ACPA LOA?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Stu Pidasso
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: ACPA LOA?

Post by Stu Pidasso »

Unlike most large Airlines, this one has zero respect for the Pilots. Right from the top executives through the entire employee group. I don't think it is as bad as Westjet, but pretty close.

The "Canadian Way" - we are all equal - skill, training, licensing and education mean nothing, unless you are at the Executive / Management level.

I predict when this gets voted down there will be no returning to the table. They have proven how vindictive they can be when the corp doesn't get their way.

Hold the line and hope for a 90% "NO VOTE."
---------- ADS -----------

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Stu Pidasso wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:27 am Unlike most large Airlines, this one has zero respect for the Pilots. Right from the top executives through the entire employee group. I don't think it is as bad as Westjet, but pretty close.

The "Canadian Way" - we are all equal - skill, training, licensing and education mean nothing, unless you are at the Executive / Management level.

I predict when this gets voted down there will be no returning to the table. They have proven how vindictive they can be when the corp doesn't get their way.

Hold the line and hope for a 90% "NO VOTE."
Regardless of the result of the vote, the table is being set for normal course bargaining in 2023.

The outcome of the current MOA ratification vote or any potential MOA 2.0 ratification vote will most certainly affect both the agenda and the tone for normal course bargaining in 2023.

Protonpilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Protonpilot »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:34 am
JJ is a moron, a corporate shill who needs to get the boot in my opinion.
I'm sure the negotiating team for the American Airlines pilots, or the UPS pilots, or the Southwest pilots share your learned opinion. :roll:

You feel you'd be getting completely different advice if we had the E&FA folks from ALPA at the table? You know, the ones that JJ hired and trained?

negative_g
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by negative_g »

Protonpilot wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:44 am
PostmasterGeneral wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:34 am
JJ is a moron, a corporate shill who needs to get the boot in my opinion.
I'm sure the negotiating team for the American Airlines pilots, or the UPS pilots, or the Southwest pilots share your learned opinion. :roll:

You feel you'd be getting completely different advice if we had the E&FA folks from ALPA at the table? You know, the ones that JJ hired and trained?
JJ has a much greater obligation to his American contracts. They pay more, and we are small beans. You think AA or SWA would like it if JJ said "Yeah AC pilots you should be comparable to American pilots!" Of course not. Because then management at SWA and AA will use that against his money maker clients.

Protonpilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Protonpilot »

negative_g wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:03 am JJ has a much greater obligation to his American contracts. They pay more, and we are small beans. You think AA or SWA would like it if JJ said "Yeah AC pilots you should be comparable to American pilots!" Of course not. Because then management at SWA and AA will use that against his money maker clients.
Oh man, keep digging.

I hate to break it to you, but they don't care much south of the border what we make in Canada.

RVR6000
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RVR6000 »

Protonpilot wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:30 pm
negative_g wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:03 am JJ has a much greater obligation to his American contracts. They pay more, and we are small beans. You think AA or SWA would like it if JJ said "Yeah AC pilots you should be comparable to American pilots!" Of course not. Because then management at SWA and AA will use that against his money maker clients.
Oh man, keep digging.

I hate to break it to you, but they don't care much south of the border what we make in Canada.
Yea that’s why they refer to us as ‘the pirates of the Atlantic’ cheapest legacy carrier pilots in the western world.

Company compares us to a LCC and a vacation charter company. And we let them get away with it a decade of Yes voters.

maverick12
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by maverick12 »

What's the verdict guys?

200Above
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 200Above »

The final result of the recent vote entitled, “VOTE #88 – Proposed MOA Amending the 2020- 2023 Collective Agreement”, is as follows:
Number of eligible voting members: 4137
Number of votes cast: 3831
Number of recorded abstentions: 28
Total voter turnout: 3859 (93.3%)
Do you approve of the proposed MOA amending the 2020-2023 Collective Agreement?
NO
YES ABSTENTIONS
3051 Votes
780 Votes 28
79.6 %
20.4% 0.7%
VOTE #88 – Proposed MOA Amending the 2020-2023 Collective Agreement – has not passed ratification.

TrustinThrust
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TrustinThrust »

93.3% voter turnout. Is that a record? Must be close for an MOA vote.

airway
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by airway »

The formatting didn't work very well. Can you try another way?

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

80% no, 20% yes. It's a strong no, but I wish it would have been over 90%.

Transition9er2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Transition9er2 »

200Above wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:08 pm The final result of the recent vote entitled, “VOTE #88 – Proposed MOA Amending the 2020- 2023 Collective Agreement”, is as follows:
Number of eligible voting members: 4137
Number of votes cast: 3831
Number of recorded abstentions: 28
Total voter turnout: 3859 (93.3%)
Do you approve of the proposed MOA amending the 2020-2023 Collective Agreement?
NO
YES ABSTENTIONS
3051 Votes
780 Votes 28
79.6 %
20.4% 0.7%
VOTE #88 – Proposed MOA Amending the 2020-2023 Collective Agreement – has not passed ratification.

Voter turnout - 93.3%
NO - 79.6%
Yes - 20.4%
Abstentions - 0.7%

A little easier to read now.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Transition9er2 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:12 pm

Voter turnout - 93.3%
NO - 79.6%
Yes - 20.4%
Abstentions - 0.7%

A little easier to read now.
Wow. Pretty clear.

You cannot send same NC back in.

Wait for MEC to be reconstituted in the new year and look at NC composition and agenda.

It is what it is.

MGMNT 10
ACPA 1

At least it is a good start.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

Time to dust off my resume and get ready to leave jazz!

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
Slugger
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Slugger »

This bid will be going in the garbage, if it's not already there.

lenaumade
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by lenaumade »

Wow Great unity show by the AC pilots for the junior pilot.
The 4 years flat pay stay. (or 5 and a half for the furlough guy) What a great achievement, What a chance the junior pilot have to stay another 4 years on flat pay, must feel great for them right now!
And good to be in Westjet Encore, they will stay our main pilot feeder, Sorry Jazz guys...You just get F.... really hard on that one.

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

lenaumade wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:40 pm Wow Great unity show by the AC pilots for the junior pilot.
The 4 years flat pay stay. (or 5 and a half for the furlough guy) What a great achievement, What a chance the junior pilot have to stay another 4 years on flat pay, must feel great for them right now!
And good to be in Westjet Encore, they will stay our main pilot feeder, Sorry Jazz guys...You just get F.... really hard on that one.
God reading your posts is infuriating. Management boot licking scab.

lenaumade
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by lenaumade »

RRJetPilot wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:50 pm
lenaumade wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:40 pm Wow Great unity show by the AC pilots for the junior pilot.
God reading your posts is infuriating. Management boot licking scab.
oooo...I feel so bad you re telling me that :lol: you voted no just for your conditions. Not the group. Yours. Period.

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

It makes me smile knowing how upset you are about this overwhelming no vote :)

lenaumade
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by lenaumade »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:00 pm
It makes me smile knowing how upset you are about this overwhelming no vote :)
I am glad it makes you smile, and As said before , I was not expecting the vote to go to yes for the reasons I stated in previous post. So I am not upset. But it seemed you don't like my post because at the end, Everybody is preching for his own church...This has nothing to do with Unity. It is about one group who would have their conditions really improved and another group where their conditions would have been a bit worse.
And I m not on Flat pay so It is not affecting me. I think about guy on flat pay who really struggle. We could have put the flat pay out with this MOA .

Return to “Air Canada”