YVR In-Person Assessment Update!

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Iwillbecomeanatc
Rank 0
Rank 0

YVR In-Person Assessment Update!

Post by Iwillbecomeanatc »

Hey All! Any updates from you guys who took the in-person assessments this June or July? Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Potatopotato
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: YVR In-Person Assessment Update!

Post by Potatopotato »

I just got an email saying I have to go to surrey to do a 1/2 day interview thing. Problem is, that I drove down to LA. I just got packed and I’m gonna attempt to make the drive Without sleeping. I thought we were supposed to do a 2 day thing before the interview. Did it change?

Aguaymanto
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Aguaymanto »

I haven't done any in person assessments yet, but I'm going to one tomorrow! They call it a panel interview but I've already done a zoom interview (in May) so not really sure what's in store.

You might be talking about the FEAST though, which I did back in February 2020 (perfect timing for that one :D)

Aguaymanto
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Aguaymanto »

Potatopotato wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:29 am I just got an email saying I have to go to surrey to do a 1/2 day interview thing. Problem is, that I drove down to LA. I just got packed and I’m gonna attempt to make the drive Without sleeping. I thought we were supposed to do a 2 day thing before the interview. Did it change?
They've changed it to a 1/2 day now. My guess the reason for that is that they've already done the interview so they're just doing the other portion of it. What the other portion is, is pretty unclear but I've read that there are some group type activities that are done. Don't take my word for it though it's pretty hard to get any info about it.

Did you just get invited to it this week? Hopefully you'll have time to rest a bit beforehand after driving all that way as the only advice I've seen is to get a good rest the night before.

kaye.boe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kaye.boe »

Finished FEAST mid-June and the interview end of June. Still waiting for results on the interview though (running on 4 weeks + 1 day now). I'm hoping it'll be close enough to catch the current Panel Interviews that are happening. 😅

Potatopotato
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Potatopotato »

kaye.boe wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:10 pm Finished FEAST mid-June and the interview end of June. Still waiting for results on the interview though (running on 4 weeks + 1 day now). I'm hoping it'll be close enough to catch the current Panel Interviews that are happening. 😅
I think I was in that same round of the feast. For my group, they said the next round of assessment would be in September (that’s why I went to LA) but I guess not? All I can think of is that someone cancelled 2 days before and they offered me the spot.

kaye.boe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kaye.boe »

Potatopotato wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:50 pm
kaye.boe wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:10 pm Finished FEAST mid-June and the interview end of June. Still waiting for results on the interview though (running on 4 weeks + 1 day now). I'm hoping it'll be close enough to catch the current Panel Interviews that are happening. 😅
I think I was in that same round of the feast. For my group, they said the next round of assessment would be in September (that’s why I went to LA) but I guess not? All I can think of is that someone cancelled 2 days before and they offered me the spot.
Wait you wrote the FEAST in mid June? Not a good sign for me about not finding out my interview results then. 😪

Iwillbecomeanatc
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Iwillbecomeanatc »

@kaye.boe what stream were you interviewed for? I got the email saying that I got Streamed FSS. Very thankful that I have passed and now waiting for an interview, but oh boy, relocating will not work for me right now. Specially after seeing the locations for FIC or AAS. Relocating for FSS makes it a really tough decision.

kaye.boe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kaye.boe »

Iwillbecomeanatc wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:25 am @kaye.boe what stream were you interviewed for? I got the email saying that I got Streamed FSS. Very thankful that I have passed and now waiting for an interview, but oh boy, relocating will not work for me right now. Specially after seeing the locations for FIC or AAS. Relocating for FSS makes it a really tough decision.
Oh I see. That might be the difference. I achieved the minimum mark for ATS and FSS, preference for ATC so hopefully I'm in that pool.

kaye.boe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kaye.boe »

Last edited by kaye.boe on Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stabilizedapproach
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by stabilizedapproach »

kaye.boe wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:57 pm So if we haven't heard anything about interview results in over 5 weeks, do we just assume it's not a good sign? =/
The hardest part about the application is the patience required.

You'll hear something whether you're successful or not.

Aguaymanto
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Aguaymanto »

kaye.boe wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:57 pm So if we haven't heard anything about interview results in over 5 weeks, do we just assume it's not a good sign? =/
Took about 6 weeks to hear back from mine! I've found if you double the time frame they say it's more accurate :)

In the 1/2 day thing recently they said 'a couple weeks' to hear about results and in my head I was like ok so minimum a month, haha.

Definitely a lot of patience is required. Good luck!

banana7
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by banana7 »

Anyone know when the next half-day assessments will be? Passed the video interview & trying to get an idea of how long it could be.

kaye.boe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kaye.boe »

Found out I passed yesterday too! No change on workday, but now waiting for bootcamp.

kaye.boe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kaye.boe »

Invited to the half day panel interview for YVR!! :D

banana7
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by banana7 »

Same! Booked my panel interview in YVR for end of Sept

kaye.boe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kaye.boe »

Panel Interview/Assessment done. Anyone that completed it in Aug/Sept already receive their results? Was provided the 8-12 week timeline, but trying to gauge if it might be sooner. :)

Also, does anyone else's application under "Job Req" say "ATS NTL"? I figured they would have specified my application in YVR by now?

TIA!

alphy89
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by alphy89 »

Yay!

Last edited by alphy89 on Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lizaintheair
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lizaintheair »

kaye.boe wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:37 am Panel Interview/Assessment done. Anyone that completed it in Aug/Sept already receive their results? Was provided the 8-12 week timeline, but trying to gauge if it might be sooner. :)

Also, does anyone else's application under "Job Req" say "ATS NTL"? I figured they would have specified my application in YVR by now?

TIA!
In the same boat and hoping for any response!!

alphy89
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by alphy89 »

I'm guessing they are able to give course offers in facilities outside of your application geographic area, ie. another side of the country, if they deem you are fit for training and interviewees in those areas do not meet the criteria

Last edited by alphy89 on Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”