is that feature available in ForeFlight or any other app ?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

mrmsktg
Rank 0
Rank 0

is that feature available in ForeFlight or any other app ?

Post by mrmsktg »

Hi,
I have my first cross country coming up soon, and I want to strengthen my navigation skills

I don't have a flight simulator but I have ForeFlight " premium subscription " , I want to practise the trip ( Navigation part / watch map to ground ) at home first, before my actual cross country.
i was just wondering if it's possible to fly a track on ForeFlight or any other app ?

i know that ForeFlight shows you your track logs if you use it during flight, but is it possible to make up any track between two destinations and " play it " ??

if no, is there any app that would allow me to do that

thanks in advance.
---------- ADS -----------

praveen4143
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: is that feature available in ForeFlight or any other app ?

Post by praveen4143 »

Have not tried Foreflight but I would highly recommend giving it a go using Google Earth. The program allows you to zoom to a specific height and you can activate airplane mode and fly your route using a keyboard or yoke/joystick if you have one. Have had a few of my students try it over the years and works like a charm!

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Don't think it's possible on foreflight, but some people use the infinite flight app for this. There was an article about it in this month's COPA magazine.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

I'm not entirely sure what it is you're trying to achieve. But flightaware has a feature that let you replay an existing tracked flight.

So if you're lucky that a flight that you're trying to replay already exists in their system, maybe that would work.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

Yes.

Either send a flight to the maps page, or go to the Map page and hit the FPL button to open the flight plan window and type in or touch edit a flight plan.

Hit the Globe with airplane flying around it icon that’s above or next to the tabs. It will show you a Google Earth style representation of your flight with climb and descent that you can play with 1st or 3rd person view.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

‘Bob’ wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:15 am Yes.

Either send a flight to the maps page, or go to the Map page and hit the FPL button to open the flight plan window and type in or touch edit a flight plan.

Hit the Globe with airplane flying around it icon that’s above or next to the tabs. It will show you a Google Earth style representation of your flight with climb and descent that you can play with 1st or 3rd person view.
Yes, that is only available in the "performance plus" subscription.

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

Sorry I thought foreflight was foreflight and that premium would have been better than plus. I guess it’s like Starbucks sizes.

I never use that feature. I just remembered seeing it somewhere.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html

Return to “Flight Training”