AIRLINE CHAOS.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: AIRLINE CHAOS.

Post by AirFrame »

rookiepilot wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:31 pmI don’t recall Singapore airlines or Cathay almost taking out an entire row of planes on a taxiway.
Almost? So AC didn't actually do that? Gee, Singapore and Cathay haven't done it either. What local incidents in Singapore might have happened that weren't reported here, I wonder?
---------- ADS -----------

SPR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SPR »

Aviatard wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:43 am
rookiepilot wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:10 am Old, surly, lazy, cabin staff.
What is the maximum amount of old that you’d find acceptable? There must be a line you’d draw somewhere.
Anyone older than him is infirm and needs to retire. Anyone younger than him is lazy and incompetent.

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:18 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:13 pm Its not just passengers AC is hurting.

Its the countless small hotels and restaurants that depend on tourism. Small aircraft charters. Loads of bookings are gonna be cancelled. Right after a pandemic when they need those dollars.

But i guess, like everything else, being a positive contributor to the economy isn’t something AC cares about. Lot in common with the transport minister, who has repeatedly blamed passengers for the problems.

Surprised he hasn’t blamed hotels for welcoming guests again.
AC only needs to be accountable to its customers. All the other noise about the economy and the struggles of all these different industries that’s on our government. It would be nice to see things bounce back, unfortunately by the time they get somewhat sorted out travel and tourism is going to get thrown back into the dumpster. I will bet you by years end the big airlines in Canada will stop hiring pilots again as the recession sinks in.

If you are looking for a job, avoid restaurants, hotels, airlines for the next couple years (or maybe just forever, because the government will definitely shut you down next time the sniffles go around) Just remember how the government dealt with Covid as a reminder of what’s in your future when you decide where to work. What’s the saying? Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
Think it goes “ya fool me once, can’t fool me again!” :lol:

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

rookiepilot wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:10 am I run a small business, don’t do “excuses”. Hire appropriate staff!
Isn't your business just yourself?
Have three - 4 more more international trips planned in next 12 months. Won’t be AC. I’ll happily pay more. I’ll email for my legally owed compensation, and they will ignore it. Prediction.

Venting over.
So which airline are you going to use? Not really much choice. You can try WJ but they had the same problems around xmas. It was an absolute dumpster fire of every flight cancelled or delayed, combined with shitty / non-existent customer service. They seem to have since sorted out their problems, so I guess it's AC's turn right now. But I don't think either of them are any better or worse than the other.

As for compensation: I'm not sure about AC, but WJ's policy it basically to delay and lie about it. But if you are sure you are due compensation and you have the appropriate proof, take them to the small claims court and they'll eventually cough up.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

rookiepilot wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:31 pm The Narrative too is AC is the safest airline in the world and so we should all be happy, and much much safer than all of the Asian carriers who are death traps if you believe this site.

That is (also) total BS. I don’t recall Singapore airlines or Cathay almost taking out an entire row of planes on a taxiway.
I do remember Singapore taking out a row of construction equipment in Taipei. Killed quite a few.

As for the attitude....probably just representative of Canada.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

SPR wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:07 am
Aviatard wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:43 am
rookiepilot wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:10 am Old, surly, lazy, cabin staff.
What is the maximum amount of old that you’d find acceptable? There must be a line you’d draw somewhere.
Anyone older than him is infirm and needs to retire. Anyone younger than him is lazy and incompetent.
I love all these responses by AC drones or those sucking up to become one. Pretty lame life ambition if you ask me.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

CpnCrunch wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:00 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:10 am I run a small business, don’t do “excuses”. Hire appropriate staff!
Isn't your business just yourself?
Have three - 4 more more international trips planned in next 12 months. Won’t be AC. I’ll happily pay more. I’ll email for my legally owed compensation, and they will ignore it. Prediction.

Venting over.
So which airline are you going to use?
Did you read the word “international”? Loads of choices.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

rookiepilot wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:40 pm Did you read the word “international”? Loads of choices.
Well then, let us know your choice of airline so we can armchair quarterback their safety and reliability record.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

CpnCrunch wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:50 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:40 pm Did you read the word “international”? Loads of choices.
Well then, let us know your choice of airline so we can armchair quarterback their safety and reliability record.
Actually…no. Its my money to spend as I please.

I wouldn’t even have booked AC on my last leg except others were sold out.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

rookiepilot wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:06 pm
Actually…no. Its my money to spend as I please.

I wouldn’t even have booked AC on my last leg except others were sold out.
Well let's see, you mentioned Cathay and Singapore.

Cathay are running at 4% of pre-pandemic capacity and are looking to hire 700 pilots, 2000 cabin crew, and 1300 airport staff:

https://liveandletsfly.com/cathay-pacific-hiring/

I wonder how that will work out?

Let's say you want to fly to Europe. Apart from AC the only flights to EGLL are BA, and they are having a really shitty time at the moment:

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/briti ... 01719.html

"British Airways passengers wait days to be reunited with their bags amid Heathrow luggage mountain"

I can't find any bad news for Singapore, so you might actually be safe there.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

rookiepilot wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:06 pm I wouldn’t even have booked AC on my last leg except others were sold out.
I'm fairly sure that's relevant, somehow.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Just did the final segment YVR-YYZ.

Talk about night and day. Can you say pleasant all around. Ground and flight crews. Clean plane. No FA’s patrolling looking eagerly for tiny mask violations. One announcement at beginning fhats it.

AC why are you putting your bag crews on money making International flights?

Don’t get it.

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

rookiepilot wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:27 pm Just did the final segment YVR-YYZ.

Talk about night and day. Can you say pleasant all around. Ground and flight crews. Clean plane. No FA’s patrolling looking eagerly for tiny mask violations. One announcement at beginning fhats it.

Don’t get it.
Its called seniority bidding, rookie. Don't you know?

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Tbayer2021 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:38 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:27 pm Just did the final segment YVR-YYZ.

Don’t get it.
Its called seniority bidding, rookie. Don't you know?
Bizzaro concept to a trader. Incomprehensible.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

yhz41 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:24 am
You're a grown up, you can ensure that your own seat belt is fastened. It would seem your favourite activity is to complain about anything and everything so. No one wants to hear what you have to say about one time a flight attendant was mean to you so now you will spend forever hating air canada.
Ahhhh. I am the ONLY complainer out there. As you and SPR have said. Are you AC employees? Are you Macho Men captains who wear your 4 bars in the mall to impress underage girls? That’s my guess. What a sad lot you AC drones are.

Think there are a few more than me with issues out there.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/ai ... -1.5976331

https://www.cp24.com/news/passengers-ad ... -1.5978368

https://www.blogto.com/travel/2022/07/s ... g-luggage/

https://globalnews.ca/news/8971148/cana ... a-debacle/

I’ll be voting with my wallet.

yhz41
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by yhz41 »

rookiepilot wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:04 pm
yhz41 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:24 am
You're a grown up, you can ensure that your own seat belt is fastened. It would seem your favourite activity is to complain about anything and everything so. No one wants to hear what you have to say about one time a flight attendant was mean to you so now you will spend forever hating air canada.
Ahhhh. I am the ONLY complainer out there. As you and SPR have said. Are you AC employees? Are you Macho Men captains who wear your 4 bars in the mall to impress underage girls? That’s my guess. What a sad lot you AC drones are.

Think there are a few more than me with issues out there.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/ai ... -1.5976331

https://www.cp24.com/news/passengers-ad ... -1.5978368

https://www.blogto.com/travel/2022/07/s ... g-luggage/

https://globalnews.ca/news/8971148/cana ... a-debacle/

I’ll be voting with my wallet.
Dude get a life. My God. No I don't work for AC. I happen to actually work in the industry unlike you, and all the airlines suck. Vote with your wallet all you want, you'll be back complaining about westjet in the near future because a gate agent called you a passenger instead of a guest. Cry me a river.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

yhz41 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:11 pm

I happen to actually work in the industry unlike you,
That WAS you I saw in the mall today preening up and down in front of the WalMart!

Bravo!

yhz41
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by yhz41 »

rookiepilot wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:19 pm

That WAS you I saw in the mall today preening up and down in front of the WalMart!

Bravo!
??? I don't have a Walmart in my town, only a zellers.

702pipeliner
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 702pipeliner »

yhz41 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:28 pm

Bravo!
He only saw you because he was working his Walmart greeter roll.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

702pipeliner wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:38 pm
yhz41 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:28 pm

Bravo!
He only saw you because he was working his Walmart greeter roll.
Actually that sounds more pleasant than your industry.

Return to “General Comments”