How to convert the foreigner license to Canada M2 license

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

fantasyland365
Rank 0
Rank 0

How to convert the foreigner license to Canada M2 license

Post by fantasyland365 »

Hi, from the Transport Canada website, I found that if the foreigner want to get the AME license, their licenses have to meet the requirement of the regulation to exempt the basic training requirement.

Applicants who held valid licences for the following are exempt from the basic training requirement:

Aircraft Maintenance: (issued prior to January 01, 1990)
•United States - FAA A&P licence with an Inspection Authorization rating;
•ICAO (type II), rated for airframe & engines

Avionics Maintenance: (issued prior to September 01, 1985)
•ICAO (type II), that included avionics privileges

In order to be eligible for these exemptions applicants must provide proof of holding the licence in question.

Here is the question, I hold the Chinese aircraft maintenance license, it should be the ICAO(type II). I also got a FAA A&P without the IA rating.

but it said the license should be issued prior to 1990, if it is, I have to study first at the training center.

What should do? I've already been working as an aircraft mechanic for almost 8 years.
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by fantasyland365 on Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
arcticheliwrench
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: How to convert the foreigner license to Canada M2 licens

Post by arcticheliwrench »

Phone the Transport Canada Pacific Office - 604-666-8777

fantasyland365
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by fantasyland365 »

Thank you, I'll call it later. I just wonder is there any AME like me got the Canadian license.

dreamliner.mech
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dreamliner.mech »

Hi there,

first you have to approach TC with your basic training curriculam and certificate. if they are happy then they will let you write the exams-3 exams- once you pass them then you have to prove 5 years of experience and submit your log book. if they are happy with your log book- they will let you write Cars exam- then you will recieve your licence.

The above is the process couple of years ago and i think it is still the same, when you approach TC they will give you clear info

by the way which country licence do you have? pm me.

Guardian_Angel
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Guardian_Angel »

dreamliner.mech wrote:Hi there,

first you have to approach TC with your basic training curriculam and certificate. if they are happy then they will let you write the exams-3 exams- once you pass them then you have to prove 5 years of experience and submit your log book. if they are happy with your log book- they will let you write Cars exam- then you will recieve your licence.

The above is the process couple of years ago and i think it is still the same, when you approach TC they will give you clear info

That's correct, you need to contact with TC first and make an appointment they will give your a file number and evaluate your case and determine what is next.
If you prepare the exams it will takes almost one year( same as the CCAR 66).
DO NOT TAKE ANY COURSE IN ANY COLLEGE, WASTE TIME
My QQ: 229236157

Kirmanisr@gmail.com
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: How to convert the foreigner license to Canada M2 license

Post by Kirmanisr@gmail.com »

Guardian_Angel wrote: Tue May 20, 2014 11:45 pm
dreamliner.mech wrote:Hi there,

That's correct, you need to contact with TC first and make an appointment they will give your a file number and evaluate your case and determine what is next.
If you prepare the exams it will takes almost one year( same as the CCAR 66).
DO NOT TAKE ANY COURSE IN ANY COLLEGE, WASTE TIME
My QQ: 229236157
Hi everyone,
I am also thinking of getting a Canadian AME lic. I am already holding an EASA lic endorsed with A320 & B777. I wanna know
1. which 3 exams are to be given after successful assessment of certificates.
2. Is it mandatory to have the 5yrs of logbook on Canadian registered aircraft? In some places, I've read that if previous experience is approved you need to show only 3 rs of experience(is it true?)
3. All this process can be done online or one has to be in Canada (how is it possible if somebody is working outside Canada?)

TIA

Return to “Maintenance”