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

It is run by a pilot, actually a small group, but they aren't currently on the "active" roster if you get my drift. No better way to control the message when it becomes critical. Remember the timing of the last forum "shutdown".

ACPA, even after a direct promise, has FAILED to give the pilot groups a voice on a union sanctioned forum. Pathetic.

The "G. Russell" show doesn't appear significantly different than any other. Still not a whisper of giving the Membership a choice to pitch ACPA into the dumpster (where it damn well belongs) and offer up an alternate choice.

BingBong
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by BingBong »

Works for me just fine….both accessing the forum and also pitching ACPA into the trash

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

RippleRock wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:19 pm IStill not a whisper of giving the Membership a choice to pitch ACPA into the dumpster (where it damn well belongs) and offer up an alternate choice.
Just be patient. Before you can reintroduce the Unity initiative you need to constitute a committee to negotiate. Then negations need to happen. It’s not an overnight process.

The current MEC didn’t take office until January. The first meetings Feb. The first meetings where this committee could be reconstructed was March April. 5 people hijacker’s those meeting over a conflict of interest accusation. Very little was accomplished. Then a recall. Business stopped for a month. Now it’s summer.

I know you favour change. Give it time. Those that oppose change would just love their foot dragging to get you to give up. Make you think nothing has or will change. They are thinking maybe we can take back control in the fall elections. Let’s drag this out.

The opposition to change within ACPA, will fight any kind of ALPA consideration tooth and nail. With the current division on the MEC 5vs5. The chair breaking the tie is not ideal and certainly doesn’t portray solid ALPA support.

Assuming ALPA even wants us at this point and we keep voting for change this fall. (The 5v5 won’t produce results). It will eventually get pushed through to a vote. Hopefully we start to hear more by fall. It might take until this falls elections are over to see this move forward.

Return to “Air Canada”