ArriveCan to be optional, other COVID travel measures gone in weeks?

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

ArriveCan to be optional, other COVID travel measures gone in weeks?

Post by rookiepilot »

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis ... e-in-weeks

Masks optional.

So no more FA’s screaming / threatening pax with police meeting the plane, when their mask slips an inch mid flight?

Ahead of these changes I’m confident the airline knew were coming? The above was precisely the scene on my last long flight with a Canadian carrier.

Did the science change recently?

Or isn’t it science at all?

“If the COVID situation was so dire over the summer months — also Canada’s busiest travel season — then why loosen them as we head into the fall as cases inevitably rise?

Some political watchers are calling it the “Poilievre factor,” noting Pierre Poilievre’s recent election as leader of the Conservative Party. Poilievre promised to get rid of ArriveCan during his victory speech last Saturday night, a moment that drew thunderous applause.

While the Trudeau government would be loath to admit it, Poilievre’s victory quite likely is a consideration, along with the ongoing pressure from border communities and travel groups.”
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by rookiepilot on Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonTomas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: ArriveCan to be optional, other COVID travel measures gone in weeks?

Post by DonTomas »

And just like that, Biden declared the pandemic over.

How quickly things are changing… wonder why?

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/09/18/poli ... index.html

I would have posted a better source, but the sheep here will shit on me so I gave them CNN this one time.

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Mark Twain
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

DonTomas wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:33 pm And just like that, Biden declared the pandemic over.

How quickly things are changing… wonder why?

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/09/18/poli ... index.html

I would have posted a better source, but the sheep here will shit on me so I gave them CNN this one time.
Excuse me?

An infectious disease expert believes Ontario's decision to lift COVID-19 isolation rules will trigger a "massive eighth wave" as children head back to school next week.

2 weeks ago. Did it change in 2 weeks? Which expert do I listen to?

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.6050428

DonTomas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DonTomas »

The (political) $cience is dynamic in nature. Trust the $cience and don’t question anything. Cause that’s how $cience works, and if you don’t believe it you are racist!

Mark Twain
TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

rookiepilot wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:25 pm https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis ... e-in-weeks

Masks optional.

So no more FA’s screaming / threatening pax with police meeting the plane, when their mask slips an inch mid flight?

Ahead of these changes I’m confident the airline knew were coming? The above was precisely the scene on my last long flight with a Canadian carrier.

Did the science change recently?

Or isn’t it science at all?

“If the COVID situation was so dire over the summer months — also Canada’s busiest travel season — then why loosen them as we head into the fall as cases inevitably rise?

Some political watchers are calling it the “Poilievre factor,” noting Pierre Poilievre’s recent election as leader of the Conservative Party. Poilievre promised to get rid of ArriveCan during his victory speech last Saturday night, a moment that drew thunderous applause.

While the Trudeau government would be loath to admit it, Poilievre’s victory quite likely is a consideration, along with the ongoing pressure from border communities and travel groups.”
About time yes!
And no, science didn't change recently. To quote someone else: "Covid hasn't simply vanished, only abated"

A little reminder below for the "know it all" anti-vax crowd :mrgreen:
https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com

DonTomas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DonTomas »

TG and the likes of lemmings just can’t accept that they were fooled into taking some crap juice that didn’t work. Don’t worry buddy, you’ll be busy with the next plandemic/crisis, spreading fear and government propaganda. Take a break for now, you need a well deserved break.

PS: Nice website lol, almost as credible as Rumble

Mark Twain
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

Biden declares pandemic over and delivers a recession to celebrate.

Did the pervert teacher Ryan have anything to say on Twitter. Did he use his high school math expertise to prove Biden wrong, and tell Canadians the pandemic is not over! We must not listen to America! We must mask….FOREVER!

I the dems just have to much on their hands right now to not give up on the pandemic. News media needs to remained focused, we can’t have Covid, a recession, and also explain why dem nimby’s are sending illegal immigrants away in blue states. Why are democrats all of a sudden border wall building racists?

It’s to hard to juggle all this bad press, we need a feel good story…. Pandemic is over! Vote Biden again he saved the world!

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

Great news.
Now can we hire back the thousands of nurses that were unfairly sacked because they refused to take an experimental injection that didn’t prevent infection or transmission? Cause we could sure use them right now.

What about pilots and FAs ?

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

daedalusx wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:25 am Great news.
Now can we hire back the thousands of nurses that were unfairly sacked because they refused to take an experimental injection that didn’t prevent infection or transmission? Cause we could sure use them right now.

Our unvaxxed pilots and flight attendants are back to work which causes me some relief that I won’t have to take any more clot shots myself at least. If Castreau tries any other “get the vax or else” crap we should all say a resounding NO and let the entire economy come to a screeching halt like he did 2 years ago.

Let’s Go Brandon
daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

Inverted2 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:05 pm
daedalusx wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:25 am Great news.

Our unvaxxed pilots and flight attendants are back to work which causes me some relief that I won’t have to take any more clot shots myself at least. If Castreau tries any other “get the vax or else” crap we should all say a resounding NO and let the entire economy come to a screeching halt like he did 2 years ago.
It’s still unfairly mandated for all 705s airlines for new hires as well as there were some unfair terminations (SWG for example but I’m sure other airlines as well).

Same thing with the nurses, in most provinces except BC and NS, unvaxxed nurses were allowed to go back to work, yet there are still some mandates preventing hiring unvaxxed which is cruel because the 18-40 age bracket is a not risk of Covid yet, 98 more at risk of injuries from the vaxx (Harvard study) and these young professionals are being coerced against their will.
BC still refuses to hire back our 3000s unvaxxed nurses and it has crippled our health care system.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Plus it’s not overly difficult to get fake vax papers these days. The uptake of the Booster Juice is still only about 50% across Canada. Trudeau said that needs to be 85-90% or there will be more restrictions coming, you know because of science. :rolleyes:

Let’s Go Brandon
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Trending on Twitter for many days now.

Not surprisingly. What goes around comes around.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis ... o-campaign

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:25 pm Trending on Twitter for many days now.

Not surprisingly. What goes around comes around.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis ... o-campaign
He’s a Teflon coated snake. Even his distasteful drunken karaoke performance or Queens Bohemian Rhapsody before the Queens funeral likely won’t end him. I don’t know anyone who likes him. I know many who wish horrible things upon him but somehow he gets a free pass every time.

Let’s Go Brandon
'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

U.S. midterms are coming up and apparently pandemic over - it's all BS and has been that way almost from the beginning.

Society is addicted to fear so what's next?

DonTomas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DonTomas »

'97 Tercel wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:28 pm U.S. midterms are coming up and apparently pandemic over - it's all BS and has been that way almost from the beginning.

Society is addicted to fear so what's next?
Climate crisis? Seems reasonable…

Mark Twain
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

STOP THE PRESSES!

Post by rookiepilot »

NOT SO FAST!

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/ ... s-thursday

While multiple reports have indicated the government will scrap the app and the vaccine requirement, sources speaking to the National Post indicate that decision has not been finalized. A decision on whether to suspend the requirement to wear masks on planes and trains is also still up in the air.

Tourism Minister Randy Boissonnault said the government would make the call based on the available science.

“I can’t share any cabinet confidences or what’s taking place right now, but we’re going to continue to follow the science. We’re going to continue to make sure that as we open up the economy we do so in a systematic and respectful way.”

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

There’s still something going around. I definitely wouldn’t let my kids outside.

The best part of paying taxes is when city council spends money on these ads to keep kids safe. Please tax me more, we need to make more commercials. Doug fords bracelet was not enough, and arrivecan won’t catch every Covid case. Please raise our taxes and save us!

DonTomas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: STOP THE PRESSES!

Post by DonTomas »

rookiepilot wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:07 pm NOT SO FAST!

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/ ... s-thursday

While multiple reports have indicated the government will scrap the app and the vaccine requirement, sources speaking to the National Post indicate that decision has not been finalized. A decision on whether to suspend the requirement to wear masks on planes and trains is also still up in the air.

Tourism Minister Randy Boissonnault said the government would make the call based on the available science.

“I can’t share any cabinet confidences or what’s taking place right now, but we’re going to continue to follow the science. We’re going to continue to make sure that as we open up the economy we do so in a systematic and respectful way.”

Attachments
69FC8014-BDB2-410D-A283-A86B0B47ED54.jpeg
69FC8014-BDB2-410D-A283-A86B0B47ED54.jpeg (60.21 KiB) Viewed 1103 times

Mark Twain
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Anyone want a lesson on how to think like a liberal?

This is interesting and all, considering this law:

The Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004 (Public Law 108-212) is a United States law that recognizes an embryo or fetus in utero as a legal victim, if they are injured or killed during the commission of any of over 60 listed federal crimes of violence. The law defines "child in utero" as "a member of the species Homo sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb.”

So my body my choice, except for vaccines mandates… and abortion is cool, and they aren’t real babies if unborn, except when you want to apply unborn victims of violence act.

Is it any wonder the liberals come up with arbitrary rules for Covid. Just get in the liberal brain and soak in hypocrisy.

Return to “Covid”