Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

powerbrian
Rank 2
Rank 2

King Air Training

Post by powerbrian »

Good Afternoon,

I operate a King Air 100 privately in SK. With regards to aircraft currency, can I do my PCC check ride in a king air 200 sim? What I have read in the cars is that a similar type is required as long as a differences course is incorporated. This is not a type rating and so I'm under the impression that the PCC can be done in this sim. Does anyone have any insight? Thanks.

Brian
---------- ADS -----------

RoAF-Mig21
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: King Air Training

Post by RoAF-Mig21 »

I recommend two things:

1. Contact Transport Canada. They have all the answers in regards to legal requirements.

2. Talk to Flight Safety International. I met a few guys in Wichita doing their training for the B200 and they were the owners. I'm not sure what type of operation they were running (business, or private flying), but none the less, they can give you answers.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Don't forget talk to your insurance broker to see what they need as well.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

powerbrian wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:57 am Good Afternoon,

I operate a King Air 100 privately in SK. With regards to aircraft currency, can I do my PCC check ride in a king air 200 sim? What I have read in the cars is that a similar type is required as long as a differences course is incorporated. This is not a type rating and so I'm under the impression that the PCC can be done in this sim. Does anyone have any insight? Thanks.

Brian
I think the only way TC will allow you to do that is if you were to group a 100 and 200 PPC together, you could do the ride on a 200 sim every second year, but you'd still need training on the 100. If it's just for insurance though I could see you doing sim training on the 200 to meet the requirement with a differences course on the 100. When AB health first started requiring sim training they let us do King Air 90 sim in YXX at CP Advanced flight, it was a complete piece of junk sim with partial movement and no visuals, but it met the requirement for a similar type at the time.

Does Simcom not have their 100 sims anymore?

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”