first Cat 2 medical and ADHD diagnosis

Read and post topics related to aviation medicals, health and fitness in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

bb9999
Rank 1
Rank 1

first Cat 2 medical and ADHD diagnosis

Post by bb9999 »

I think I may have messed up here

So I applied to ATC 3 years ago but just recently got my offer. During COVID a walkin doctor diagnosed me with ADHD at age 24 (a little under 2 years ago)

I was taking medication (vayvanse) for it. Around March/April 2022 I stopped taking the medication because the side effects were becoming annoying. Since then (and before I was diagnosed even) I have been function fine. I still however am still prescribed the medication since it was a walk in clinic I never bothered to call the doctor again to cancel it.

Now that I got an ATC offer and have to do the medical I am realizing how this is potentially disqualifying.

I genuinely do think I was misdiagnosed which is why I stopped taking the medication but I don't think TC would just take my word for that.

What is the best way to go about this? I'm hoping the answer isn't to throw away my hope of getting a Cat 2 medical.
---------- ADS -----------

ZBBYLW
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: first Cat 2 medical and ADHD diagnosis

Post by ZBBYLW »

This is a tough situation. If you can get refered to a clinical psychiatrist and hammer out the diagnosis/treatment/non treatment first it may help you out.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Health & Fitness”