In the heat of battle

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

sportingrifle
Rank 5
Rank 5

In the heat of battle

Post by sportingrifle »

For those who are stridently involved in differing opinions related to our employment as pilots, I would strongly suggest reviewing both the harassment policies and the expectations related to Professional Management. Failure to follow these policies can have some pretty severe repercussions. Given an employers responsibility to provide a safe harassment free workplace as well as to ensure high levels of crew performance, it would be pretty difficult to defend oneself against any such valid accusations. Besides, a little more civility is just nice.
---------- ADS -----------

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: In the heat of battle

Post by rudder »

sportingrifle wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:05 pm For those who are stridently involved in differing opinions related to our employment as pilots, I would strongly suggest reviewing both the harassment policies and the expectations related to Professional Management. Failure to follow these policies can have some pretty severe repercussions. Given an employers responsibility to provide a safe harassment free workplace as well as to ensure high levels of crew performance, it would be pretty difficult to defend oneself against any such valid accusations. Besides, a little more civility is just nice.
To that end - what are the next steps for the AC pilot group?

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: In the heat of battle

Post by Fanblade »

rudder wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:27 am
sportingrifle wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:05 pm For those who are stridently involved in differing opinions related to our employment as pilots, I would strongly suggest reviewing both the harassment policies and the expectations related to Professional Management. Failure to follow these policies can have some pretty severe repercussions. Given an employers responsibility to provide a safe harassment free workplace as well as to ensure high levels of crew performance, it would be pretty difficult to defend oneself against any such valid accusations. Besides, a little more civility is just nice.
To that end - what are the next steps for the AC pilot group?
Near term. Elections.

The membership has also been using petitions and the constitution to force ACPA to put out a vote on an issue.

The latest petition is a request for ALPA info sessions. This is a slow process though. Poll open for a month. ACPA vetting takes a few weeks. Then putting it to vote.

Hopefully we are set for a good start in 2023.

Return to “Air Canada”