Pet Peeves?

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Pet Peeves?

Post by flyinhigh »

digits_ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:47 pm Actually some people wear prescription sunglasses. It's not always easy to switch back to regular glasses. Sometimes you leave the plane with sunglasses, and only realise in the terminal you are still wearing them. Your regular glasses are back in the plane. Do you quickly go to the washroom with your sunglasses, or run back to the plane through the crowded jet bridge to get them?
I thought you've been around long enough to know which type of glasses you are wearing? If you can remember a memory drill you haven't had to look up in a month while operating, I am sure you can remember which set of glasses are on your face when you surly change them out a couple times a day.
---------- ADS -----------

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

flyinhigh wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:44 am
digits_ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:47 pm Actually some people wear prescription sunglasses. It's not always easy to switch back to regular glasses. Sometimes you leave the plane with sunglasses, and only realise in the terminal you are still wearing them. Your regular glasses are back in the plane. Do you quickly go to the washroom with your sunglasses, or run back to the plane through the crowded jet bridge to get them?
I thought you've been around long enough to know which type of glasses you are wearing? If you can remember a memory drill you haven't had to look up in a month while operating, I am sure you can remember which set of glasses are on your face when you surly change them out a couple times a day.
Let me guess, you don't wear subscription glasses? :wink:

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

digits_ wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:56 am Let me guess, you don't wear subscription glasses? :wink:
Nope, but my retina is an irregular shape which allows excess light in and actually hurts the head alot so I am the guy that has to wear sunglasses when the normal person does not, yet I remember to take them off whenever I leave the flight deck.

NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

digits_ wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:56 am
I’m curious about where and how to get a glasses subscription!?

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

NotDirty! wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:51 am
digits_ wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:56 am

I’m curious about where and how to get a glasses subscription!?
Yeah yeah. Ya got me. :wink: I saw my mistake as well in the quote.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

Pet peeve: When somebody says "you have to pay your dues... I did," in response to "pay is crap in Canada and I can't afford rent this month."

Greasy Greaser
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Greasy Greaser »

goingmissed wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:02 am Pet peeve: When somebody says "you have to pay your dues... I did," in response to "pay is crap in Canada and I can't afford rent this month."
I'm surprised anyone still says this, "paying dues" was okay when you made 7k a month in the 90s flying a single engine haha, now...you'll go further up north (or south) and make 3.5k a month pre tax if you're lucky.

Lose != Loose

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”