Ground to flight line information

Discuss topics relating to North Star Air Ltd.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

pild04
Rank 2
Rank 2

Ground to flight line information

Post by pild04 »

Pay: 24.50/hr for Red Lake, Ontario.

No permanent crew housing provided. 8-12 month wait.

Information current as of August 2022
---------- ADS -----------

busdriver010
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Ground to flight line information

Post by busdriver010 »

Great company to come in and start your journey into the 703/705 world with just your 250TT and MIFR IATRA in hand.
Wait time which many would immediately want to know, as of Aug 2023, it stands at about the 7/8 months mark but with that being said it depends on how many are moving up the ladder and what the bigger airlines are doing in terms or hiring.

A look back in the past during the pandemic, the wait was 18 months, just something to keep in mind just incase we’re ever in that situation again. Also a positive spin on this was that no one was laid off during this period and everyone kept their jobs :)

Great company in terms of honouring the list of where one stands as moving up the wait list. The list comes out first of every month which is updated and respected to the T.

Options to move within from the 703 to a 705 world which invites you to a bond. 703 would be a 1 year bond or 5k. 705 would be a 2 year bond or 10k. Both of the above are pro rated.

I’m currently high up on the list as I write this post and wanted to put this out there for folks stressed and looking for an opportunity besides instructing as I was in the same position wondering what to do after flight school.

Hope that this information helps young guns out there.

Cheers :)

j_bab38
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Ground to flight line information

Post by j_bab38 »

busdriver010 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:16 am Great company to come in and start your journey into the 703/705 world with just your 250TT and MIFR IATRA in hand.
Wait time which many would immediately want to know, as of Aug 2023, it stands at about the 7/8 months mark but with that being said it depends on how many are moving up the ladder and what the bigger airlines are doing in terms or hiring.

A look back in the past during the pandemic, the wait was 18 months, just something to keep in mind just incase we’re ever in that situation again. Also a positive spin on this was that no one was laid off during this period and everyone kept their jobs :)

Great company in terms of honouring the list of where one stands as moving up the wait list. The list comes out first of every month which is updated and respected to the T.

Options to move within from the 703 to a 705 world which invites you to a bond. 703 would be a 1 year bond or 5k. 705 would be a 2 year bond or 10k. Both of the above are pro rated.

I’m currently high up on the list as I write this post and wanted to put this out there for folks stressed and looking for an opportunity besides instructing as I was in the same position wondering what to do after flight school.

Hope that this information helps young guns out there.

Cheers :)
Thanks for the info :)

Do you happen to know if the Ground to flight line positions are available doing rotations?

Thanks again!

Return to “North Star Air Ltd.”