Class 3 Upgrade Application

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

praveen4143
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Class 3 Upgrade Application

Post by praveen4143 »

digits_ wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:25 am
praveen4143 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:11 am Maybe my anger on that post wasn’t justified but I stand by the opinion that there’s just way too many places to look for things and too many people to ask and get way too many varied opinions when dealing with TC.
The alternative can actually be much worse. With the current set up you can contact a different region if the answer of one region is incorrect.

In smaller countries, you often have one guy deciding pretty much everything, often straying away from what's legally required and interpreting it the way he thinks it should be.
I’m not talking about a totalitarian approach. I’m just saying that if someone gets a clarification from a TC inspector in one region, then post it somewhere that TC inspectors and other holders of aviation roles from other regions from a different region can see what the resolution or clarification is so we don’t all have to ask the same damn questions over and over again and hear different things from different people. Just asking for uniformity across regions and sub regions.
---------- ADS -----------

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

praveen4143 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:51 am
praveen4143 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:11 am Maybe my anger on that post wasn’t justified but I stand by the opinion that there’s just way too many places to look for things and too many people to ask and get way too many varied opinions when dealing with TC.
The alternative can actually be much worse. With the current set up you can contact a different region if the answer of one region is incorrect.

In smaller countries, you often have one guy deciding pretty much everything, often straying away from what's legally required and interpreting it the way he thinks it should be.
I’m not talking about a totalitarian approach. I’m just saying that if someone gets a clarification from a TC inspector in one region, then post it somewhere that TC inspectors and other holders of aviation roles from other regions from a different region can see what the resolution or clarification is so we don’t all have to ask the same damn questions over and over again and hear different things from different people. Just asking for uniformity across regions and sub regions.
You're only focusing on the negative aspect of this.
The upside is you can ask/email multiple people at TC until one gives you the answer you're looking for. If you have it in writing, you're quite well protected.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
praveen4143
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by praveen4143 »

digits_ wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:15 am

The upside is you can ask/email multiple people at TC until one gives you the answer you're looking for. If you have it in writing, you're quite well protected.
Except when you are assigned a POI who determines your fate.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

praveen4143 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:55 pm

Why would your POI get involved in an instructor upgrade?

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
praveen4143
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by praveen4143 »

photofly wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:57 pm
praveen4143 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:55 pm
Why would your POI get involved in an instructor upgrade?
That was an example for confusion regarding interpretation of regulations. I was talking a bit more in general, and yes it was a bit of thread drift on my part, so apologies on that front.

Return to “Flight Training”