It's starting, over 100 WJ employees sue

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: It's starting, over 100 WJ employees sue

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

What was the objective of the federal government and corporations with vaccine mandates? Did they achieve their objectives?

How are they going to prove this was justified when they say two vaccines are not enough and unvaccinated people are now welcome back to work? I’m no lawyer but looks like someone fucked up.

It’s interesting that if a vaccine was never developed, it would have been considered safe for everyone to keep working, just wear a mask and carry on. How is it that the workplace went from completely safe, everyone can work, to the next day you can only work if vaccinated? Did we have the right to refuse dangerous work because of Covid risks prior to vaccines? Why was it not safe to keep working by applying the same safety measures being used before the vaccine?

If it was not safe to be working without a vaccine I think this should be investigated. Why were airlines allowed to operate when it was not safe to do so? They didn’t offer adequate safety measures clearly. Someone needs to be held accountable for the unsafe workplaces pre vaccines.
BF412373-61B3-464B-AF56-C6EB6E5F8500.jpeg
BF412373-61B3-464B-AF56-C6EB6E5F8500.jpeg (945.18 KiB) Viewed 3024 times
---------- ADS -----------

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
DonTomas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DonTomas »

TG wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:37 pm
DonTomas wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:24 pm
GhostRider6 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:04 pm

Whatever that is …

I’d agree. Exercising your own bodily autonomy by opting to not participate in society then playing the victim sounds like psychosis to me!
Actually, it’s the opposite LOL. Research my friend, it’s all out there. Ever wonder why Pfizer wanted to hide the information for 75 years? One tip: Fact Checkers, mainstream media and Wikipedia ain’t gonna tell you the truth so keep searching.

Look for any scientist/doctor that the media bashes for having a different opinion from the narrative and smear them all over the Internet . There are many Canadian scientists too, including a virologist from the University of Guelph. Look at the medical professionals that are under a gag order, right from their colleges, afraid to say anything that might cause their license to be taken away. Look at
Frontline Doctors, those are the guys you wanna focus on.

PS: Do you know what’s in those so called vaccines? 100% of all the ingredients ? Do you know the short and long term safety data? Are there any studies that included aircrew as they operate in a different environment?

I can go on all day, but it’s not my job to educate you. Do your own research, or better yet, don’t and live in the fantasy that the government cares about your health by closing gyms and promoting mental stress.

Cheers
You better revise your definition of many.

And give me a break with this classic conspiracy's line "Do your own research" You are trying to contradict with some Youtube videos or bogus website's articles people who literally spend their life studying their domain of expertise.

About the occasional oddballs:
I knew 2 pilots who should never, Never have been given a pilot licence for their sheer incompetence! But somehow managed it. Well, sort of as one eventually got himself killed and the other fired (Although he is still probably bombing around somewhere)

Following your wrapped logic "Those are the guys you wanna focus on" because they had a different opinion of the (SOPs) narrative.

I pulled that example because aviation is my area of knowledge. I'm not bold enough to dictate lawyers, doctors, scientists, etc... What to do in their field of expertise. Think about it, would you approve Karen sitting in 22A telling you not to divert 30 degrees to the left because she only sees blue sky from her side window!? The f@ck no! And even if a pilot was sitting next to her he would not have all the info at hand to make a proper judgment as it could be for traffic separation or else --> Who knows but the crew up front. I will recon that they are not bullet proof with mistakes but we are not talking about an overweight clapped out Antonov flown by drunken Russian out of Congo during rainy season.

Or maybe you are just trolling and I felt into it. In that case well played :mrgreen:
So what’s in those vaccines?

Do you know the short and long term effects?

Were you given all the possible information including the possibility of alternative therapies in order to have full informed consent?

Are you aware that it was (and still is) an experiment?

Looking forward to your reply

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Mark Twain
geodoc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by geodoc »

DonTomas wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:20 pm

Actually, it’s the opposite LOL. Research my friend, it’s all out there. Ever wonder why Pfizer wanted to hide the information for 75 years? One tip: Fact Checkers, mainstream media and Wikipedia ain’t gonna tell you the truth so keep searching.

Look for any scientist/doctor that the media bashes for having a different opinion from the narrative and smear them all over the Internet . There are many Canadian scientists too, including a virologist from the University of Guelph. Look at the medical professionals that are under a gag order, right from their colleges, afraid to say anything that might cause their license to be taken away. Look at

PS: Do you know what’s in those so called vaccines? 100% of all the ingredients ? Do you know the short and long term safety data? Are there any studies that included aircrew as they operate in a different environment?

I can go on all day, but it’s not my job to educate you. Do your own research, or better yet, don’t and live in the fantasy that the government cares about your health by closing gyms and promoting mental stress.

Cheers

And give me a break with this classic conspiracy's line "Do your own research" You are trying to contradict with some Youtube videos or bogus website's articles people who literally spend their life studying their domain of expertise.

I knew 2 pilots who should never, Never have been given a pilot licence for their sheer incompetence! But somehow managed it. Well, sort of as one eventually got himself killed and the other fired (Although he is still probably bombing around somewhere)

Following your wrapped logic "Those are the guys you wanna focus on" because they had a different opinion of the (SOPs) narrative.

I pulled that example because aviation is my area of knowledge. I'm not bold enough to dictate lawyers, doctors, scientists, etc... What to do in their field of expertise. Think about it, would you approve Karen sitting in 22A telling you not to divert 30 degrees to the left because she only sees blue sky from her side window!? The f@ck no! And even if a pilot was sitting next to her he would not have all the info at hand to make a proper judgment as it could be for traffic separation or else --> Who knows but the crew up front. I will recon that they are not bullet proof with mistakes but we are not talking about an overweight clapped out Antonov flown by drunken Russian out of Congo during rainy season.

Or maybe you are just trolling and I felt into it. In that case well played :mrgreen:

Were you given all the possible information including the possibility of alternative therapies in order to have full informed consent?

WELCOME FELLOW AVIATION ENTHUSIAST!

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:12 pm What was the objective of the federal government and corporations with vaccine mandates? Did they achieve their objectives?

How are they going to prove this was justified when they say two vaccines are not enough and unvaccinated people are now welcome back to work? I’m no lawyer but looks like someone fucked up.

It’s interesting that if a vaccine was never developed, it would have been considered safe for everyone to keep working, just wear a mask and carry on. How is it that the workplace went from completely safe, everyone can work, to the next day you can only work if vaccinated? Did we have the right to refuse dangerous work because of Covid risks prior to vaccines? Why was it not safe to keep working by applying the same safety measures being used before the vaccine?

If it was not safe to be working without a vaccine I think this should be investigated. Why were airlines allowed to operate when it was not safe to do so? They didn’t offer adequate safety measures clearly. Someone needs to be held accountable for the unsafe workplaces pre vaccines.

Since you seem interested in how the Oakes Test has been applied in relation to COVID mandates, I'd direct you to the following pieces of case law that discuss it:

https://www.jccf.ca/wp-content/uploads/ ... QB-219.pdf

https://www.jccf.ca/wp-content/uploads/ ... 8-CORR.pdf

As for the unvaccinated WestJet pilots, there doesn't seem to be much of a precedent that helps them:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/vaccin ... -1.6342193

Last edited by Bingo Fuel on Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
DonTomas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DonTomas »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:12 pm What was the objective of the federal government and corporations with vaccine mandates? Did they achieve their objectives?

This is all too logical. This kind of thinking is not welcomed here. Don’t question anything! Science works like this now, it’s authoritarian and not to be challenged.

Mark Twain
TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

Cheers

Ah yes... Another typical conspiracy thing, replying with questions unanswerable to us mere mortals.

-->I cannot prove with no doubt there is no turtle orbiting Jupiter so a turtle must be there!<--

Go ask Karen sitting in 22A about the airplane she is flying in. What its made of? Was she given all the possible information about her flight? Any possible alternative? She would have no clue to most of it as all the passengers lambda around her.

Except she is the one bitching about things way out of her depth :mrgreen:

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

DonTomas wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:10 pm

This is all too logical. This kind of thinking is not welcomed here. Don’t question anything! Science works like this now, it’s authoritarian and not to be challenged.
Just wanted to add, you make beautiful cigars.

Carry on

DonTomas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DonTomas »

TG wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:24 pm

Ah yes... Another typical conspiracy thing, replying with questions unanswerable to us mere mortals.

-->I cannot prove with no doubt there is no turtle orbiting Jupiter so a turtle must be there!<--

Go ask Karen sitting in 22A about the airplane she is flying in. What its made of? Was she given all the possible information about her flight? Any possible alternative? She would have no clue to most of it as all the passengers lambda around her.

Except she is the one bitching about things way out of her depth :mrgreen:
Apples and oranges.

Is Karen forced to take this flight under duress, and if she doesn’t comply her livelihood is taken away from her therefore restricting her ability to feed her family?

Also, is the airplane she is flying certified and therefore has gone through all the required testing and certifications or is it an experimental design?

She might have questions either way..

Mark Twain
kgb531
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kgb531 »

High school educations. It's evident by reading most posts in the Covid sub-forum.
DonTomas wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:32 am Mass Formation Psychosis. It’s evident by reading some posts here.

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

DonTomas wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:54 pm
Apples and oranges.

Is Karen forced to take this flight under duress, and if she doesn’t comply her livelihood is taken away from her therefore restricting her ability to feed her family?

Also, is the airplane she is flying certified and therefore has gone through all the required testing and certifications or is it an experimental design?

She might have questions either way..
Apple, orange, carrots, turtles, it doesn't matter.
Like I said she is the one bitching about things that are way out of her depth and that's idea I'm trying to convey.

DonTomas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DonTomas »

Im trying to convey that nobody should lose their job over not wanting to be part of the largest human experiment ever. Where there is risk (and there is) there must be choice.

Where do we draw the line? What if the government says boosters every week or you must inject bleach in your arms or every man over 40 must be forced to get a vasectomy.

Sounds crazy, but it all is. So where do we draw the line? Is the line different for everyone? Maybe, but collectively if we don’t unite now we are done. I believe a big part of this COVID thing was to cause division and hate. That is the most anti Canadian thing. We are not like that, we are better (and I admit Im guilty myself of judging others too)

I read stories of people not inviting family members over for Christmas due to their vaccine status (both ways) or making guests wear masks in their homes. Constantly sanitizing surfaces like maniacs using alcohol wipes and gel where there is a perfectly good sink and soap available .

Maybe it is time to re evaluate this whole thing from a psychological perspective. Time to live with this virus and carry on with life.

Mark Twain
TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

DonTomas wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:46 am Im trying to convey that nobody should lose their job over not wanting to be part of the largest human experiment ever. Where there is risk (and there is) there must be choice.

Where do we draw the line? What if the government says boosters every week or you must inject bleach in your arms or every man over 40 must be forced to get a vasectomy.

Sounds crazy, but it all is. So where do we draw the line? Is the line different for everyone? Maybe, but collectively if we don’t unite now we are done. I believe a big part of this COVID thing was to cause division and hate. That is the most anti Canadian thing. We are not like that, we are better (and I admit Im guilty myself of judging others too)

I read stories of people not inviting family members over for Christmas due to their vaccine status (both ways) or making guests wear masks in their homes. Constantly sanitizing surfaces like maniacs using alcohol wipes and gel where there is a perfectly good sink and soap available .

Maybe it is time to re evaluate this whole thing from a psychological perspective. Time to live with this virus and carry on with life.
The final thing is neither you or me have all the cards and expertise to make this type of decision.

And speaking of biased opinion, I agree with this one :mrgreen: : "Time to live with this virus and carry on with life"

J Roc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by J Roc »

https://www.theepochtimes.com/westjet-e ... ium=search

A group of 176 current and former employees of air carrier WestJet filed a lawsuit on Oct. 5 against their employer and the federal government over the imposition of the vaccine mandate.

“Collaborating with airlines and corporate stakeholders, the Canadian Government implemented punitive and divisive Covid-19 vaccination mandates, creating a two-tier society stoked only by fear,” the group of plaintiffs calling themselves Cause For Action wrote in a statement.

The group says it has no issue with people choosing to get vaccinated, only with the coercive nature of the mandate.

“Our objection lies with the coercion, discipline, and denial of informed consent used to achieve mass vaccination. Forcing consent under duress is unethical, unconstitutional, illegal and by no means Canadian,” it says.

Cause For Action says it represents a variety of employees: active, on leave, terminated, forced into early retirement, and suffering from vaccine injury. The professions are also diverse, including pilots, flight attendants, and contact centre agents.

Even though the mandate was imposed by Transport Canada and WestJet would have faced penalties for not complying, the plaintiffs argue the company could have resisted but instead went aboveboard.

“Their aggressive enforcement resulted in unconstitutional abuse of thousands of people. Simply following orders has not historically been, nor will it be, an excuse to violate human rights and informed consent,” says Cause For Action.

Constitutional lawyer Leighton Grey, of Grey Wowk Spencer LLP, is representing the plaintiffs. Grey represents employees from other companies in similar actions, notably railways CN and CP, and courier company Purolator.

The Epoch Times reached out to WestJet and Transport Canada for comment but we didn’t hear back immediately.

A Transport Canada statement to The Epoch Times from May on the issue of mandates says the “Government of Canada’s position is that the vaccination mandate is consistent with the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, as well as Canada’s obligations in the area of human rights.”

It says the mandate was necessary to “safeguard” the transportation system.

Free to Fly, an advocacy group of aviation professionals and passengers affected by the vaccine mandates, welcomed the legal action.

“Justice needs to be seen, to be done, and we’re committed to that and to ensuring what happened to employees across this nation never happens again,” says the group’s co-founder Greg Hill.

“This is a battle on many fronts and we’re quick to point out that a rising tide floats all boats, so gains on one front will benefit the majority.”

New WestJet CEO Against Restrictions

The federal government’s vaccine mandates for air travellers and transportation workers came into force in October 2021 and was suspended in June.

“Vaccination is our best way out of this pandemic, and more than 98 per cent of our workforce self-declared their full-vaccination intent prior to the implementation of these policies,” said then WestJet CEO Ed Sims in an Oct. 22 statement.

Alexis von Hoensbroech replaced Sims as CEO in February and soon after started publicly criticizing federal restrictions.

He questioned the mask requirement in March, and then the travel vaccine mandate in May. Von Hoensbroech released a statement in late September to welcome the lifting of the remaining border restrictions on Oct. 1.

“We are relieved our guests can finally travel with additional confidence and certainty, knowing they can make decisions that are the best for them, and their travel plans won’t be interrupted,” said von Hoensbroech.

Air Canada also commented on the issue and said the government’s measures “were not justified by science.”

The government itself admitted during travel mandate legal proceedings to having little data on the impact of vaccination on in-flight viral transmission and its own research indicated that risk to be low.

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

calm down

J Roc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by J Roc »

'97 Tercel wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:35 pm calm down
lol...well, seeing you put it like that. :lol:

kgb531
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kgb531 »

The lawsuits that have got to the courts have been largely dismissed. The simple fact remains that workplace safety trumps both charter and human rights (according to numerous SCOC and human rights tribunal rulings) when it comes to such matters. It is not about what the situation is at the time of filing, but what the situation was at the time of implementation.
Luckily for the employees, the jccf is not involved so it won't be an insta-dismissal but there is a reason none of these lawyers are working on contingency.
J Roc wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:13 pm https://www.theepochtimes.com/westjet-e ... ium=search

A group of 176 current and former employees of air carrier WestJet filed a lawsuit on Oct. 5 against their employer and the federal government over the imposition of the vaccine mandate.

“Collaborating with airlines and corporate stakeholders, the Canadian Government implemented punitive and divisive Covid-19 vaccination mandates, creating a two-tier society stoked only by fear,” the group of plaintiffs calling themselves Cause For Action wrote in a statement.

The group says it has no issue with people choosing to get vaccinated, only with the coercive nature of the mandate.

“Our objection lies with the coercion, discipline, and denial of informed consent used to achieve mass vaccination. Forcing consent under duress is unethical, unconstitutional, illegal and by no means Canadian,” it says.

Cause For Action says it represents a variety of employees: active, on leave, terminated, forced into early retirement, and suffering from vaccine injury. The professions are also diverse, including pilots, flight attendants, and contact centre agents.

Even though the mandate was imposed by Transport Canada and WestJet would have faced penalties for not complying, the plaintiffs argue the company could have resisted but instead went aboveboard.

“Their aggressive enforcement resulted in unconstitutional abuse of thousands of people. Simply following orders has not historically been, nor will it be, an excuse to violate human rights and informed consent,” says Cause For Action.

Constitutional lawyer Leighton Grey, of Grey Wowk Spencer LLP, is representing the plaintiffs. Grey represents employees from other companies in similar actions, notably railways CN and CP, and courier company Purolator.

The Epoch Times reached out to WestJet and Transport Canada for comment but we didn’t hear back immediately.

A Transport Canada statement to The Epoch Times from May on the issue of mandates says the “Government of Canada’s position is that the vaccination mandate is consistent with the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, as well as Canada’s obligations in the area of human rights.”

It says the mandate was necessary to “safeguard” the transportation system.

Free to Fly, an advocacy group of aviation professionals and passengers affected by the vaccine mandates, welcomed the legal action.

“Justice needs to be seen, to be done, and we’re committed to that and to ensuring what happened to employees across this nation never happens again,” says the group’s co-founder Greg Hill.

“This is a battle on many fronts and we’re quick to point out that a rising tide floats all boats, so gains on one front will benefit the majority.”

New WestJet CEO Against Restrictions

The federal government’s vaccine mandates for air travellers and transportation workers came into force in October 2021 and was suspended in June.

“Vaccination is our best way out of this pandemic, and more than 98 per cent of our workforce self-declared their full-vaccination intent prior to the implementation of these policies,” said then WestJet CEO Ed Sims in an Oct. 22 statement.

Alexis von Hoensbroech replaced Sims as CEO in February and soon after started publicly criticizing federal restrictions.

He questioned the mask requirement in March, and then the travel vaccine mandate in May. Von Hoensbroech released a statement in late September to welcome the lifting of the remaining border restrictions on Oct. 1.

“We are relieved our guests can finally travel with additional confidence and certainty, knowing they can make decisions that are the best for them, and their travel plans won’t be interrupted,” said von Hoensbroech.

Air Canada also commented on the issue and said the government’s measures “were not justified by science.”

The government itself admitted during travel mandate legal proceedings to having little data on the impact of vaccination on in-flight viral transmission and its own research indicated that risk to be low.

DonTomas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DonTomas »

Nothing was based on science and it’s all coming out now.

They admitted (Pfizer) that they didn’t know if their product would stop transmission.

The whole point of “workplace safety” is to stop transmission and these products didn’t.

https://twitter.com/Rob_Roos/status/157 ... frame.html

Mark Twain
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

DonTomas wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:56 am Nothing was based on science and it’s all coming out now.

They admitted (Pfizer) that they didn’t know if their product would stop transmission.

The whole point of “workplace safety” is to stop transmission and these products didn’t.

Is any vaccine tested for that? This was not a lie from the drug company. This was turds like Trudeau making shit up. I knew before the vax was created that a vaccine is not designed to stop transmission. However if it prevents disease then a side effect to that is you can't transmit a disease you don't have.

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
DonTomas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DonTomas »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:02 am
DonTomas wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:56 am Nothing was based on science and it’s all coming out now.

Is any vaccine tested for that? This was not a lie from the drug company. This was turds like Trudeau making shit up. I knew before the vax was created that a vaccine is not designed to stop transmission. However if it prevents disease then a side effect to that is you can't transmit a disease you don't have.
The point being if a vaccinated person can transmit the virus to others just like an unvaccinated person can, why do the unvaccinated lose their job and get treated like second class citizens? It should be a personal health choice, and no, it doesn’t prevent disease or spread.

Mark Twain
TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

DonTomas wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:09 am
The point being if a vaccinated person can transmit the virus to others just like an unvaccinated person can, why do the unvaccinated lose their job and get treated like second class citizens? It should be a personal health choice, and no, it doesn’t prevent disease or spread.
You are correct, a sober driver can hurt or kill someone with his car, what you cannot do is put On part his road performances versus a drunk one. Even if they are both drivers driving the same kind of car in the same area.
(Don't get triggered, it is just a rough sample to convey the idea of statistics)

It is not my call and never will be but yes, I am for the vaccin ban to be lifted and be a personal choice.....Now.
Now that this pandemic subsided and this virus mutated in the right direction which wasn't the case initially.

You guys can keep your heads buried in the sand as to why it subsided :mrgreen:

Return to “Covid”