Environmental activists deflate tires in Victoria BC

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

Environmental activists deflate tires in Victoria BC

Post by GhostRider6 »

https://globalnews.ca/news/9029267/envi ... egion/amp/

I’m not necessarily For illegal action which this is on the border of … it would certainly be inconvenient .

With that said, these days there’s no reason to own an SUV/ Pickup / vehicle in a metropolitan area. There’s transit etc. I agree that it’s likely a vanity issue.

There’s significant evidence of climate crisis this year :

Tornadoes on the prairies, heatwaves in BC, severe storms in Ontario, wildfires, UK heatwaves
---------- ADS -----------

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Environmental activists deflate tires in Victoria BC

Post by digits_ »

GhostRider6 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:05 pm https://globalnews.ca/news/9029267/envi ... egion/amp/

I’m not necessarily For illegal action which this is on the border of … it would certainly be inconvenient .

With that said, these days there’s no reason to own an SUV/ Pickup / vehicle in a metropolitan area. There’s transit etc. I agree that it’s likely a vanity issue.

Tornadoes on the prairies, heatwaves in BC, severe storms in Ontario, wildfires, UK heatwaves
So? What stuff people buy doesn't have a vanity issue?

Don't touch other people's stuff. Go into politics if you want to control what other people can and can not do.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

GhostRider6 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:05 pm https://globalnews.ca/news/9029267/envi ... egion/amp/

So if a contractor lives in the city they can’t have a truck to do their job? Or a large family can’t have an SUV to haul their family around? What kind of drugs are you on man? PS. Tornadoes, Forest fires heatwaves happened before the advent of SUVs. Take your eco nazi crap and jump off a cliff.

Let’s Go Brandon
DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

I have a truck. It pulls a trailer. I use it to renovate houses so that I can afford to live. I live in the downtown of Canada's 4th largest city. There doesn't exist a platform for me to do my job in any other way.

This thread is predicated on a very closed-minded, ignorant, and judgemental opinion.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

I live outside Canada’s biggest city.

Yes, I can and do, work at home. I drive a minivan.

Countless times I had to drive downtown, for cancer treatments for my daughter. Sometimes, many times, as an emergency, in the middle of the night.

But your climate activists don’t think, about people’s daily lives.

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

Neither COVID, nor aviation.

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.

Return to “Covid”