COVID Boosters every 9 months announced

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: COVID Boosters every 9 months announced

Post by BE02 Driver »

Bingo Fuel wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:30 pm
GhostRider6 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:06 pm I welcome these mandates personally.
There is no fourth dose mandate. People are free to choose to get them, or not.
There are still mandates. Plenty of people not permitted back to work, and some workplaces are imposing booster mandates. Just because you are subject to them, doesn't mean other people are not. Maybe you should start standing up for people's rights? Or maybe supporting medical fascism is easier when it doesn't affect you? I mean....

First they came for the Anti-vaxxers
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a Anti-vaxxer
Then they came for the Truckers
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a Trucker
Then they came for the Conservatives
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a Conservative
Then they came for me
And there was no one left
To speak out for me
---------- ADS -----------

GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GhostRider6 »

BE02 Driver wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:43 am
Bingo Fuel wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:30 pm
GhostRider6 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:06 pm I welcome these mandates personally.
There is no fourth dose mandate. People are free to choose to get them, or not.
There are still mandates. Plenty of people not permitted back to work, and some workplaces are imposing booster mandates. Just because you are subject to them, doesn't mean other people are not. Maybe you should start standing up for people's rights? Or maybe supporting medical fascism is easier when it doesn't affect you? I mean....

And I did not speak out
And I did not speak out
And I did not speak out
Then they came for me
To speak out for me

Medical fascism? Really?

The millennial generation has no clue what hard or oppression actually is.

It’s a itty bitty whittle needle !

It’s called social responsibility!?

You have a duty to protect others, save lives and prevent transmission. Period.

If you can’t comprehend that you’re far gone…

I bet you believe in all that WEF/ Davos gobbledygook too.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

Who decides what social responsibility looks like? Is this up to government? Churches? Do people get to vote on it?

Probably lots of things you do on a daily basis that are not socially responsible. Do you ever drive 20 over a speed limit? Who is less responsible you or the person who doesn't want a vaccine that doesn't prevent transmission.

Why don't we have a mandate that anyone who has ever had a speeding ticket can no longer drive to work? All the socially irresponsible people can be kept off the road and we can save lives. Seems reasonable to me.

I'm more worried about shit drivers on the road than people who won't take a covid vaccine. Why doesn't Trudeau protect me from them? Ban them from driving!

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GhostRider6 »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:51 am Who decides what social responsibility looks like? Is this up to government? Churches? Do people get to vote on it?

Probably lots of things you do on a daily basis that are not socially responsible. Do you ever drive 20 over a speed limit? Who is less responsible you or the person who doesn't want a vaccine that doesn't prevent transmission.

Why don't we have a mandate that anyone who has ever had a speeding ticket can no longer drive to work? All the socially irresponsible people can be kept off the road and we can save lives. Seems reasonable to me.

I'm more worried about shit drivers on the road than people who won't take a covid vaccine. Why doesn't Trudeau protect me from them? Ban them from driving!

The government which is informed by science should decide. I’m some cases, no people shouldn’t have a vote. Also, we did have a vote when we elected Trudeau … the majority of Canadians wanted a government that backed science, facts and data.

No, I do not drive over the speed limit. If you are doing 61 in a 60 you are speeding and should get a ticket… let alone 20 km/h. I agree if you are over the speed limit as I described and demonstrate that you cannot follow the rules you should lose your license. Agreed:

People who got the vaccine have demonstrated that they save lives, care about others and trust science. They ( the vaccinated) have demonstrated selflessness and the ability to be good/ wonderful citizens. We also kept society running, businesses running and this kept people employed / fed by keeping supply chains running.

By comparison : the unvaccinated refused to work, refused to care about others, refused to trust the experts and have demonstrated and inability to follow basic mores of society.

It’s sad that we’ve had to face that these people exist amongst us.

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

Man, how many alt accounts does this guy have? The trolling is just obvious at this point.

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GhostRider6 »

Bingo Fuel wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:59 am Man, how many alt accounts does this guy have? The trolling is just obvious at this point.

No. Not trolling. I have underlying health conditions and I appreciated these restrictions/ these mandates as they kept me safe.

COVID is here to stay … we’ve gotten this far as a country and yes we’ve made some sacrifices along the way…

Some of us made the right choices and banded together as a team.

Also, Why stop before the finish line after everything we’ve done?

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

And I did not speak out
And I did not speak out
And I did not speak out
Then they came for me
To speak out for me
You stand up for people's rights? Are you going to stand up for Indigenous land claims? Police brutality against visible minorities? No. You only stand up for those who share your ideals.

The decision to remain unvaccinated is a personal choice, unlike the situations I've just mentioned. You seem to feel that unvaccinated people should not be responsible for the consequences of their choices. They are free to have a different risk assessment, but they also know the consequences of their decisions.

Unless personal responsibility is just for people you disagree with.

I remember back in the early days of COVID. People like you claimed that we shouldn't let the personal choices of the fat, unhealthy immunocompromised people affect our freedom. Nevermind the fact that many people were immunocompromised because of health outcomes beyond their control.

No, the anti-mandate crowd said the immunocompromised need to take personal responsibility for their choices, so the rest of us can be "free". I merely apply the same logic to the unvaccinated. If you have a valid medical reason, get an exemption. Otherwise, take responsibility for your choices.

You can't have it both ways

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Hey ghostrider I suppose you support the decision on roe vs wade down south then. We need gov to tell us what is socially responsible and people should have no vote or say. 🤷🏼

Everyone is ok with gov rules until its a rule they don't agree with.

Not sure I agree that gov always gets it right and knows the science.

GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GhostRider6 »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:24 am Hey ghostrider I suppose you support the decision on roe vs wade down south then. We need gov to tell us what is socially responsible and people should have no vote or say. 🤷🏼

I do not support the Roe V Wade decision in the south.

A woman’s right to bodily autonomy has nothing to do with a global emergency /deadly pandemic. The two aren’t even comparable.

You refusing to vaccinate puts everyone in danger around you ..you can give the virus to someone like myself with underlying conditions. Your decision impacts everyone.

Also, If you wind up in the hospital you can take up a bed from someone who needs it.

Also, you did have the ability to exercise bodily autonomy. Many choose to be vaccinated .. nobody forced anyone.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

GhostRider6 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:53 am
WellThatAgedWell wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:24 am Hey ghostrider I suppose you support the decision on roe vs wade down south then. We need gov to tell us what is socially responsible and people should have no vote or say. 🤷🏼

I do not support the Roe V Wade decision in the south.

A woman’s right to bodily autonomy has nothing to do with a global emergency /deadly pandemic. The two aren’t even comparable.

You refusing to vaccinate puts everyone in danger around you ..you can give the virus to someone like myself with underlying conditions. Your decision impacts everyone.

Also, If you wind up in the hospital you can take up a bed from someone who needs it.

Also, you did have the ability to exercise bodily autonomy. Many choose to be vaccinated .. nobody forced anyone.
You said the gov is responsible to decide what is socially responsible. That's what you get with your logic.

Gov does not care your thoughts on one issue to the next. When you say the government should have authority to make rules, you get all the rules that come with it like them or not.

You even said we should not be able to vote on it or have a say. You don't believe in a democratic process to decide law. You think corrupt government always has our best interests because apparently they follow "science".

Don't forget. Only 15 percent of the 37 million Canadians voted for liberals. Is that democracy working?

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

Bingo Fuel wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:14 am

And I did not speak out
And I did not speak out
And I did not speak out
Then they came for me
To speak out for me
You stand up for people's rights? Are you going to stand up for Indigenous land claims? Police brutality against visible minorities? No. You only stand up for those who share your ideals.

The decision to remain unvaccinated is a personal choice, unlike the situations I've just mentioned. You seem to feel that unvaccinated people should not be responsible for the consequences of their choices. They are free to have a different risk assessment, but they also know the consequences of their decisions.

Unless personal responsibility is just for people you disagree with.

I remember back in the early days of COVID. People like you claimed that we shouldn't let the personal choices of the fat, unhealthy immunocompromised people affect our freedom. Nevermind the fact that many people were immunocompromised because of health outcomes beyond their control.

No, the anti-mandate crowd said the immunocompromised need to take personal responsibility for their choices, so the rest of us can be "free". I merely apply the same logic to the unvaccinated. If you have a valid medical reason, get an exemption. Otherwise, take responsibility for your choices.

You can't have it both ways
You know nothing about what I support. Great work trying to squeeze me in to an architype and straw man me to death. It's all you have when your logic fails, it is, and you are pathetic. Judging by your follow up posts it's not my body my choice with a vaccine, but if I want to murder another human life, well geeee that's swell. You should change your name to Osmium.

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

Why yes, I do believe in personal choice. But I also believe in consequences and personal responsibility.

DonTomas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DonTomas »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:51 am Who decides what social responsibility looks like? Is this up to government? Churches? Do people get to vote on it?

You can’t reason with some people. They bought into the fear irrational narrative PSYOP and their brains prevent them from exercising self thought and common sense, that’s if they ever had any. COVID has become a cult, the sheep will be sheep. Put the energy on waking up the lions, it’s too late for many.

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Mark Twain
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-01453-0

The above article says vaccines don't really show much efficacy in preventing long covid. But listen to the health ministers rational for booster every 9 months. At 1:10 he says we need to be up to date to prevent long covid. What science is he following to make this statement? You would think this long into this they could come up with some better arguments especially when what he is saying is controversial and clearly some experts have made different opinions.

Maybe before you make statements to 37 million Canadians you should do your homework and come up with a more compelling argument.

DonTomas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DonTomas »

You mean we shouldn’t listen to the Minister of Health who is an economist?

Maybe we shouldn’t listen to the Finance Minister (who is a journalist) either..

The experts running the show under the drama teacher’s watchful eye

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Mark Twain
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Does anyone believe this level of corruption exists only in the liberal party? Here is Doug ford handing out huge raises in the “conservative” party.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/f ... ar-AAZ2omc

This is the guy that froze nurses pay to maximum 1 percent pay increases before a pandemic. Ouch! Weird when he was slashing Toronto city hall saying we need to make cuts to spending on councillors. Now he has big plans to build a highway, which of course is going to benefit his developer buddies.

Point is it’s all corruption. To bad Ontario voted for this guy who is just as corrupt as our liberal gov. During a time where he created policies that induced inflation he is offering a 6 cent a litre tax break to the people of Ontario as a pat on the shoulder, and handing out 16 k raises to his pals! Good job ford!

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Canadians disapprove of Justin Trudeau’s job as prime minister and feel he is divisive, national opinion survey says

https://nationalpost.com/news/canadians ... urvey-says

Trudeau’s response: (sic)

“This poll is fake news and hateful. The creators of this poll will be investigated for hate crimes and have their bank accounts frozen. It was answered solely by conservative homophobic misogynistic racists with unacceptable views. We as tolerant Liberal - only voting Canadians vow to stamp out this hate wherever we find it.”

How's that?

Won’t see this poll anywhere on CBC. Oh no, not on the Canadian Propaganda Network.

Here’s a lead story instead — Comrade. https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conser ... -1.6519734

And hey — LibTard voting TROLLS. Don’t you dare comment on my language that MY Pm has used to label a huge swath of Canadians. He started the divisive course Canada is now on.

Got a problem, call your MP.

Return to “Covid”