Quiet Quitting.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Shotgun Chuck McCoy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Quiet Quitting.

Post by Shotgun Chuck McCoy »

That 2 pilot/one managed plane corporate life was mine too. After 20 years in aviation it finally got me to the point of quitting… not all that quietly. I simply didn’t understand how they expected us to come to work ready and rested with the constant threat of a deployment, even after just getting back from a week away, and all the while on the phone and computer providing info to help quote trips etc. All for mediocre wages and minimal benefits.

I tried to convince them a third pilot would help everyone. No joy.

I did it to myself, so I chose to get out and do something better for myself and family.

Best of luck to all you out there. May things change for the better.

SCM
---------- ADS -----------

What!??! Who said that?!?!
vanislepilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Quiet Quitting.

Post by vanislepilot »

Oh boy do I remember being one of two pilots for one airplane between Nov 2019-Aug 2020. It was literally the absolute worst possible situation to be in, 24/7 they can call you. Anywhere you went it was in the back of your head that they can literally do with you as they please. Worst part was I didn't know I was signing up for it as they promised schedules and what not. Naive 400 hr pilot me. I was absolutely ecstatic when I got laid off from this job and vowed to never work in that environment again.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “General Comments”