What to expect as a new Fo.

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

TalkingPie
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: What to expect as a new Fo.

Post by TalkingPie »

bobcaygeon wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:10 pm
Inverted2 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:15 am
Malfunction wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:51 am Anyone share what life is like as a new FO who is commuting. Would I ever be home? How many days off do you get?
As it is right now I don’t know how commuters make it work.

Everything is either 1. Oversold 2. Hours late or 3. Canceled.
There's lots of room most days because everyone misses their connections. Seats available on employee travel website 0. Seats available at pushback =35
You have to be careful with this. Sometimes they'll hold the flight as long as they can, waiting for late connections, especially ones caught in customs/security delays. Once STOC or whoever is running the show decides they can wait no longer, they're not going to take a further delay to board waiting cons, and the flight leaves with open seats.
---------- ADS -----------

bobcatdriver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: What to expect as a new Fo.

Post by bobcatdriver »

Rooster69 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:41 am
JHR wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:52 am Lowest paid 330 FO on Earth

I can’t comment on whether he will be lowest paid 330 FO on earth. But, he won’t be the lowest 330 pilot after the flat pay is finished. There are worse positions to be in in aviation than sitting in the right seat of a 330 on flat pay. He, and every other pilot, knew what the wage structure is at AC before he got hired. He can always try and get the Left seat on an equipment before the 4 years is up.
Helped that his old man retired off the same aircraft.

Compared to someone getting in their mid 40s, he will have an extra $3 mill+ in net earnings with the added years (factor in inflation).

Short term pain for long term ________.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Air Canada”