Still "Paranoia"?

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
5x5
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Still "Paranoia"?

Post by 5x5 »

Here's some interesting news - and it's not from any fringe source or rabble-rousing site.

Florida State Department of Health says:

"This analysis found that there is an 84% increase in the relative incidence of cardiac-related death among males 18-39 years old within 28 days following mRNA vaccination. With a high level of global immunity to COVID-19, the benefit of vaccination is likely outweighed by this abnormally high risk of cardiac-related death among men in this age group. Non-mRNA vaccines were not found to have these increased risks.

As such, the State Surgeon General recommends against males aged 18 to 39 from receiving mRNA COVID-19 vaccines. Those with preexisting cardiac conditions, such as myocarditis and pericarditis, should take particular caution when making this decision."

Here's the link to the full news release - https://www.floridahealth.gov/newsroom/ ... ne.pr.html
---------- ADS -----------

Being stupid around airplanes is a capital offence and nature is a hanging judge!

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”
Mark Twain
daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Still "Paranoia"?

Post by daedalusx »

Quite wild how the science has evolved .... into what the so called conspiracy theorist said would happen 1.5-2 years ago. Lockdowns, censorship of doctors, masks, curfews, vaccine passports, freezing of bank accounts, etc. BTW how’s Sweden doing ?

Oh well, enjoy your “boosted” immunity from a product that’s still under EAU in which the last bivariant dose has been tested on all of 8 mice because omicron is such an immediate danger to all of society that we have to skip the human trials.

Can’t wait for the next batch of ads, don’t forget that your body is like a cellphone battery and needs to be recharged every 5 months or you can always subscribe to Pfizer+ for the extended life subscription. No refunds though.

I’ll remind you that the 18-40 age bracket, the Covid death rate was 0.9 per 100K (influenza is 1.1 per 100K). So you had a bunch of young healthy males who took an experimental shot that increases their risk of cardiac event by 84% that did not prevent infection nor transmission of said disease and they were coerced into taking it for fear of losing their careers and those who didn’t got demonized on the MSM by our politicians, lost their jobs, relationships ruined, etc

Yeah, I’d say it’s gonna take a while until a segment of the population will trust science, if ever again.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Did you actually look at the study? It found risk of all cause mortality was lower in *all* age groups after covid vaccine. So, clearly the vaccine didn't result in excess deaths.

The statistical analysis seems to be somewhat lacking as far as I can see. They didn't do any corrections for the number of analyses done, such as Bonferroni.

They just checked for being outside the 95% CI. That means if you do 20 studies like this, one of them will, on average, be outside that confidence interval due to random variations. This study did 31 comparisons, so the statistics are basically bullshit.

They may be something there, there might not be. But if there was something, you would probably expect it to increase overall mortality, not reduce it.

It could be that there is a cardiac issue with the vaccine, but the vaccine's benefits slightly outweigh the risks, i.e. it prevents more young people with pre-existing issues dying from covid than kills from cardiac issues. And given that practically everyone is either going to get covid or the vaccine, you have to ask what increase in cardiac mortality comes with the virus itself:

https://www.heart.org/en/news/2022/08/2 ... nd%20shows.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

5x5 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:33 am Here's some interesting news - and it's not from any fringe source or rabble-rousing site.

Florida State Department of Health says:

"This analysis found that there is an 84% increase in the relative incidence of cardiac-related death among males 18-39 years old within 28 days following mRNA vaccination. With a high level of global immunity to COVID-19, the benefit of vaccination is likely outweighed by this abnormally high risk of cardiac-related death among men in this age group. Non-mRNA vaccines were not found to have these increased risks.

As such, the State Surgeon General recommends against males aged 18 to 39 from receiving mRNA COVID-19 vaccines. Those with preexisting cardiac conditions, such as myocarditis and pericarditis, should take particular caution when making this decision."

Here's the link to the full news release - https://www.floridahealth.gov/newsroom/ ... ne.pr.html
Just something to keep in mind: an 84% increase in odds over a very small probability is still a very small probability. Meanwhile the probability of a cardiac event following covid is (was?) 10x higher than following the vaccine.

Having said that, it's unlikely that I will get a booster shot as I've yet to see compelling evidence of it's efficacy. (In contrast, the original vaccines during the delta variant likely saved millions of lives.)

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

Bede wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:19 am Just something to keep in mind: an 84% increase in odds over a very small probability is still a very small probability. Meanwhile the probability of a cardiac event following covid is (was?) 10x higher than following the vaccine.

Having said that, it's unlikely that I will get a booster shot as I've yet to see compelling evidence of it's efficacy. (In contrast, the original vaccines during the delta variant likely saved millions of lives.)
Confirmed. Tam saved nearly a million Canadians.

And then people say "double something small is still small". Ok but what was the chance of severe illness in people in that age group. Did the vaccine reduce that chance by 100 percent? Because twice of small is still small.

Now you won't take a booster because you aren't convinced it worked, but you think the vaccine saved millions from delta? Hmmm.

Sounds like people just want to justify the stupidity of the last couple years. They are good to go back to normal now but to justify all the missed holidays they are like "yeah tam saved millions of Canadians when she said don't wear masks, then said wear them two months later... Millions saved" then they are like "we needed vaccine mandates to save us, but now I don't need a booster because the vaccine doesn't really work anymore"

Seriously ridiculous. Just call a spade a spade. The last two years was not science. It was complete garbage policy mostly smoke and mirrors.

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Much like this lady who justified her facial paralysis after getting the booster to save herself from getting a cold for 3 days. Total Stockholm syndrome. Says she’ll do it again because “it’s the right thing to do” :roll:

Let’s Go Brandon
Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:23 am Now you won't take a booster because you aren't convinced it worked, but you think the vaccine saved millions from delta? Hmmm.

Sounds like people just want to justify the stupidity of the last couple years.
Nope. The case fatality rate of the early Covid variants was 2 orders of magnitude higher than it is now and caused the failure of numerous health care systems. An aggressive approach was warranted. However the modern variants are of similar threat as influenza A H1N1 and therefore the response now should reflect that threat.

Last edited by Bede on Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

Bede wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:41 am
WellThatAgedWell wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:23 am Now you won't take a booster because you aren't convinced it worked, but you think the vaccine saved millions from delta? Hmmm.

Sounds like people just want to justify the stupidity of the last couple years.
Nope. The case fatality rate of the early Covid variants was 2 orders of magnitude higher than it is now and caused the failure of numerous health care systems. An aggressive approach was warranted. However the modern variants are of similar threat as influenza A H1N1 and therefore the response now should reflect that threat.
Case fatality rate, what’s the value of this metric? Early on you have less testing, and only diagnose those in hospitals who are getting severe cases. So the CFR is high. Also early on toronto public health as one example, decided a death with Covid was a death because of Covid. Did not matter if you also had cancer, etc. Excuse was we don’t know what killed them so we have to say it’s a Covid death.

Were early variants actually way worse or was the data skewed? Maybe a bit of both don’t you think? There was a narrative, and the narrative was not an accurate representation of the reality of the first few months of the pandemic.

Omicron hit, and according to you it’s just like the flu… why did it take from December 2021, until October 2022 to remove mandates? It took them only a few months to say a vaccine is safe and mandate it, but then apparently it took 8 months to get enough data to say omicron is only like the flu? Wow. Science. Funny how science is instant when they want to make rules, mandates etc. but then they couldn’t use science to figure out omicron was no big deal….

Anyways, now everyone can pay for it… Ottawa is capital retard, they told everyone not to have thanksgiving this year because Covid. Dumbdumbs. Everyone should have been over Covid when vaccines were Available to those at risk.

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

So .... based on what science, is it still justifiable for the American feds, to demand 2 shots of a mRNA "vaccine" based on the original CoV spike protein, in order fly to Florida, when their own State SG recommends against it for male age 18-40 ? :rolleyes:

show me the science

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:15 am Were early variants actually way worse or was the data skewed? Maybe a bit of both don’t you think?
It was initially around 10% before testing was widespread but then it levelled off at around 3% once testing ramped up. When the vaccines came out it steadily went down 1%. There's not much testing anymore so it's not accurate.

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:15 amAlso early on toronto public health as one example, decided a death with Covid was a death because of Covid. Did not matter if you also had cancer, etc. Excuse was we don’t know what killed them so we have to say it’s a Covid death.
That's a common criticism, but I don't think it holds up. Acute respiratory failure presents differently in people dying from Covid/pneumonia compared to people dying from metastatic cancer. I'm not a pathologist but I trust that they can differentiate the causes of death.

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:15 am Omicron hit, and according to you it’s just like the flu… why did it take from December 2021, until October 2022 to remove mandates? It took them only a few months to say a vaccine is safe and mandate it, but then apparently it took 8 months to get enough data to say omicron is only like the flu? Wow. Science. Funny how science is instant when they want to make rules, mandates etc. but then they couldn’t use science to figure out omicron was no big deal….
daedalusx wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:29 am So .... based on what science, is it still justifiable for the American feds, to demand 2 shots of a mRNA "vaccine" based on the original CoV spike protein, in order fly to Florida, when their own State SG recommends against it for male age 18-40 ? :rolleyes:

show me the science
Totally agree. The data showed that the vaccine was very effective against early variants. I never supported mandates, especially since the summer of 2021 when the worst effects of Covid we're well behind us.

Return to “Covid”