Jazz pilot schedule?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

pitottubey
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Jazz pilot schedule?

Post by pitottubey »

flyingcanuck wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:40 pm
lidi wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:49 pm Hello aviators

What is a typical pilot schedule at Jazz look like?
How many days are you on duty? I hear you can be on the road longer or if you want be home most nights.

Thanks again for your assistance
min12 days off a month. Junior reserve lately has been busy, if you have some seniority you can maybe get 13-14 days off. Single and two day pairings typically go fairly senior so expect to be gone alot. The only guys that get alot of time at home do training in the sim really.
how many years of seniority until you can be a sim trainer?
---------- ADS -----------

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Outlaw58 »

pitottubey wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:35 pm

How many days are you on duty? I hear you can be on the road longer or if you want be home most nights.

min12 days off a month. Junior reserve lately has been busy, if you have some seniority you can maybe get 13-14 days off. Single and two day pairings typically go fairly senior so expect to be gone alot. The only guys that get alot of time at home do training in the sim really.
Once you have completed your first recurrent, as long as you did not have any training issues during your initial and recurrent, you can submit an application to the training department as a TP (Sim trainer).

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

No seniority, only need to do 1 recurrent PPC and no failures I believe. However that being said it also is based on other qualifications, they don’t just take anyone

jpilot77
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jpilot77 »

For the OP, does Jazz have sims in YYC? He seemed to want to be in YYC and back every night.

Welcome to Redneck Airlines. We might not get you there but we'll get you close!
rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

jpilot77 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:43 pm
For the OP, does Jazz have sims in YYC? He seemed to want to be in YYC and back every night.
YVR/YYZ only. Special deal for francophone instructors based in YUL due no local sims.

pitottubey
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pitottubey »

Ya im realizing that being home every night in YYC will be a challenge. Im fine with YYZ if theres lots more opportunity and sim/management positions
I am an ex flight instructor so that could help a bit becoming a sim trainer. from the sounds of it you can be a sim trainer after only about 4-6 years in Jazz

Droho774
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Droho774 »

That is incorrect there have been numerous sim instructors who have been employeed for less then one year. The current training department will be gutted once flow to ac starts. One quit, and there are numerous trainers waiting on their number to be called to go to ac.

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

Like Encore/Westjet, Jazz/AC needs to find a solution to this exodus.
Why not flow to AC but keep them current at Jazz so they can do training? Like 12 days at AC and 6 days at Jazz?
I'm sure everybody is looking for a solution.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

kiaszceski wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:43 am Like Encore/Westjet, Jazz/AC needs to find a solution to this exodus.
Why not flow to AC but keep them current at Jazz so they can do training? Like 12 days at AC and 6 days at Jazz?
Offer a greater inventive for those that are not leaving to join the training dept.

Better schedule. More $$. POS commute to training facility.

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

kiaszceski wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:43 am Like Encore/Westjet, Jazz/AC needs to find a solution to this exodus.
There are rumors

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”