New hire bids

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: New hire bids

Post by rudder »

RegionalPilot wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:56 am No captain will be awarded until they figure out the equipment bid…

Hopefully we get news soon.
Bingo.

There is no back door to DEC. If (when) it comes to pass, it will be because ALL current and more senior pilots have not bid for CA.
---------- ADS -----------

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RegionalPilot »

Basically what will end up happening is a few of the new hires lately will be awarded captain, but with an effective date later this year. There is no need as of now of DEC.

The latest bid was done early in order to create vacancies, and THEN people might get trained directly in the left seat once everyone has reached their effective date and started training.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

The company (and AC) wanted relief but offered nothing in return. The result? No relief.

So we move on and manage using the terms of the CBA. All of the COVID LOU’s are now expired. The company did not want to extend double time overtime premiums to protect the summer operation. AC was much wiser.

You sign a deal - you live with the deal. Good advice for all concerned (Jazz/ALPA/AC/ACPA).

Nothing in life is free.

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

What was today's equipment bid for the new hires?

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

rudder wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:31 pm The company (and AC) wanted relief but offered nothing in return. The result? No relief.

So we move on and manage using the terms of the CBA. All of the COVID LOU’s are now expired. The company did not want to extend double time overtime premiums to protect the summer operation. AC was much wiser.

You sign a deal - you live with the deal. Good advice for all concerned (Jazz/ALPA/AC/ACPA).

Nothing in life is free.
Could AC force Jazz to come up with a deal with the pilots to protect winter operation and by extension summer 2024 when the times come?

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

kiaszceski wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:57 pm What was today's equipment bid for the new hires?
Q,RJ,EMB YYZ
Q,RJ YUL

flyingb
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyingb »

KenoraPilot wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:50 pm
kiaszceski wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:57 pm What was today's equipment bid for the new hires?
Q,RJ,EMB YYZ
Q,RJ YUL
Do we happen to know how many per position exactly ?

Caterpillar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Caterpillar »

E175 YYZ - 4
CRJ YYZ - 9
CRJ YUL - 4
Q400 YUL - 2
Q400 YYC - 1

Since I’m flying the King Air, does that qualify me to fly the Queen of the skies?
kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

Caterpillar wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:26 am E175 YYZ - 4
CRJ YYZ - 9
CRJ YUL - 4
Q400 YUL - 2
Q400 YYC - 1
Thanks !

RobertChow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by RobertChow »

How long would it take as a new hire to bid YVR base ?

Thanks

fixnfly
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fixnfly »

RobertChow wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:53 pm How long would it take as a new hire to bid YVR base ?

Thanks
I think it just depends on when the Asian market recovers, cause right now there are too many guys out west and they're all getting shipped out to Montreal and Toronto on temporary bases or deadheads to start pairings. I'd assume that as soon as guys move to AC it'll open up spots sometime this fall but I feel like the majority of ACs focus is in Toronto and Montreal so that'll be where the growth happens.

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

Is putting candidates in the pool still a thing or are they awarding GS as candidates successfully complete all the steps of the hiring process?

HappySkies777
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by HappySkies777 »

kiaszceski wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:23 pm Is putting candidates in the pool still a thing or are they awarding GS as candidates successfully complete all the steps of the hiring process?
I am wondering the same too. I have been placed on a pool and apparently been asked to complete a Thomas assessment after the fact because it’s a new assessment they started and they didn’t send it early on. Did you get asked that too?

What does a pool mean anyways?

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

HappySkies777 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:39 pm
kiaszceski wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:23 pm Is putting candidates in the pool still a thing or are they awarding GS as candidates successfully complete all the steps of the hiring process?
I am wondering the same too. I have been placed on a pool and apparently been asked to complete a Thomas assessment after the fact because it’s a new assessment they started and they didn’t send it early on. Did you get asked that too?

What does a pool mean anyways?
Check Pm

frog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by frog »

Usually what bases are available for DEC?

tango308
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tango308 »

frog wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:32 am Usually what bases are available for DEC?
YYZ or YUL if we go by the latest bid. No CA vacancies out West for the moment.

pitottubey
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pitottubey »

Pool? whats this about a pool. Im just about to pass all the initial steps (I passed the first interview and sim eval), am I going to just get put in a pool and wait?

the-minister31
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by the-minister31 »

pitottubey wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:08 am Pool? whats this about a pool. Im just about to pass all the initial steps (I passed the first interview and sim eval), am I going to just get put in a pool and wait?
Once you have passed all the steps, they put you in a pool while waiting for a ground school date. I don't know if they even use the pool these days...

702pipeliner
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 702pipeliner »

Anyone know what was available to the people in the GS that started last week?

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

the-minister31 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:25 am
pitottubey wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:08 am Pool? whats this about a pool. Im just about to pass all the initial steps (I passed the first interview and sim eval), am I going to just get put in a pool and wait?
Once you have passed all the steps, they put you in a pool while waiting for a ground school date. I don't know if they even use the pool these days...
The only people knowing if the pool is still a thing are the HRs and maybe @rudder?

As far as the pool, you need to pass all the tests, meaning if the simeval was successful, reference checks, criminal background check, drug test, and Thomas Assessment ( PPA and GIA ).
Once everything is processed you will receive either a pool email, a call for a GS, or an email saying they won't be moving forward with your application.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”