Emergencies Act Inquiry.

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Emergencies Act Inquiry.

Post by rookiepilot »

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/two-pro ... -1.6107262

Two provinces say they were blindsided by decision to invoke Emergencies Act

OTTAWA - Provincial officials in Saskatchewan and Alberta got a Valentine's Day surprise from the prime minister this year when he called to say he was considering invoking the Emergencies Act, a public inquiry heard Thursday.
Lawyers representing the two provinces were before the Public Order Emergency Commission, which is looking into the federal government's use of emergency powers to end to weeks of protests at border crossings and in downtown Ottawa.

The call (on Feb. 14) was not so much about consulting, it was about telling,” said Saskatchewan government lawyer Mike Morris.

“That phone call was the first time the federal government told the government of Saskatchewan that it was considering invoking the Emergencies Act and declaring a public order emergency.”

The Liberal government invoked the Emergencies Act on Feb. 14, the first time the law had been used since it replaced the War Measures Act in 1988. The move temporarily granted police extraordinary powers and allowed banks to freeze accounts.
Saskatchewan and Alberta say they objected to its use and believe the law did not need to be applied across the country.

Alberta's lawyer, Mandy England, described in her opening statement before the commission how existing laws and police resources successfully ended a protest at the border in Coutts, Alta., where several people were arrested and charged with conspiring to commit murder after a cache of guns, body armour and ammunition was found in nearby trailers.
“None of the powers that were created under the federal Emergencies Act were necessary, nor were any of them used in Alberta to resolve the Coutts blockade,” she said.

The federal government is planning to argue the opposite. Robert MacKinnon, representing Justice Canada, said the Emergencies Act was “reasonable and necessary” given the circumstances across the country.

————-

Trudeau, Dictator in chief, was overheard as saying the governments of Alberta and Saskatchewan, along with all of their residents, represents a fringe minority of homophobic racists that should barely be tolerated. “I make the rules here” He said. :roll: :roll: :roll:

“I have no time for an inquiry. I have plans to take the government jet to Tofino. My surfing needs work”

Of course, who knows what will be even revealed……

Civil liberties group raising transparency concerns ahead of Emergencies Act inquiry

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/civil-l ... -1.6106443

Trudeau said, “Civil Liberties? Unacceptable views!”

And you all laugh….
---------- ADS -----------

flyndad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Emergencies Act Inquiry.

Post by flyndad »

Same old bollocks, millions will be spent on this enquiry for what purpose? It will be a whitewash as normal.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis ... s-underway

Trudeau has no time for proper procedure. Why do we have rule of law then?

LILLEY: Trudeau trying to pre-judge Emergencies Act inquiry outcome as Commission gets underway

We knew from the very beginning, that invoking the Emergencies Act is a big step that had never been done before,” Trudeau said in Hamilton. “But given these unprecedented illegal protests, we needed to take action. We took it in a way that was measured, that was responsible that was time limited.”

It’s not up to the Prime Minister to declare, as the inquiry into his use of the Emergencies Act begins, that his actions were measured, responsible and time limited. Were this a trial, Trudeau could have been found in contempt of court for such utterances. Instead, he’s just showing he has no shame.

The purpose of this inquiry is supposed to be to look into the government’s actions and whether they are justified. That’s what the Emergencies Act requires, but the terms of reference Trudeau issued to Justice Rouleau back in April show he wants the judge to look into the behavior and financing of the protesters.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

I thought everyone says the CBC never deliberately lies.

They did.

https://tnc.news/2022/10/12/cbc-breached-standards/

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

8160BF15-5CEA-47DF-AB86-98C78FAB0DC8.jpeg
8160BF15-5CEA-47DF-AB86-98C78FAB0DC8.jpeg (62.76 KiB) Viewed 2152 times

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Aviatard wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:59 am 8160BF15-5CEA-47DF-AB86-98C78FAB0DC8.jpeg
Were you testifying today, buddy?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/d ... -1.6610776

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/emerge ... -1.6615637

My take.
If this is the worst experience in peoples lives — they have had a pretty darn good life. :roll:

Try seeing what a protest in other countries looks like, Karen’s……..

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Major bridges are being blocked, factories are shutting down, the economy will be taking major hit.......

If I were PM, I would invoke the Emergencies Act.

Sorry boys, I don't care if it is a bunch of green freaks or anti-vaxxers, you wouldn't be harming the economy like that if it were my watch.

Now back to hating Trudeau for all the appropriate reasons.

billhill
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by billhill »

Yeah well you are not and will not be PM. So who cares.

billhill
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by billhill »

Good ole JT stomped on all Canadian's rights and at least half the country applauds him for it. That should tell you something. If it does not ring any bells go back to watching the tube. The rest of us believe it was outrageous. The rest of the world thinks so too. There was no war, nobody was violent. People were protesting and that is a right in this country. You do not have to agree with the protest. Does not matter. But it was and is very legitimate. We are obviously a long way down the rabbithole. The only politicians with spines in North America are Tulsi Gabbard and Danielle Smith. Interesting they are both women. Runners up are Greg Abbott, Kristi Noem, Scott Moe and Ron DeSantis. The rest of them are spineless pathetic bureaucrats.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

pelmet wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:54 pm Major bridges are being blocked, factories are shutting down, the economy will be taking major hit.......

Sorry boys, I don't care if it is a bunch of green freaks or anti-vaxxers, you wouldn't be harming the economy like that if it were my watch.

The lockdowns and other useless covid mandates did FAR more damage to the economy and peoples lives than the convoy did. Some people are experiencing Stockholm syndrome as shown by this poster.

Let’s Go Brandon
goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

pelmet wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:54 pm Major bridges are being blocked, factories are shutting down, the economy will be taking major hit.......

I don't see how the PMO can justify using the Emergencies Act considering how it defines a "National emergency"...

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/act ... age-1.html

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

billhill wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:02 pm Yeah well you are not and will not be PM. So who cares.
Or wannabe Dictator of the month.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Harming the economy as in like closing restaurants and roping off the winter clothing at Walmart? Closing golf courses probably saved countless lives too right? These politicians should be sent to a Nuremberg style trial and pay for their actions.

Let’s Go Brandon
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

Inverted2 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:53 pm

Harming the economy as in like closing restaurants and roping off the winter clothing at Walmart? Closing golf courses probably saved countless lives too right? These politicians should be sent to a Nuremberg style trial and pay for their actions.
The irony when a couple hundred protestors are apparently to blame for our economic troubles when gov printed billions of dollars and told people not to work for months at a time.

Pelmet never gave a shit about having good economic policies through covid, why does he pretend to care now 😂.

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:06 pm

The irony when a couple hundred protestors are apparently to blame for our economic troubles when gov printed billions of dollars and told people not to work for months at a time.

Pelmet never gave a shit about having good economic policies through covid, why does he pretend to care now 😂.
Gee, when you are advocating punching other pax lights out to get out of a evacuated airplane…………..
Rather consistent to be sure.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Harming the economy as in like closing restaurants and roping off the winter clothing at Walmart? Closing golf courses probably saved countless lives too right?
As PM(maybe I will run), I don’t allow bridges to be blocked because some premier decided to close golf courses. Greenies and anti-vaxxers blocking the economy would go to jail.

Notwithstanding clause used to bypass the judges.

Gosh I would be good.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:06 pm

As PM, our unofficial motto would be Drill Baby Drill. The pipelines built through emergency legislation to counter the China-Russia threat(and perhaps stop those wanting to cash in on their Russian stocks).

Europe needs emergency energy and we would provide it. The carbon tax and other foolish green agenda items would end. The whiners would be ignored.

Our economy would be booming and inflation would be reduced as our dollar rises and less government money is thrown around.

Significant royalties(and money saved from closing the CBC) would go direct to health care.

More weapons for Ukraine, woke causes cut off with legislation mandating equality of opportunity.

Vote for Pelmet. Make Canada great again.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

Cut healthcare funding in half and abolish the health act so we can have a two tier system and you have my vote 😉. The last thing we need is another penny going to such a broken cause.

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:43 am Cut healthcare funding in half and abolish the health act so we can have a two tier system and you have my vote 😉. The last thing we need is another penny going to such a broken cause.
Two tier……yes. With certain limitations to ensure that medical personnel are not stripped from the public service. While the details would have to be worked out, rules for experienced foreign doctors and nurses in at least certain areas would simplified and there would be great emphasis on immigrants with such experience being fast tracked in terms of immigration status.

Fast tracking for young workers willing to be caregivers, nurses, etc.

Strict rules on doctors who want to just become cosmetic surgeons instead of helping the medical system.

As I said, the details would have to be worked out, but the overall concept is a parallel system implemented slowly.

A great start would be MRI businesses with fast tracking for immigrant technicians.

I have already paid for private MRI’s but some provinces restrict them.

Quebecers are ready for private health care, they would be the leading edge and would likely be on a path to being a world hub for private health care. Good for the economy.

Return to “Covid”